I stayed here with a friend in July 2011, we wanted to celebrate after both recently turning 18 and I suggested Palma Nova as I had visited before and really enjoyed it. We wanted a nice girly holiday, not in the thick of all the nightlife but still the option to go out if we felt like it which was perfect with Magaluf around the corner. We stayed for a week and were all inclusive.
Arrival - We checked in around 12-1am, the man on reception was very nice, (as we found all staff were) gave us our all inclusive bands, door key, electricity card and provided us with a map of the area. Although one thing I couldn't understand was when we asked for a calling card (€6 for 30 minutes to landlines) he told us 'It was shut and the woman would be back tomorrow' and to come back in the morning which we found frustrating as our families wanted to know we had arrived safely.
Room - Our room and bathroom was clean. We were on the 1st floor over looking the pool/outdoor drinking area but despite that we never found it too noisy. We had read reviews of theft and maids stealing, so we hid our money around the room, and also kept the do not disturb sign up so the maids never came in and just made do with the towels we had, we never experienced any problems. Beds wasn't the same as home but did the job. As I mentioned before, we were given an electricity card attached to our keys (guess this was to lower costs of electric when people were out). We never found the room to be too hot when we came back from being out but a naughty trick for those who might... We did cut up a calling card and put it into the slot and the electric still worked.
Food/Drink - there was always a wide selection of food, although I can be fussy and on some nights just had a plate of chips. Food was always warm. I'm quite fussy with my drinks aswell, and only had about 5 alcoholic drinks whilst I was there... I stuck to coke the rest of the time (fizzy drinks are only served in the canteen at dinner by the way, although you can still get them at the outdoor bar)
ONE PROBLEM: We never ate breakfast, until on the last morning I had some of the Sausages and Pineapple Juice and at the airport in the line up at check-in I was sick, the people at the airport assumed I was drunk/hungover and were told I wasn't allowed to fly and had to pay for a new flight. I'm not sure if the food was to blame, but we specifically didn't drink or go out on the last evening and this is the only reason I can think of as to why I was ill.
Location - Lovely area, quite a lot of bars, restaurants, souvenir, alcohol & tobacco shops. McDonalds near by too. Beach was gorgeous, busy but never over-crowded. Sometimes we spotted little of schools fishes swimming in the sea. We ended up in Magaluf every night, and a taxi cost no more than €6, although the walk into Magaluf takes about 10 minutes and bars are dotted along which can make quite a fun bar crawl ;)
All in all I really enjoyed my stay at the Costa Sur, Palma Nova is my favourite place to travel and I would definitely go back. Apart from the breakfast, I didn't find a problem with the hotel. I'm a fussy person with food/drink, so I expected not to like all they had on offer. I would say this hotel is more suited to an older age group, but it catered to all our needs as we wasn't planning on having a wild holiday and if you're looking for a place to party look for somewhere deeper into Magaluf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is a stone's throw away from one of the very best and famous beaches of Majorca. The hotel located in the municipality of Calvia, just 14km from the capital city, Palma de Mallorca. The area is known for its perfect combination of nature, relaxation, leisure activities, gastronomy, shopping and beaches of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. It has everything you need for the perfect holiday experience in the sun for all the family. The hotel offers 193 comfortable rooms, all well equipped and come with a balcony as standard from which you can admire the stunning natural scenery. The hotel provides excellent cuisine for you to sample, and attractive bars and lounge areas where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere. The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is the best choice to experience an unforgettable holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Palace Hotel
- Palmanova Palace Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova Palace
- Palma Nova Palace Majorca
- Palma Nova Palace Hotel
- Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel Majorca