“Loved it!”

Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
England
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I stayed here in April/May 2007 with my boyfriend. We stayed in the Palma Nova Palace as it was for adults only. We went all inclusive - very nice food and selection though it got a bit repetitive after a while. The drinks were great too! Palma Nova is a beautiful place to go, 3 golden beaches, selection of shops and bars and Torrenova and Magaluf just a 10-15 minute beach walk around the corner where more shops and bars line the streets.

Locals are very friendly and there is a bus service to Palma and near by resorts such as Santa Ponsa. We hired a car which was good value for the type of car and length of hire. We went to Palma and Santa Ponsa and Paguera and the Port de Andtratx. We went on an excersion with the hotel a few times, great days out but far cheaper to take down the places they are going to and hire a car :) Mallorca is definately the best of the 3 Balearic Islands. So much to do, especially in the high season when the attractions are open.

I loved it! I really want to go back when I have the chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
uk
Reviewed July 7, 2008

booked this hotel through the web-site and Easy Jet...all inclusive..we have never stayed A/I before and were not sure what to expect!!..the food was great (dining room a bit cramped when busy) Drinks were good.. San Miguel beer and great cocktails..room clean ,service good and the staff were very helpful..only draw back were the spanish pensioners...I do not understand why they are so rude..I have been to Spain lots of times and have always found the Spanish people to be so nice..I think it is because they stay free and resent the paying guests...but Hey Ho...it didnt spoil our holiday and I would recommend.

• Liked — bar staff
  • Disliked — spanish pensioners
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
ballymena
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Just home from Palma Nova Palace, really enjoyed my stay here. Rooms were clean, food was nice, if a bit repetive as week went on, staff are all very friendly. especially andre, zita and sulman. good location too, not far from the beach, 2 mins walk. pool is nice, but no one bar us used it when we were there. the sun lounger area is a bit secluded cos of high walls so make sure you get yours early so you can be in the sun all day. ones up top near baby pool are normally the best.

and to all young girls staying here, beware of the sleezy night reception man, he thinks he can have his way with any girl he wants. bar him rest of reception staff are lovely.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — sleezy reception man
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank karenbufc
Northamptonshire, UK
Reviewed May 13, 2008

1 week half board.
A really disappointing time. definatly will NOT go back to this hotel.
Rooms small but adequate,
Pool small, not enough room for the sunbeds.
Entertainment poor.
Breakfast ok, Dinner, repeatative, ate out 3 times because we were fed up with the menu.
The start of the week was quiet, mostly mature people, mid week 24 rugby players turned up, they were very rowdy, then the stag and hen party's arrived, again very noisy especially early hours of the morning, banging on each other doors and shouting. not a lot was done when we complained as the same happened the next night. We were glad to be going home after 2 nights with very little sleep.
We are all for people having a good time but if they want that sort of holiday then go to Magaluf.

• Disliked — Repeatative menu
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patslough

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

Hertfordshire
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Sorry this is long folks, I like to be detailed! Stayed at this hotel mid-april for a week. It was ok but not brilliant and not really what I would personally class as a 4* hotel. The holiday itself was enjoyable and the hotel is in a convenient location but be aware that the hotel is not right on the beach itself so you can't just walk out of the hotel and onto the beach. It's literally a 5 min walk to the beach and all the shops & restaurants, so it's quite nice as it's close enough to walk to and it's not right outside your front door so it's not too noisy. Swimming pool is ok but is in a shady spot and didn't get long periods of sun and was a bit cold at times, but we did go at a cooler time of year so I don't know if it's different during hotter periods. Not that many other facilities apart from the pool. Entertainment was alright not much to say about it really because it wasn't my cup of tea as I am only in my 20's and as it's an adults only hotel the entertainment is geared more towards "adults" . The Cuban dancers we saw were entertaining but the other entertainment was just standard hotel type entertainment however I didn't see it all as I didn't stay at the hotel every evening.

The food was standard, not that great, but ok. Seemed to be the same every day not much of a variety. Breakfast was fairly good though. Dining room was a bit squashed at times and you were in and out of everyone's tables. Sometimes it was difficult to get a table, depends on the time that you go though, I found if you go earlier there are plenty of tables to choose from. Staff were fairly friendly, worked hard in the restaurant so were a bit stressed out at times. Don't do what we did and try to take any food or fruit out of the restaurant though as you are not allowed....not even a banana!!

As someone said on a previous review, the Spanish OAP's get 1 free/half price holiday per year paid for by their government depending on their age (which is great... if only the UK had something like this!) and they have to take it before end of April I believe, so the hotel had a lot of Spanish OAP's and was dominated by them. I have no problem with this at all, everyone deserves a nice holiday, but if they had some manners it may have been a bit more enjoyable for the British guests! It made it very difficult to find a seat in the evening as all the Spanish had "reserved" theirs with coats and cardigans so nobody else could have them, and don't even think about getting up from your own seat because they will swoop right in there and try to take it!! They were a bit rude in the dining room as well, as it's buffet you help yourself but it's nice to have some consideration for others instead of hogging everything for yourself! Please note this applicable to the Spanish people who were there at the time when I was there, but after they had gone home and some new Spanish people came in, they were not half as rude as the ones I had encountered, so I am not painting all with the same brush because they are not all the same!!

Rooms were ok, room we were initially given was standard, not that great on first impression when I first walked in as it was a bit dingy and smelt of smoke and it was on the ground floor and was right next to the entertainment, so I wasn't too pleased with it as it wasn't exactly a great as we were told when we booked. It also had no sea view which we requested and we also requested a high floor but were given ground! So be careful with your requests because you may not get them as someone who we met was given a high floor and they requested a lower floor as they didn't want too many stairs and were afraid of lifts! We changed rooms the next morning and were given the very top floor in a much better, quieter, slightly more spacious room with a nice sea view!! It was a lot nicer, the little things such as the brighter room and balcony and view made ALL the difference, and the hotel were very good about changing the rooms I can't fault them there at all so we were very happy with that.

All in all the hotel was alright but I wouldn't go back to it again, if I go back to Majorca I would book a different hotel.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — The food wasn't great
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
blackpool
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Just spent a week at The Palma Nova Palace and had a great time.Staff,Accommodation,Food all first class.Will definately go back and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
bristol
Reviewed April 27, 2008

over45s couple from bristol
no kids great ! Adults only hotel
hotel was very clean ,Stayed here in april for 4 nights as break, although weather not kind to us the hotel was fine for what we paid on an all inclusive basis. Buffett style breakfast/lunch & dinner with something for everyone . Rooms ok bar ok entertainment needs upgrading entertainment did not finish until midnight!
The hotel is not right in the middle of Palma Nova. It is about 5 minutes walk to the main road where all the shops and bars are. In my opinion this is a good thing. You are away from all the hustle however not that far away from it. I would go there again without hesitation

• Liked — how clean it was
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends