2,404 results
All reviews mirlos tordos mama mia the lion king busy hotel kids pool family holiday evening entertainment entertainment team pool area kids club sunbed situation great holiday low floor snack bar sun loungers all ages nuggets
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Let's start with the good points: This is our 3rd stay at the Sol Palma Nova (and next year's is booked as well). Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but we put our luggage in the safe storage room and started our holiday. Check in staff are very helpful and our request for a poolview room was granted. The rooms,although basic,are beautifully clean with maid service everyday. All rooms have aircon and as long as the patio door is shut your room stays lovely and cool. The entertainment staff work very hard and produce some amazing shows for both children and adults alike and are very interactive. There are various activities available during the day for adults; darts,table tennis,water polo.
The hotel now provides soft drinks on a self service basis and cups are made from recycled materials. Straws are also paper. Bottled water is no longer provided (Great news) but is also available to dispense -including sparkling- so buy a bottle and refill.
Now for the not so good bits(note I didn't say "bad"). The quality and choice of food in the restaurant is not as good as previous years. We stayed in Palma Nova 2 but found the food in 1 slightly better. There is always something to eat but it wasn't as appealing as previous years. The Snack bar is now situated by the side of the stage in Palma Nova 2,which in essence is a great idea. There are facilities to make toasties,hot dogs, burgers and chips. Drinks are also available there. However, the food is never hot and on one occasion the burger bun was mouldy around the edge. I did point it out to the chef,who laughed and put it in the bin. Whether it was due to the weather, I'm not sure,but the area was also full of flies. Some guests were "told off" for taking food out of there whilst others were allowed to,which didn't make sense either.
Next it's the queues at the bar. It felt that there was less staff this year and the bar inside was never open. The queues did get very long at night and at times there was only one bar staff serving whilst the other frantically tried to clean tables. The staff looked frustrated at times and this reflected on the service they provided.
Finally,and I say this every time,there needs to be tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. The dining room doesn't open until 8am and there are no machines to get hot drinks from before then. It's not the end of the world but it seems the sol Palma Nova is lagging behind where others have provided this for a long time.
My last bit is about the pool,yes that age old "gotts go down in the dark to get my sunbed" (and I'm talking 6.15am.some mornings) thing that holiday makers get really tense about. Except at sol palma nova they're not just set up by the pool,but all the way across the front of the stage. It never bothers us as we just go to the beach but I dread to think what it must be like in July an August. Despite it clearly stating the pool closed at 6pm to allow for clearing away of the sunbes...it never happened so the poor staff had to keep away from their duties to clear the beds way a well after 7pm. So there you go,my very honest review of sol palma nova.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elizabeth F, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Palmanova by Melia - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complete review and all comments are passed to those concerned. We do hope that we can continue to welcome you in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband have just returned from our 10 day holiday and we both enjoyed it. All the staff were really friendly and helpful, there could have been more staff in the bar area, as the queues were long especially on a night but the wait wasnt too bad..Yes you have to be up early to get a spot by the pool, but we went down at 9am and could still get a spot.We stayed round the smaller pool, but note that if you plan to stay here with kids floaties are not allowed in this pool...
There was a large selection of food but it did get a bit repetative, there was only really the soup and one other main item that changed daily, my husband lived on burgers, chips, pizza and nuggets..
The location of this hotel is brilliant, you are very close to the beach, you walk out the back gate and through a park and you're there. We used to go out for walk in the local area on a night, the kids entertainment started at 8:30 for an hour, and then the adult entertainment started at 9:30. This wasnt too bad but most nights we were either out walking or went back to the room for 10pm...The view we had from the room was lovely, we had a mountain view straight infront of the balcony and a sea view to the right.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest, we really appreciate all of your comments and are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We do hope that we can welcome you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked for one and adult and child age 9 paid price of 2 adults
Thought themed Flintstones would be fun
Pool was overcrowded
All inclusive food not great we paid and ate out almost every day
Evening entertainment was ok
Wouldn’t return and would pay extra for a higher star hotel
Rooms where tiny
Child didn’t even enjoy and we basically only slept there and took ourselves to hotels friends where staying at and used their pool and as mentioned ate out so only good point of all inclusive where the soft drinks and bar
Wouldn’t book again unfortunately and would say it’s a very basic hotel who you could manage with toddlers who had a nicer pool area
Disappointing

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your comments and just a note to say that we have not had the Flintstones theme for the past few years as we now have Katmandú themes. We are so sorry your stay was disappointing and if we could have done more to assist you during your time with us to make your visit a more positive experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner booked this holiday last min just wanted a week in the sun all inclusive, I have been in alot nicer hotels on holidays but this hotel I'll say it just good enough to stay for the night, the food is okay but can get abit repeatative after a few days so when just went out for meals in the end, the hotel entertainment was rubbish for adults but I would say is fun for family and kids. To get a place by the pool is a joke, so we just went to beach instead, so if you would like to be by the pool side you have to be up early to claim your sun lounger lol. The drinks were okay but there is only one person working at a bar and your queueing up for ages. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, me and my partner just wanted a week in the sun, I'd like to come back to mallorca but not to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we do hope that in the future you would choose us again and we could have the opportunity to offer you a totally positive visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was sold this holiday as a last minute break and from the reviews/online it all looked fine, I was also assured with this being apart of the Melia group - usually Melia hotels are luxury but this is absolutely not!
On arrival, it absolutely looks presentable and clean.
The queue to check in was ridiculous, with only one reception member actually helping and Compas just sitting in the background, throughout the week it became apparent that she was very sarcastic and rude and unwilling to help.

The rooms are so small, we were a couple plus baby and had no space whatsoever - we had to leave our clothes in our cases & the cases in the walkways all week. Not impressed since we did pay for a larger room.

The food was absolutely horrendous, my son (1year) got very sick, as did I on the last day from uncooked scrambled eggs.
The choice was very limited, if you are happy to eat chips and plain half cooked rice all week then this hotel would be good for you.
I honestly cannot believe how bad it was - simple things like baked beans, rice and pasta should atleast be fully cooked. Nothing was edible at all - I really do wonder what other reviewers are used to eating if they are saying the food is good?!

The floors in the rooms are wooden, they were not hoovered or even swept at all, so by the end of the week they were very bitty. Cleaners are generally friendly, can’t fault them. The towels smelt like they had been stored in the kitchen.

The lifts were unbelievably tiny for such a large hotel and one was out of order for our whole stay so being on a high floor with a baby we relied on the lifts.

The animation team and night time entertainment was great. Evenings do get very busy, so unless you are early you won’t get a table. And as many others have pointed out, the queue for drinks is so long, I don’t understand why they don’t open the other bar?

Overall, the excitement to get home outweighed the holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest, many thanks for sharing and we are sorry our hotel was not to your liking in many aspects of our service.