“A place to recharge your batteries”

Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Durham, United Kingdom
“A place to recharge your batteries”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My friend and I were in need of some relaxation and we were not disappointed.

The hotel is located in a quiet area but with easy access to Palma Nova. It was only a 30 mins transfer from the airport so in terms of location it really was perfect.

Although we appeared to stay in an older style room, it was comfortable and functional and the air conditioning kept things nice and cool. The bathroom was nice and clean and the shower has good pressure too. The only 'niggle' I had was that our room was a family room with connecting doors to the room next door.(276) They were locked but the gap underneath the door and the thickness of the wood ensured we heard every conversation next door. I'm sure our neighbours heard us too, so we kept noise to the minimum and so did our neighbours. To be fair we were not in the room that much anyway.

The restaurant and bar were great and food at Breakfast and Dinner was superb. We had a mixture of food from the buffet, off the menu and a gala dinner on the wednesday night.

There is a good mix of nationalities staying here, russian, Spanish, French, German, English.

The pool and beach scene were great with lots of areas to put the sunbed. The pool assistant was happy to bring you a bed and place it wherever you wanted. So there really was no need to rise at the crack of dawn to reserve a sunbed. On average we went out to reserve sunbeds at about 10 -10.30 and never had any problems and this was mid August.

We had some treatments in the spa and used the indoor pool. It was bliss, so so relaxing. Then we spent the afternoon in the spa garden, which was lovely and peaceful.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel, so much so, I'm going to book another long weekend here with my husband sometime.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Coggsy_11
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Coggsy_11,

Many thanks for writing such a detailed review about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you met your expectations with us.

I would like to apologise if you did not like to have a room with a connecting door, for next time, do not hesitate to contact to our reception staff and they will do their best to try to accomodate you in other room.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Best regards,

E-commerce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
County Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Spent two weeks at hotel. The reception area was very large and welcoming which was very well air-conditioned. The staff from the cleaners to the manager were friendly and always had a salute or a smile. Rooms were basic but met our needs, comfortable beds (twins pushed together) had a/c and excellent shower. Our room was facing a road but there was no noise at night time. Mini bar also in room. They were cleaned every day and fresh towels and shampoo/conditioner provided. Breakfast room again was very large with buffet style with cold meats/cheese/fruit/eggs/rashers/beans/pancakes/breads/buns/juices, plenty to choose from. The sun lounge/pool area was beautiful, surrounded by grass/palm trees. They were two types of sun loungers, the regular blue plastic ones and there was cream soft ones with cushions. You need to get up 7am-8am to get 'the luxury' ones. Towels were provided at the pool each day by handing in a card that you receive when you check in, when you return the towel end of day you get card back in order to hand in again next day. There is a private beach connected to the hotel also. Did not eat meals at hotel at night time. Entertainment was adequate if you wanted to just have a few drinks and a chat. Spa area very nice, 3 types of steam rooms, sauna, fitness room, swimming pool, massages also. There is a back door to go out, you need to climb about 20 steps, turn left and then climb a bit of a hill and you will be at restaurants/bars within 10 mins. The town is really nice with beautiful restaurants. I will def return to the hotel.

1 Thank MSR186605
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear MSR186605,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis during your holidays in Mallorca.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our friendly staff.
I will be delighted to share your nice comments with the team, who I am sure will be most happy.

We very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

With kind regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

stayed 31t july for 1 week...nice hotel but not very friendly staff!...food very good though not nice femal chef!...had to change room as not what was request..very unhelpful receptionist..not writing anymore as my comments are not being put through?!..rena

Room Tip: ask for refurbished room!...(though lots of children run up and down corridors late at night!) no ma...
2 Thank rena m
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear rena m,

Many thanks for writing your opinion about us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to know that you liked our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

It saddens me to read that you are not completely satisfied with some of our reception staff although usually we get great feedbacks about them, however, I take note and I will investigate about this issue.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,

Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Booked the Son Caliu as a short break for my partner & I, to celebrate our engagement (without the children).

From the moment we arrived the staff couldn’t be any more friendlier - especially Natalia on reception. They upgraded our room to a superior suite at no extra cost.

Didn't get to use the Spa, but did have a wander in there, looked clean & realaxing in there.

The hotel was clean, with a well stocked minibar, at reasonable prices. The pool area didn’t get too busy either - lots of lovely gardens to take shade in if it got too warm. Beach area was reasonable size & plenty of sun beds to go around.

Terrace Bar staff very friendly....we stayed B&B, the breakfast selection was vast & nothing was too much trouble.

All in all a very pleasant stay. We will definitely be back - maybe this time with our 18 month old as although not a lot for children to do at the hotel but lots to do in walking distance.

1 Thank MissDB
Dear MissDB,

Thank you very much for writing about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your liking. I will be most happy to pass your comments on to Natalia at reception.

We hope to welcoming you back at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis in your next visit to Mallorca.

Best regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Previous reviewer wrote what a gem we totally agree and more. My husband booked us in as a surprise 60th birthday present we stayed in one of the superior rooms and was not disappointed slippers and bathrobes were included. The hotel itself was first class lovely reception area and public areas. The staff couldn't do enough for you in the restaurant, bar areas and even when we arrived our bags were taken to our room. The food even though there wasn't a large selection was lovely waiter service for the main course was extra special. As it was my birthday when we arrived when we had been down for dinner and a few drinks we arrived back in our room to find a bottle of bubbly and a card from the hotel management it was lovely. My only criticism is that we only stayed 3 days would have loved more will definitely return next year thank you.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 471paulinef471
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear 471paulinef471,

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your opinion and for your lovely comments about our staff. Is a pleasure for us to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis. We would be very glad to welcome you again in our hotel and will be a pleasure for us to offer you a competitive rate for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

After nearly 6 weeks of travel and coming straight from a youth hostel I was very excited to experience a hotel with my own room and bathroom-therefore I did not have high expectations to begin with. Upon arrival the staff were not overly helpful and could not locate my booking. With regards to the room itself, the air conditioning did not work and neither did the fridge, TV and occasionally shower (which I didn't mind so much). What I did mind was the pool of dried blood on the pillow from the previous guest and the rather large cockroaches that would appear frequently on the walls and floor. One of which I was able to trap under a glass. I made multiple complaints to both house keeping and the front desk and was reassured that the manager would be in touch, which they never were. I have since provided feedback to the hotel and the only response I have heard was an automated reply to rate them on Trip Advisor. On a more positive note, I did find that the hotel was beautifully situated on a small beach so you have both pool and beach access, however based on my experience,I would not recommend Son Caliu Hotel to other travelers.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Rachel B
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Rachel B,

Many thanks for writing your opinion on Tripadvisor and sincerest apologies for what seems to have been an accummulation of mistakes and missed opportunities during your stay with us.

I have taken a good note of everything and don't hesitate that I will let it know to the management.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel which lives up to its 4 star rating. Restaurant was lovely, plenty of chill out areas which are also very quiet. Swimming pool and area around it is on the small side however there is a large area around the back of the hotel with access to the indoor pool. The spa is excellent and the hotel was very clean. The rooms are a bit dated and they advertise WIFI in rooms which is not the case!

• Stayed July 2013
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Hurr1cane,

Many thanks for your kind comments. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay at our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

I would like to apologise for the problems you had with WIFI connection, we were making some changes with our internet system but now is already fixed.

Once again, thank you for trusting us and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kindest regards,