“A beautiful hotel, lovely food and wonderful staff :)”

Sol Beach House Mallorca
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We booked this as a cheap weekend away to celebrate our wedding anniversary, when we arrived, we noticed it was adults only, had no idea lol !
The hotel looks very grand, and is beautiful inside, there was a grand piano, that was played every night by a very talented pianist. The room (213) was lovely and overlooked the pool and sea, in my opinion is probably the bast located room in the hotel ! They are cleaned everyday.
We stayed B&B and the breakfast was great, everything from pastries, cereals, breads, full english, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, fruit cocktails, fruit juices, coffee, tea etc, breakfast kept me full until the evening.
The staff were fab, so nice and the young man at the front who insisted on carrying your bags and opening doors was an absolute assett, he would do anything for you.
All in all I can honestly say it was almost perfect, my only nitpick was it was too quiet !!!! I am not used to such peace, but this isnt the hotels fault , its mine , Thanks Sol Cala Blanca x

Room Tip: Ask for Sea view maybe second floor :)
2  Thank tonifcuk

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Really good hotel, didn't notice any of the problems noted by toher reviews, in fact the only gripe we had was the shower pressure !!
From check in to check out the staff were fantastic, even advised us to join the MAS club to have a free late check out room.
We had a sea view room and although great in the mornings and for the view we would have the road view if/when we visit again, just for the afternoon sun.
Nice touch of some dried fruits and bottled water left in our room for our first night, rooms cleaned every day/clean towels every day/good sized bathroom, bedroom & lounge area/balcony, plenty of hangers in wardrobe, safe 5 euro's per day.
We did B&B which was good with something for every taste with plenty of choice.
We were pleasesantly surprised as we stayed in the Torrenova marina last year and the Cala Blanca beats it hands down on every count, we would stay here again of we get the chance.

Room Tip: Sea view for mornings/Roadview for afternoon, upgrade to a Jnr suite
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Me and my girlfriends stayed here for three nights.We had sea view rooms and found them spacious and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and for us the location was perfect. I would recommend this hotel and would like to go back myself in the near future with my Husband or friends.

Room Tip: You get sun in the morning on the sea view rooms and in the afternoon on the road side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have just returned from a solo trip to this hotel and have to say that everything was excellent from the welcoming porter collecting my case from the coach, the receptionist who gave me an upgrade to a lovely double room (single booked), the bar and restaurant staff, food choice very good at each meal, very pleasant pool area, unfortunatly the indoor pool was being refurbished while i was there, but that and the fact that the internet didnt work most of the week were the only downsides. There was a piainist most nights in the lounge/bar area and i also saw a singer/organist (Sally) and a guy playing guitar. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 nights here and would definatly return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street receive the afternoon sun
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Hazel255
Reviewed March 29, 2012

just returned from a 4 day stay ,food was great, room very spacious,the hotel decor is very dreary once out of reception
one incident spoilt our break ,on arriving in hotel we decided to go out for lunch and my partner left her purse on the bed. when we returned the purse had disappeared ,luckily there was very little money in £4 and a few cards which we had to cancel,this episode made the stay here very uncomfortable after

5  Thank duffyspireite
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was part of a group of 15 cyclists that have just returned from a superb stay at this lovely hotel. The hotel had been closed for a few months over the winter months and has received a tastefully done modern make over which works very well and makes for a very relaxing atmosphere.
The rooms were always clean and a very nice size, with a large balcony, comfy loungers and being next to the beach had a great view.
All the meals were first class, huge choice and nicey cooked, so much so that even after doing 500 miles cycling we all put weight on!
Looking forward to a return experience next March especially if the plans for a spa get carried during next winters break.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Andrew E
Reviewed March 16, 2012

It has took me from the 17th of june 2011 to cool down enough to write this review, I do so in he hope that whoever reads it will ask themselves ,what do I expect from a 4 star rated hotel, If you are like me and expect a clean fresh well maintained hotel with good food welcoming staff " don't book this hotel, the first thing that meets you on entering the lobby is the smell
a heavy sicking smell of damp all though the bottom floor. next thing meets you is the shabby run down decor, 1980's tatty and torn carpets , cold faced reception staff who give the impression you are disturbing them. the room we where allotted was above the lobby, on entering the room are hearts dropped, dirty walls ,floor and bathroom, the balcony looked over a run down street and a view of another hotels staff car park, we insisted on a change of room and were taken to another dirty over looking the same road we were informed nothing else was available, we decided to try and make the best of it, we got pack away, my wife clothes in the in the little storage space available, I would have to live out of a suitcase, showered and when't for a look around the area, beach very nice ,usual shops, same merchandise .
we walked to the other end of the beach, here a grey water waste pipe discharging into the sea, had this discharge been happening in the UK, prosecutions would have been taken.
" SWIM HERE AT YOU PERIL", we returned to the hotel for the evening meal. on entering
the dinning room I could not believe what was being served to 4 star guests, all vegetable
where from TINS, cold meats curled up and weeping, hot dishes dried up and burnt, and under cooked meats, potatoes under cooked and cold , cheeses curled up and weeping.
and to crown it the ice cream ,was a small tub from a chest freezer . We left in discuss. and had too eat out for the whole of our stay, for fear of ending up in A & E. we have stayed in many 3 star and 4 star hotels over our life time, and can say with my heart in my hand this is the very worst i have ever stayed in, I am not a person that complains a lot and this is the first review i have ever wrote. and the reason I am writing it is to try and save holidaymaker who work hard and save up for a much needed holiday, from a soul destroying experience
and destroyed holiday you will have at this hotel

Room Tip: stay clear
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank robert s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
Sol Palmanova All Inclusive
Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis
Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis
#8 of 38 in Palmanova
Gran Melia de Mar
Gran Melia de Mar
#7 of 181 in Calvia
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa
Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur)
Hotel Son Matias Beach
Hotel Son Matias Beach
#1 of 38 in Palmanova

Been to Sol Beach House Mallorca? Share your experiences!