“Would recommend this hotel”

Globales Palmanova Palace
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just arrived back on 30 June from a weeks all inclusive stay at this hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel. We arrived approx 11 am in the morning and got into our room straight away instead of having to wait until 2 pm. All the staff were helpful and friendly. Rooms clean, fresh towels every day. The restaurant had a good selection, something for everyone. Two well stocked bars, bar staff excellent. Situated in a quieter part of Palma Nova, but only 10 minutes walk to bars, restaurant and beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
HiHotels, Manager at Globales Palmanova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel. We were pleased that you had a good holiday

Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews, we were surprised to find that we had no trouble finding sun loungers on the terrace( in the sun from midday to 1900 hours ). I thought the restaurant was excellent, and when we had to queue it was only for a couple of minutes and this was only because the tables could accommodate 4 people but on over 90% there were only 2 people.
The bar staff were great, and you were never kept waiting for too long.
The hotel was only a few minutes from the beach. We spent a few days there, 2 loungers and an umbrella cost 13.5 euros and lunch time we would go back to the hotel for food and drinks.
The entertainment team were great working long hours keeping guests happy.
I have to agree with the reviewer who commented on the restaurant not opening before 8am for those people on early flights,
even if its only ham,cheese, fruit and tea or coffee

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GILLANDJIM

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.W were pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My partner and I are both in our 20s and were looking forward to a nice quiet hotel to spend our holidays relaxing and enjoying ourselves. In reality, our experience could not have been worse.

The first day that we arrived, we visited the restaurant for lunch (having paid for All Inclusive facilities). We both thought that the food, although basic, would be manageable for the week. Our opinions were drastically changed at dinner. We arrived to find lukewarm sludge-like dishes that I would not have even fed to my dog. I had a mouthful of the chile con carne (literally a mouthful!!) and my partner ate a few mouthfuls. Both of us decided that there was no point in eating any more of it as it tasted disgusting and was freezing cold. By the time we left the hotel following this dinner, we both felt ill, very unsettled tummys and nausea. It spoiled our evening to be honest.

After the horrible dinner, we came on trip advisor and noticed that there was a few reviews that said that people had their safety deposit boxes broken into. I decided to test the theory and put a couple of plasters over the door of our safe. We took all of our prized possessions with us that evening and left the safe empty. When we returned, the plasters were gone and the back of our safe had been unscrewed. As nothing had been taken, we didn't feel that it was necessary to phone the police but we just kept our belongings on us at all times.

At this point, my mind was made up to phone my rep from Jet2 holidays first thing in the morning. The phone box in the hotel did not seem to be working so I asked at reception if they could please inform my rep that we would like to speak to her. The man on reception was very volatile and unpleasant at other times when we had experienced his "customer service" skills but at this point he was down right rude. He told us we could not bring a rep to the hotel and that they wouldn't be working on a Saturday anyway. When I pointed out that there was a 24/7 service number on the package that the reps had provided us with on our arrival.

I won't go into detail about what passed between us and the rep as it has nothing to do with the hotel itself. We were told that there was nothing she could do unless we paid 300 euros each to move hotels and it wouldn't be possible to do so until the Monday.

We decided that evening to try out the restaurant one last time as we had paid a fortune on eating out already. This time, we only ate rice and curry sauce with some chips thinking it wouldn't be possible to get too ill with only vegetarian food. . .how wrong could we have been. Again within an hour of eating the food, both of us were ill. Coincidence? I wouldn't say so personally.

The cleaners were aggressive and were whispering in Spanish to each other whilst pointing at us which I found extremely rude and out of order.

The sunbed situation didn't bother us because we wanted to spend as much time away from the hotel and the beach was literally a 2 minute walk away. All that I will say is that I have never seen people so desperate and quite honestly quite sad as they queued up for half an hour before the pool area opened just to reserve a sunbed. I didn't really understand what the point of the hotel having signs everywhere to say not to reserve sunbeds was. They did nothing about those who left towels all day on sunbeds so others couldn't use them. The beach was the best option for sunbathing to be honest.

Watch out for the vodka they serve on all inclusive as everyone was saying that it gave them heartburn and we experienced this also.

The entertainment was non-existant. Gaz and Kay (the entertainment team) seemed alright but they just didn't have the tools to work with to put any sort of entertainment on. Each evening, we went out of the hotel to Reflex (80s themed night) along the road as we just thought that the entertainment looked awful. Nobody was enamoured by it at all.

Last thing. . .we slept with a chair behind our bedroom door as there were a few instances where we were awakened from siesta by members of hotel staff attempting to open our door for whatever reason.

