“Would recommend!”

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
London, England, United Kingdom
“Would recommend!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in July 2011, we wanted to celebrate after both recently turning 18 and I suggested Palma Nova as I had visited before and really enjoyed it. We wanted a nice girly holiday, not in the thick of all the nightlife but still the option to go out if we felt like it which was perfect with Magaluf around the corner. We stayed for a week and were all inclusive.

Arrival - We checked in around 12-1am, the man on reception was very nice, (as we found all staff were) gave us our all inclusive bands, door key, electricity card and provided us with a map of the area. Although one thing I couldn't understand was when we asked for a calling card (€6 for 30 minutes to landlines) he told us 'It was shut and the woman would be back tomorrow' and to come back in the morning which we found frustrating as our families wanted to know we had arrived safely.

Room - Our room and bathroom was clean. We were on the 1st floor over looking the pool/outdoor drinking area but despite that we never found it too noisy. We had read reviews of theft and maids stealing, so we hid our money around the room, and also kept the do not disturb sign up so the maids never came in and just made do with the towels we had, we never experienced any problems. Beds wasn't the same as home but did the job. As I mentioned before, we were given an electricity card attached to our keys (guess this was to lower costs of electric when people were out). We never found the room to be too hot when we came back from being out but a naughty trick for those who might... We did cut up a calling card and put it into the slot and the electric still worked.

Food/Drink - there was always a wide selection of food, although I can be fussy and on some nights just had a plate of chips. Food was always warm. I'm quite fussy with my drinks aswell, and only had about 5 alcoholic drinks whilst I was there... I stuck to coke the rest of the time (fizzy drinks are only served in the canteen at dinner by the way, although you can still get them at the outdoor bar)

ONE PROBLEM: We never ate breakfast, until on the last morning I had some of the Sausages and Pineapple Juice and at the airport in the line up at check-in I was sick, the people at the airport assumed I was drunk/hungover and were told I wasn't allowed to fly and had to pay for a new flight. I'm not sure if the food was to blame, but we specifically didn't drink or go out on the last evening and this is the only reason I can think of as to why I was ill.

Location - Lovely area, quite a lot of bars, restaurants, souvenir, alcohol & tobacco shops. McDonalds near by too. Beach was gorgeous, busy but never over-crowded. Sometimes we spotted little of schools fishes swimming in the sea. We ended up in Magaluf every night, and a taxi cost no more than €6, although the walk into Magaluf takes about 10 minutes and bars are dotted along which can make quite a fun bar crawl ;)

All in all I really enjoyed my stay at the Costa Sur, Palma Nova is my favourite place to travel and I would definitely go back. Apart from the breakfast, I didn't find a problem with the hotel. I'm a fussy person with food/drink, so I expected not to like all they had on offer. I would say this hotel is more suited to an older age group, but it catered to all our needs as we wasn't planning on having a wild holiday and if you're looking for a place to party look for somewhere deeper into Magaluf.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Chanel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
West Yorkshire
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Going back in May for the 5th time. We rarely go back to any hotel but this one is different.
Good tasty food that suits both our tastes.All inclusive option unbeatable.
Friendly staff ,clean rooms and a great location.
This is more suited to an older age group and we always meet and make new friends there.
Many come back every year.
For a relaxing holiday with decent entertainment and good company it can`t be beat.
Be prepared to put on a few pounds while you stay here.
My honest advice-JUST BOOK IT!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Linda52WestYorkshire
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

we agree with everything the previous person said. whoever rated this hotel hadn't been there.worse than most old peoples homes, no wonder there are no photos. food like school food at it's worst. we had to eat out....john,belfast..oct 2011

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnandmildred

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

Guardamar Del Segura
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Went with the Spanish Pensioners in February and found the Hotel very cleanand apart from Breakfast the meals were very good. Breakfast was spanish so no bacon and fried eggs(only boiled) but still enjoyed it. Staff said hotel in summer is mainly british and on an all lnclusive basis.Position of hotel is close to beach but away from noise.
Only problem is thickness of walls. You can hear every noise from ajoining bedrooms but this is spanish building.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Peter H
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I went with my boyfriend on holiday here last year (2011) and it was amazing. The room was so clean and was cleaned with fresh towels everyday, which is good for me as I have to have things clean all the time so it was nice i could relax in such a clean room. We was on the ground floor with a balcony which i thought would be a pain but it was actually really nice. The pool was a bit small but not many people went in it so we often had the pool to ourselves.The hotel was mainly older people and i am only 18 but i really enjoyed it and it was very relaxing which is what i wanted. The food was good and i always found something i liked. The staff was really friendly and there was good entertainment. We went all inclusive and it was well worth it. The cocktails where really nice! The beach and shops where very close to the hotel so it was only a short 5 mins or less walk. Such a good holiday and good value for money. I would love to go back here again sometime! Would recommend it for couples who want a nice quiet relaxing holiday (although not a bad walk to magaluf either!) Bars where also nice in palmanova at night. Very Good!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Louise161718
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in May 2011 with my boyfriend, we are both 20. We stayed for 2weeks half board. The food was lovely, something there to eat for everyone full fry up, fresh fruits and cereals. The rooms were spotless, clean towels and beds daily. The pool is quite small but why sit at the pool when the hotel is a 2 minute walk from the beautiful beach?! If you want to walk to Magaluf it is a 20 min walk, we done this daily there and back to go to Mambos outdoor bar which is brilliant! Entertainment from what I heard from my room was a lot of bingo and singing which went on until 12am. We went the glass bottom boat trip which was brilliant I would recommend this and also Western Water Park and the Pirate show! There were alot of older people staying in this hotel. We were out and about all day seeing the sights of beautiful Palma nova.

Note: To get to Magaluf it is 6Euros in a taxi.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Mireille M
Wolverhampton
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Medium sized Adults Only hotel, mainly 50/60+. About 8 minutes walk to promenade (no sea views) and unfortunately backing onto busy dual carriageway so my room rather noisy as well as balcony in shade from about 10.30 a.m. onwards. Bedrooms OK and kept clean, TV one English station CNN News.

Food good, but rather limited choice. Pool area so-so. Only small outdoor pool and sitting area, as hemmed-in by high rock face so in shade for part of the morning, and only sunny until around 4.30 p.m.

2 reps did the daytime entertainment which was mainly for men i.e. pool, boules, etc, plus daily lunchtime quiz. Evening entertainment was again quiz and bingo (although bingo no longer done as apparently illegal!!). They also did the evening entertainment with bit of singing and dancing which was OK, and professional singing group twice a week.

Staff very good and helpful. One PC available. More of a 3 star, than a 4 star hotel. Wouldn't stay there again as prefer larger hotel with more outdoor space and better facilities and entertainment. Sister hotel next door (Hotel Palmanova) was much more spacious with loads of outside space and bars, with large pool and lovely gardens.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of building facing pool to avoid noisy traffic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends