“Good and bad points”

La Cucaracha-Tex Mex-BBQ-Grill
Ranked #45 of 148 Restaurants in Palmanova
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are not a fast food restaurant we cook fresh food the fastest we can. We Love Cooking. established since 1993 .same owners
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were a table of seven and a table of two girls who were seated after us were served more quickly - ok, so we had ordered a round of cocktails to start and there is only a few staff so I appreciate they take time to prepare, but we'd also ordered water and that wasn't brought out until the same time as the cocktails, so we were waiting for a drink for about 15 minutes, which wasn't a great first impression. We were sat outside in front of the grill and had to ask to have the table moved as it was so smoky when the food was cooking.

Starters were of a decent standard and the girls who had fajitas for mains really enjoyed them. Chargrilled stuff tasted a little burnt and gritty, just a bit too charred for my liking. Guacamole was fab, homemade and nice and chunky. Free round of tequilas was a nice touch at the end of the meal - maybe with some different food choices and a seat not so close to the grill it would have been a better overall experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I come to Palma Nova every year and La Cucaracha is somewhere that I always eat at least several times during my holiday. I always have the same, Texas wings to start and a beef burrito for main and they are utterly delicious. I've also tried most things on the menu and nothing has ever disappointed me, the fajitas are particularly lovely as is the brand new BBQ grill and the giant prawns.

Genuinely confused by the negative reviews, I've never had anything but a fantastic meal here and have never experienced any problems with the service, in fact David, the friendliest waiter in Mallorca, is particularly attentive. If you like Mexican food then you must pay it a visit. I have never found it more expensive than the other restaurants in Palma Nova (which I frequently eat in as well) and ive never had an issue with portion sizes - I always leave full and satisfied.

Oh and they make the best mojitos in Mallorca!! See you next summer!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have eaten in this restaurant on many occasions during previous visits to Palma Nova and have never been disappointed. Our latest visit was 2 weeks ago, I can certainly recommend the chicken chimichanga washed down with a jug of sangria, delicious!

1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were staying in Magaluf and this restaurant is in Palma Nova (about an hours walk) and upon arrival we had to wait a long time to get seated but from there on the food and service were both top notch. Go for the chicken borritos and you'll love it.

1  Thank Emma G
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Me and my 2 friends went here every night on our long weekend break. David who worked behind the bar made the most amazing Mojito's ever and Sebastain was the waiter. We met the owner on the second night and him and all of his staff were amazing friendly...so much so as soon as they saw us they started making the drinks without us asking. We also ate here and the food was delicious; probably not the cheapest place on the strip but you get what you pay for and I would certainly recommend it. If you love cocktails then this is the place to go. The food menu was also really extensive with decent size portions.

1  Thank RobbieWilliamsfan