Overall a dreadful hotel full of thieves and aggressive people who just should never be allowed to work in hotels. I never once saw a manager around the hotel and to be honest if I was him, I would hide too.

I strongly advise avoiding this hotel at all costs, I know some people on here are defending it but I seriously question their standards when this is meant to be a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: We had a balcony view over the pool however, we were right next to the church and the church bells w...
1  Thank megorme
HiHotels, Manager at Globales Palmanova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

t was a shme that your holiday was such a negative experience we hope that you are able to approach your nrxt holiday with a positive attitude and therefore have a happy pleasant well deservet break

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Arrived back on the 20th June from a weeks stay at this hotel. Had been here previously 3 times betweeen 2003 & 2006. It was lovely to see that the hotel was still as good as we remembered, there were many members of staff who were still there and who made us feel really welcome.
After now reading some of the reviews from people who were there at the same time I am amazed. Some of the comments are grossly unfair, yes the hotel is full of more mature guests but surely that is why you book an adults only hotel!!
The food was excellent & very varied. I am amazed that anyone could not find something they liked.
As to the comments about sunbeds, can anyone explain to me why people seem to feel the need to rush down & reserve one when the hotel clearly asks you not to do this!

The entertainments team, Gaz & Kay were super, very friendly & wecoming, invited everyone to partake but were not at all pushy, We had 2 professional evening entertainers , who were both great, in only a 7 day stay
The only blip to our holiday was that I had my purse stolen in a shop on the promenade, but on returning to the hotel, Pepe on reception could not have been more helpful, even drawing me a map of how to get to Guardia Civil to file my report.

In all we had a lovely holiday and we would not hesitate to return again, the standard that all the staff adhere to is excellent. Rooms are kept immaculate, bar & restaurant service is very good and it is lovely to have such pleasant people to deal with.

The cost of the holiday was very competitive & was excellent value for money, All the staff should be complemented.

Room Tip: Better views from high floors in the two tower blocks overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

It was so encouraging to read your positive comments abaut the hotel .
The staff really appreciate that you took the time to write, it makes their hard work worthwhile.
We were pleased that you enjoyet your holiday.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

very disappointed in this hotel! definately not 4star! had heard was full of oldies which didnt bother me and was disappointed to find that groups of youngsters are starting to book up. think this spoilt the hotel as they were coming back from magaluf in early hours of morning and slamming of hotel doors and high heels could be heard in corridors. pool area is very disappointing and cramped-like area for the sun beds was a no go! there is a very high wall around the pool/sun area which means a lot of the area is shaded. entertainment is also disappointing even though kay/gaz do try hard! food was acceptable but felt a bit child-like having to queue up at restaurant door to be allowed in! plus point is only 5min walk to superb beach. think this hotel should stick to adults only but no groups allowed under a certain age. this was not just my opinion but some fellow guests too! wouldnt like to stay here any later in the season.

1  Thank lovesthesun_13
HiHotels, Manager at Globales Palmanova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for commenting on the hotel.
We were sorry to hear that your holiday did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After reading some reviews I was a little worried about this hotel, but I am pleased to say we had a wonderful time.
The hotel was spotless and the rooms, although a little dated served the purpose very well. A good sized bathroom, and plenty of storage space.
The staff were very friendly, especially the bar staff, they worked very quickly and efficiently, there was never much of a queue, and they also remembered what we drank, so impressive with the amount of drinks they dispensed.
The food was very good, always a varied selection, and fresh.
The only downside was the supposed entertainment. Why do they bother? Can adults not entertain themselves? We are not children, and we are not in an old folks home, but at times it felt like we were. It was very intrusive and drove us away most evenings.
I agree with the comments about the pool area and the towels on the sun beds. There are signs forbidding this, but the management do nothing to uphold their ruling. We found it quite entertaining to see grown adults acting like children, fighting over beds in the the sunniest spots. How sad is this? We chose this hotel because it was child free and would certainly return as it was very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LFG_11

Thank you for your wonderfully positive comments about the hotel.
It is so good for the staff morale to read these things and know that their hard work is appreciated.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel its self was okay, didn't think it would be full of old people, but all was very friendly. However didn't think much to the food, but the staff was very friendly. I had 300euros stolen from my room and £40 stolen also out of my purse, when i went to tell the reception they didn't look surprised and was completely unhelpful. Luckily it was my last night, but quite annoying that the hotel didn't have any CCTV cameras near the rooms. Wouldn't stay here again, and id advise people to keep their belongs on them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We are sorry that you had such a dreadful experience on your last night.
Unfortunately the hotel cannot be held responsible for any valuables not left in the safety deposit box.