We have been to this hotel once before and enjoyed the adult only hotel.
Yes, we are just over 50, so any younger people reading this should be aware that it is not the place for them.
As said in previous reviews, rooms are basic 3* but exactly how long do you expect to spend in your room? Dining room is very pleasant and the restaurant staff work very hard. Food is pretty much to British taste and, yes, I am more adventurous than most British people but as the food was well cooked, I was pleasantly happy with each meal. It would be very nice to have a lot more Spanish food but it is pretty obvious from the clientele of the hotel that this would not go down well.
The bar is well staffed and you do not have to wait long to get a drink, which is quite unusual for an all inclusive hotel.
Tanya and Ben worked very hard at the entertainment and even I joined in occasionally, husband (Alex) joined in quite a bit. I agree with some of the comments that could do with a bit more evening entertainment.
What actually makes this such a good place for a holiday is the people that are holidaying there and Tanya and Ben. We had a brilliant time and have never chatted to so many people on holiday before (big thanks to Helen and Ray from Newcastle who helped to make our holiday so enjoyable and allowed us to be honorary members of the Toon Army for the week). Many, many of the people staying are repeat guests, so the Hotel staff must be doing something right to get these people back again.
To sum up, if you want an enjoyable, peaceful holiday with people generally over 50 and no kids, and you just want to chill out and do nothing, this is for you if you are not expecting anything too luxurious.
We will definitely be back.
PS our room was on 1st floor directly above the bar and we had no problems with noise at night. Evening entertainment winds down from 11.30 onwards and most noise from outside tables subsides before 1am. I don't expect to go to bed on holiday much before that and find it quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is a stone's throw away from one of the very best and famous beaches of Majorca. The hotel located in the municipality of Calvia, just 14km from the capital city, Palma de Mallorca. The area is known for its perfect combination of nature, relaxation, leisure activities, gastronomy, shopping and beaches of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. It has everything you need for the perfect holiday experience in the sun for all the family. The hotel offers 193 comfortable rooms, all well equipped and come with a balcony as standard from which you can admire the stunning natural scenery. The hotel provides excellent cuisine for you to sample, and attractive bars and lounge areas where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere. The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is the best choice to experience an unforgettable holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Palace Hotel
- Palmanova Palace Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova Palace
- Palma Nova Palace Majorca
- Palma Nova Palace Hotel
- Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel Majorca