“Pete and the Welsh Lads”

Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Nr MaidstoneKent
“Pete and the Welsh Lads”
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We stayed at the Palma Nova Palace from 27th July to 3rd August and had a lovely time. It was nice and clean and we didnt have any problems apart from the hairdryer kept breaking. The food was lovely, plenty of choice making it difficult to decide what to have. The staff were ok although some can appear rude, but i came to the conclusion that spanish people appear that way anyway. Zita and the bar staff are great even though they work long hours, they were always happy and polite.
The beach is only a short walk from the hotel, we went every day as it was too hot around the pool area, plus the older guests grab the sunbeds really early and lay claim to them for the whole day.
The most disappointing thing for us was that the hotel doesnt cater for the 40 - 50 age group at all. The guests are mainly all older people. I felt sorry for the younger couples too they must have felt they were holidaying with their grandparents.
We found it quite boring at the hotel until we met Lancashire Pete and the Welsh lads! Alison and Pete the Welsh honeymooners, Gemma, Sherilee and hannah. They were all fantastic and included us in their card drinking games besides the pool at night before we all ventured into Magaluf for some fun.

• Liked — Clean and nice food
  • Disliked — they need to cater for 40 - 50 age range
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
South Wales
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My wife and I stayed at The Palma Nova Palace from 4 to 11 Aug 2008. The rooms were clean and tidy and ours was in a quiet area! The meals were in the main very good with a variety of choices. My wife enjoyed the desserts especially! The drinks as part of the All Inclusive package were what you expect, watered down San Miguel plus the usual Vodka,Barcadi etc and Cocktails like Sex on the Beach. The Quiz and Bingo were entertaining, if you like that sort of thing and the shows were on the main very good,although the non apearance of the tribute to Neil Diamond on the Friday upset quite a few people!! The weather during our week was quite hot but the pool area was very small so we made our way down to the beach on most days.There are other attractions in Palma Nova to see, the Stadium Review Bar was particularly good with tribute bands to The Spice Girls,West Life and Queen being of a high quality.The Hotel daily entertainment with a schedule of games etc was enjoyed by everyone who took part.

• Liked — Easy Access into Palma Nova
  • Disliked — The Pool area was too small
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Booked through Thomas Cook, group of 9 18 year old girls looking for a partying holiday in Magaluf. If this is what you want, don't stay here. It is a taxi ride away from Magaluf and is full of older residents who STARE AT YOU LIKE YOU HAVE 2 HEADS!

I slept on a camp bed for 2 weeks, which i paid £800 for as we were all inclusive. 3people in a 2person room! The air conditioning leaked down the wall and onto our suitcases when we were out one day. Definately not 4* accommodation for the price we paid. We also met a group of guys who paid almost £300 less than us...we were robbed!

The food was very repetitive, the weather was lovely and the pool was always busy (people got up at like 7am to put towels on loungers...who's up at that time?? Unless it was us coming in from Magaluf :) )

I would definately come back to Magaluf, not Palma Nova. Well maybe when i'm 60!

• Liked — can't remember there being anything
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed August 2007
Kent, UK
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I booked this hotel last minute through a Travel Agent - Thomas Cook (which owns the Hi! range of hotels, of which The Palma Nova Palace is an example).
In the brochure, Thomas Cook give the hotel a 3 star rating, and if the owners of a hotel give a lower rating than that of an 'impartial' judge, the alarm bells should really start to ring.
I don't want this to sound like an angry unreasonable rant, therefore I'll now outline my problems with the hotel.
Firstly, there was a lack of hot water. I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights, and could only have 3 decent showers the whole time.
Secondly, the walls may as well be made of paper, for all their soundproofing ability. The people staying next to me were by no means loud, but I could actually hear some of their conversations when my balcony door was shut. This in my opinion, is ludicrous. If I'd been unlucky enough to stay next to some typical lager louts I'd've been in for a bumpy ride.
Thirdly, the cleaner really didn't really do her job as well as she should, on one occasion paying no notice whatsoever to the fact that I'd put a sign on the door saying that I wished not to be disturbed.
Fourthly, the entertainment facilities and programme was poor to say the least. The entertaiment room and pool area are cramped, so it's difficult to get a seat or sunbed at the best of times.
Then there were things which might seem slightly minor, but that I think should set a 4* hotel apart from the rest.
Firstly, the T.V. had no remote control - I do quite like to watch T.V. as I go to sleep, so constantly having to get up to change the channel or turn the thing off was a bit annoying.
Then there were the views. In the distance you could see the coast, but much more immediate were the views of nasty old buildings and what appeared to be the beginnings of new developments.
On the few occasions I did decide to sit by the pool, there seemed to be conflicts between the entertainment staff and the bar staff about whose music was better and therefore deserved to be played loudest; a fact not helped much by the lyrical accompaniment of one of the loud, tone deaf bar staff.
I have stayed at 3* hotels which have been FAR superior to this in absolutely EVERY respect. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone (I like).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

England
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I stayed here in April/May 2007 with my boyfriend. We stayed in the Palma Nova Palace as it was for adults only. We went all inclusive - very nice food and selection though it got a bit repetitive after a while. The drinks were great too! Palma Nova is a beautiful place to go, 3 golden beaches, selection of shops and bars and Torrenova and Magaluf just a 10-15 minute beach walk around the corner where more shops and bars line the streets.

Locals are very friendly and there is a bus service to Palma and near by resorts such as Santa Ponsa. We hired a car which was good value for the type of car and length of hire. We went to Palma and Santa Ponsa and Paguera and the Port de Andtratx. We went on an excersion with the hotel a few times, great days out but far cheaper to take down the places they are going to and hire a car :) Mallorca is definately the best of the 3 Balearic Islands. So much to do, especially in the high season when the attractions are open.

I loved it! I really want to go back when I have the chance.

uk
Reviewed July 7, 2008

booked this hotel through the web-site and Easy Jet...all inclusive..we have never stayed A/I before and were not sure what to expect!!..the food was great (dining room a bit cramped when busy) Drinks were good.. San Miguel beer and great cocktails..room clean ,service good and the staff were very helpful..only draw back were the spanish pensioners...I do not understand why they are so rude..I have been to Spain lots of times and have always found the Spanish people to be so nice..I think it is because they stay free and resent the paying guests...but Hey Ho...it didnt spoil our holiday and I would recommend.

• Liked — bar staff
  • Disliked — spanish pensioners
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
ballymena
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Just home from Palma Nova Palace, really enjoyed my stay here. Rooms were clean, food was nice, if a bit repetive as week went on, staff are all very friendly. especially andre, zita and sulman. good location too, not far from the beach, 2 mins walk. pool is nice, but no one bar us used it when we were there. the sun lounger area is a bit secluded cos of high walls so make sure you get yours early so you can be in the sun all day. ones up top near baby pool are normally the best.

and to all young girls staying here, beware of the sleezy night reception man, he thinks he can have his way with any girl he wants. bar him rest of reception staff are lovely.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — sleezy reception man
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends