“Good Hotel, but ........” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel

Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel, but ........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We enjoyed a 10 day break at the Palma Nova Palace Hotel just a couple of weeks ago. The hotel was generally good. The rooms were comfortable (although I would recommend a choice of firm pillows and renew some of the beds) and the staff were friendly, however would like to recommend some improvements. There was no lock on the door to the luggage storage area, so if your departure time is a few hours after having to vacate your room it means your luggage is at risk. A lock on the door would be a big improvement. We were booked all inclusive and therefore had most of our meals in the restuarant at the Hotel, but did not like having to join an extensive queue to gain access to the restaurant which was the case most of the time. It would make more sense to have two sittings for meals to avoid this. The walls in the rooms were paper thin and every noise could be heard (we were in room 331). The areas around the pool are limited if you want to make the most of the sunshine. The entertainment in the evening left a lot to be desired. Although the hotel was for adults only, you would think the entertainment which was provided by the resident reps was for a group of children. No disresepect to the reps. The hotel management should consider paying for professional acts. To finish on a high note, the staff were friendly, the food was very good, varied and hot and the location was ideal set in the lovely resort of Palma Nova. Overall we enjoyed a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Choose a floor at the top
2 Thank jan P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

just back from 5night break rooms a bit dated food was good at first but wasnt as good last 3 days dont no if this they where shutting in a few days people staying where of older age but very friendly and many had been coming back for years but there many gripes about things be cut back and many where not coming back especially on the entertainment apart from the great female singer kerry on sat night that was about it

1 Thank paul r
Romsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have just returned from 5 nights at the Palma nova Palace, where we had a lovely break. I was a bit nervous after booking the Hotel as I read the reviews, apparently a lot of bad about the food, thefts and general bad points about this hotel. I can honestly say we didn't experience anything bad, there was plenty of food choices and was replenished with fresh as and when. The room and public area were spotlessly clean. The staff all helpful and polite. We didn't hear anything about any thefts although we kept anything of value on our person as reading reviews do make you cautious. I cannot really fault anything about our break apart from the evening entertainment was not to our taste but the staff worked really hard to entertain everyone. I do believe there are always people will moan about the slightest thing but can honestly say we had a lovely time. Thanks to all the staff who helped make our break enjoyable.

11 Thank sarah l
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have just returned from the Palmanova Palace. I really don't know what guests expect from a four star Spanish hotel - generally Spanish ratings are higher than UK - so I expected three star facilities and I have to say that the Palmanova Palace was a good three star. The food was good - plenty of choice and I was able to eat well at all mealtimes. The staff are excellent - friendly and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean - I don't recall ever seeing so many cleaners in any hotel I've stayed in. The hotel is well placed - close to amenities but quiet and very handy for buses. We used local transport to get to Soller, Palma, Andratx and Portal Nous, all of which are well worth a visit. The entertainers work very hard but the entertainment is very samey and not of a good standard. The only thing I would say is that it's not suitable for young people; the age group is definitely older generation.

I heard nothing about any robberies while I was there although I was very concerned before travelling after reading other reviews. However, I am glad I stuck with the Palmanova Palace as I don't think I could have had a better holiday at the price I paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Chehiretraveller
b hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Palma Nova Palace for a week from 7th -14th September.Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and had our request honoured to be on a high floor, we were on the 8th floor (833) in the main building and in this part of the hotel the lift does go up to the 8th floor.The view was amazing we could see the sea & mountains .We really enjoyed the food and found it to be of a good standard.This hotel is infact a 3 star rating now in the Airtours book but still shows 4 stars on the outside of thr hotel.It is a very good 3 star although it would be better if the' All Inclusive' snacks were served at the pool bar area.I found having to queue to get out onto the pool area of a morning as the doors were locked until 9am(although the sign said 10!!) really silly and have never come across it before.We quite like to have an early breakfast and be out by the pool at 8.30 am especially in the height of the season (July/August) when the sun gets very hot by mid-day, because of the people tended to go to breakfast later therefore causing the queue to form.
I had read some reviews just before we went about the robberies and therefore hired a safe as soon as we got there then on our 4th morning I was waiting for my husband when I overheard a lady discussing the fact that she had been robbed even though everything was in the safe ,therefore promptly emptied my safe and for the rest of the holiday carried our money & passports around with us ,we hide other items in a locked suitcase, this REALLY
spoilt our holiday as there wasn't much we could do about the robberies unlike bad food, eat out.I did speak to the Thomas cook rep , who told me the police were looking into the robberies & speaking to the staff I said it must be an inside job as the room & safe are not broken into but accessed using a master key, he didn't deny this & just said it was being looked into but this has been going on for over month now!!!This problem is really going to damage this hotel as I couldn't recommend to anyone purely because of this on going issue.

Room Tip: 8th floor for sea view and morning sun (833)
5 Thank lgad
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The palma nova palace is a very friendly hotel, most of the guest are English and very friendly. The food is good, the custard is to die for lol. They are very helpful to those that are disabled. It is only about 5mins walk to the promenade where all the cafes and shops are and the beach is beautiful. The pool is small and very cold but there were plenty of sun beds at this time although others said in July and August it's hard to get one. The pool area is built below the road and so the walls around it are very high and can block the sun or cause you to do a lot of sun bed moving to catch the best of the rays lol. The entertainers were there all day to late evening and were very friendly (from England) and there was something for everyone if you wanted to join in. The only thing I would say is they need to update there locking system on the doors of rooms, it is a normal key and no way to lock them once you are in the room, I think the card system gives you better security, and some way of locking it on the inside once your in your room even a latch or something. But all in all we had a great time .

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
HiHotels, Manager at Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking yhe time to write such positive comments about the hotel.
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have just returned from 1 week at this hotel which was sold as a 4 star hotel. This is not 4 star more like 2.5*. The dining room is not set-up to provide an all inclusive service, or, serve the amount of people there and is like running the gauntlet to get your meal. Meals were lacking taste and always warm, never hot. Bread was never fresh and one step away from stale. For all inclusive you would expect to have snacks available at the pool side, not in the Palma Nova Palace, you had to retreat to the 1st floor restaurant and eat your "snack" there. Much cheapness all around, wine was definitely watered down.
A few of the residents were robbed, even if items were in the "safe" which was an extra cost of 30 euro of which 5 euro was returned on departure. Reception staff just did not care, no customer service and on a couple of occasions there was no-one at reception and I had to ring the reception in order to have someone attend to us, this also reflected in the lack of security for this hotel. Also had to pay for the remote control for the television, this was 10 euro which was also returned on departure. The bedrooms were clean and the bathroom, however, looking very sad and worn down and cheap which did not lead you to spending much time in your room or indeed the hotel itself. Such a shame for the hotel residents and staff.

Room Tip: Rooms are tired and cheaply furnished and dressed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels