We were one of many who read the reviews and were more than apprehensive about staying here, but we bit the bullet and had a really great week at the Palace.
Rooms - very clean, spacious and lovely air conditioning. Only downside was no tea/coffee in room and only English channel was Sky News.
Food - Wow, loadsa food ! All very good quality with good variety, meat, fish salad and off course, chips ! Puddings were good, fruit, chesse and biscuits to accompany the free wine or soft drinks.
Entertainment - Probably the only slight let down. Bingo Bango Bongo every night, live act then a 'ghost town disco' unitl midnight. Carlos was life and soul of the party and and all the staff, including Reception, were very friendly.
Hotel - The Palace did seem to attract the over-fifties brigade, but after a day in the sun and on the ale, they came alive after Bingo ! A few young groups bought the poolside to life. Pool was very small and the Hotel need to control the sunlounger problem as towels were being laid at 6.30am. A lounge area would have been nice and all the seating is on single chairs around round tables, bit like the Queen Vic !
Out and About - The Palace is only five minutes from the Palma Nova strip and 5 minutes Taxi from Magaluf. Beach is clean ans well organised, sea was crystal clean and loungers were available at 3 Euros each. Must see the Pirates Uncut Show in Magaluf, Dolphins at AquaMarine Parc, Market at Andrext on Wednesday, Palma Palace and City well worth a visit and an amazing 54 hole crazy golf course in Palma Nova with lovely scenery. Get the 3D photo if you can !!
Overall - A really nice experience, would recommend for a week away at the most. For us, we are not sun worshippers and found plenty to do during the hot days.
Hope this helps. Chris & Sue, age 41 years young !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is a stone's throw away from one of the very best and famous beaches of Majorca. The hotel located in the municipality of Calvia, just 14km from the capital city, Palma de Mallorca. The area is known for its perfect combination of nature, relaxation, leisure activities, gastronomy, shopping and beaches of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. It has everything you need for the perfect holiday experience in the sun for all the family. The hotel offers 193 comfortable rooms, all well equipped and come with a balcony as standard from which you can admire the stunning natural scenery. The hotel provides excellent cuisine for you to sample, and attractive bars and lounge areas where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere. The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is the best choice to experience an unforgettable holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Globales Palmanova Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Palace Hotel
- Palmanova Palace Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova Palace
- Palma Nova Palace Majorca
- Palma Nova Palace Hotel
- Globales Palmanova Palace Majorca