“Tourists beware”

Ranked #107 of 148 Restaurants in Palmanova
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I keep an apt in Mallorca very near to this area. From time to time I have, against my better judgement, eaten at this pub. To call it more than a pub is unfair to serious restaurants. The locals know this spot, and generally avoid it. I have a very hard time believing the the odd positive review of this spot isn't a put up by the owners or their friends. The last meal I had there, and I mean the last one finally, was served by a surly and inept waiter, after an interminable wait, and turned out to be room temperature at best. Neither my plate or my friend's dish were exceptional in any way. This place lives on the tourist trade and that of a group of Londoners whose loud, rude behaviour only adds to the annoyance of the slow service and high prices. Flanigans is a bit better sometimes but also suffers from bad service, mediocre food and high prices.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal in the evening. The portions are huge - far too much for myself and teenage daughter on a hot summer evening, OK for my husband. I could probably do it justice on a cold out-of-season evening! Fairly expensive but no worse than many other restaurants in this area - it's a lovely location and great to watch the world go by and admire the yachts in the harbour. Service was good - the staff were clearly madly busy but were cheery and helpful. Although we didn't try it, they offer a super breakfast menu which was recommended by others staying in the area,

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had one evening meal here food was good service not so good they were rushed of their feet waited a while for drinks too

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Too hyped up. Its basically a upmarket cafe. However, the food was ok. Portions are large. Service very friendly and a fab location.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked a table and enjoyed a view looking out from the 1st floor over the Marina, which was very good for people watching.....
The service was excellent with plenty of staff on hand although to be fair it wasn't overly busy as we had booked a table for 8.30pm.
We both enjoyed the fayre although both starters were perhaps over generous although then again they were not cheap. We had salmon along with the welly burger and neither of us had any complaints.
Would visit again although the welly name results in the prices carrying a small premium when compared with some of the competition.