Just returned yesterday from a 5 day break. The hotel itself is clean, modern and best bit for me "Adults only"!
On arrival check in was painless and quick with very efficient reception staff. Room was on the 1st floor and with a sea view. I had booked a double room but unfortunately the other person didn't come so I had it to myself. The others travelling in our party had booked single rooms but were given doubles so a nice upgrade for them. The rooms were clean, spacious.
The location is well placed that if you want quiet you stay in Palma Nova if you want lively then walk out of the hotel turn left and approx 10 minutes you're in Magaluf!
We managed breakfast twice during our stay and it was nice enough with a plentiful choice of hot / cold meats etc etc. The bar prices were ok and what you'd expect a hotel to charge.
Twice during the holiday the reception staff were excellent. The first being when a mobile phone needed charging and the second being when the coach pick up time was wrong and needed changing and they dealt with it themselves which they didn't need to as it was an outside agency. So thank you for that.
No problem with maid service but make sure you use your "Do not disturb" sign .....or they will!
One of our party ventured into the outdoor pool after chasing off the Polar bears and penguins and if the indoor pool was more clearly signed we would have used this.
On checkout I was a bit unhappy as although I had booked initially a double room but on arrival told them I would be on my own I still got charged for a double room where as the rest of the party who had booked single rooms but were given doubles (ironically next door to mine) were only charged the single rate. When I questioned the receptionist I was told this was due to it being booked on the internet and not directly with them. I booked through the Melia hotels website so couldn't see why they couldn't charge the lower rate.
All in all though not bad and if I went to that area again I'd probably stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Sol Beach House Mallorca enjoys a privileged location right on Palmanova beach. This adult only hotel (over 16 years) is ideal for relaxing and enjoying your partner's company, offering an exclusive atmosphere and magnificent sea views. Amongst its facilities is a magnificent pool and terraces with sea views. At the Sol Beach House Mallorca entertainment, relaxation and fun are guaranteed. This hotel will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Beach House Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cala Blanca Hotel Palma Nova
- Sol Cala Blanca Palma Nova
- Sol Melia Palma Nova
- Sol Beach House Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca