Visited this for the first time after reading through the many reviews of hotels in Palmanova and I was not disappointed.The location could not be better as it is on the promenade and the lovely sandy beach. Adults Only and this suited us as many hotels are catering for the children often at the expense of adult enjoyment. The ground floor of the hotel has been upgraded and looks really good. The upper floors are I believe going to be refurbished which will turn this into a top class hotel. The room we had (315) was a good size and had 3 beds and will benefit from the planned refurbishment. We booked with Jet2 which did not say if the rooms faced the sea or not and when we discovered ours did not we paid the extra to get the sea view as one was available.The seaview rooms only got the sun in the morning but the views and being able to sit in the balcony in the evenings and catch the entertainment was good. Reviews mentioned the rooms facing the back suffered from noise from those passing from the discos etc in Magalluf but this did not seem to be a problem (September ?) The food was varied and mostly very good. There was nearly always sunbeds available.
WiFi has become fairly important for those of us wanting to use our tablets etc and really should be provided free but this hotel was charging 32 Euros to use their WiFi for a week even 2 euros for 15 minutes. Connect up to the free WiFi from the beach. Hiring the use of a safe are something else that we are getting ripped off with and this hotel was no exception.
The dining room serving was a problem that really needs to be addressed by the management.
The queue is often one long chain past the various areas such as soups, starters, carvery, main courses, sweets. Having got your starter and returning for your next course you either went back to the start of the queue or had to force your way into the queue at the appropriate place which could be an annoyance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Sol Beach House Mallorca enjoys a privileged location right on Palmanova beach. This adult only hotel (over 16 years) is ideal for relaxing and enjoying your partner's company, offering an exclusive atmosphere and magnificent sea views. Amongst its facilities is a magnificent pool and terraces with sea views. At the Sol Beach House Mallorca entertainment, relaxation and fun are guaranteed. This hotel will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Sol Beach House Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cala Blanca Hotel Palma Nova
- Sol Cala Blanca Palma Nova
- Sol Melia Palma Nova
- Sol Beach House Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca