ME Mallorca by Melia(Magaluf)
$184
$169
$163
$129
  • Pool
Sol Wave House Hotel(Magaluf)
1,195 results
All reviewssnack barbar staffgolfing holidayentertainment teamonion ringsnext yearpool areasingle roomtoastiesplenty of sunbedspastamin walkfriendly hotelevening entertainmentnuggetscleaned every dayenjoyable holiday
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Myself and my cousin (18 and 21) stayed in HSM Atlantic Park in July 2012, and we loved our stay.. The vast majority of staff were always helpful and happy though it is true that sometimes the bar staff would be a bit miserable but that can be understood at times.. Our rooms were cleaned every single day by a maid, beds made, fresh towels, toilet roll etc.. Ice creams and treats were not included within the all inclusive however this did not bother us.. If you miss breakfast or lunch there is a pool bar open for certain hours within the early afternoon (nuggets, burger and chips etc).. I will say that the food was for most days the same but it always has been for me at every all inclusive holiday, though the food still tasted nice.. The hotel is perfect for most people, there were a few families there but not many as it is Magaluf... Obviously it depends like all hotels what guests are there at the same time as you and where their room is from yours.. The hotel is close enough to the strip (10 mins walk through BCM square,) yet the hotel is situated away from the noise and mess which made it lovely to relax during the day and a peaceful few hours sleep that we got (due to our own behaviour.) Myself and my cousin are donuts and did not ever put the aircon on and we did pay a tiny 10 euros for a safety deposit box which was worth it. The hotel is lovely, it is not strict merely upholds itself, everyone must be dressed including shoes to enter the dinning room, which I think is right.. The entire hotel was immaculate and gleaming.. Any rooms that were in a bad way was due to certain guests treating it that way.. The hotel plays low music around the pool some days, and most days there are fun activities for all ages within the pool area, for example water polo where 10 of us between the ages of 18 and 24 were involved with two small children.. The only thing was a few of our friends stayed in a different hotel and the hotel discovered we had our friends around the poolside/our rooms and were not impressed, other than that I enjoyed my stay throughly, and gave my week maid a 10 euro tip.. We had to check out by Mid-Day and our flight was at Midnight however, we were allowed to keep our suitcases in the luggage room and were able to shower etc.. Again it just depends on who stays there when you do... Lovely hotel and staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice comments. We are glad to know, that you had a lovely stay and that our staff treated you in a nice way. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Booked this hotel as a cheap short break for me and my friend for my birthday. Ok so all we really wanted was a few days of sunshine and we certainly got that. Yes we realised magaluf was a destination for partying, but having been to Ibiza in the past thought we could cope. The rooms are ok, beds comfortable and we had a high up room overlooking the pool. We went for the all inclusive option, as we planned on spending most of the time by the pool with a few drinks. The food at the hotel was pretty awful, the breakfasts were ok but lunch and dinner a real disappointment. The so called pizza was absolutley gross, soggy with horrible toppings. The sauces for the pasta tasted like tinned tomato soup, occasionaly with some form of meat in! The salad was ok and i mainly had bread! To my disappointment there was no spanish food at all, nothing local and completely catering for the package holiday drunken brit. The bar also served snacks of burgers which again were awful, however the hungover "stags & hens" seemed to enjoy!
Cocktails were included, if you can call them that, they came out of a machine and were all disgusting. I drank slush puppies with rum as this was the only drink i had which was ok.The sangria was also gross and came out of a tap. The quality of the food caused us to go and eat elsewhere, i must admit everywhere we tried, the food was poor and i certainly would not reccomend magaluf to anyone with any dignity.
However the only thing that made our holiday was the entertainment team, im not usually a fan of watching the entertainment on holiday but they were hiliarious, they worked so hard to get people involved and it was quite amusing watching them get various stags to do stupid things.

All in all, i can safely say i wont be returning to magaluf or the hsm hotel again!

Room Tip: on the pool side have a better view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank caramelmillie
4409, Director de Relaciones Públicas at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry that our hotel was not like you have expected. We also apologize, if the quality of the food was not exactly your taste. Our restaurant offers a buffet style selection of cold and hot dishes, wide variety of homemade desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers dishes prepared instantly in show cooking and thematic buffets. We will forward your comments to our department of quality to emprove our service.

Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited this hotel to allow us to sample the best and worst that Magalluf has to offer and get the mad partying out of our system because the hangovers are getting too long at our age!!!
It is the perfect location, staggering distance from the strip but not so close that the young team want to stay there so us oldies can suffer our hangovers in relative peace!
The rooms are adequate for the amount of time you want to spend in them. Clean but with dated decor and a fridge free of charge. Not the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in but it may just be a personal thing.
The large buffet restaurant is fine, a large selection of varying international options and a fantastic salad bar, something for everyone and there's always chips!!!!! Self service beer and wine taps as well as carbonated drinks.
The pool area is clean and welcoming and the animation team are always present and do a fabulous job of providing entertainment without shoving it in your face.
The pool bar is open after breakfast until late at night with a large selection of options served, sometimes with a smile.....but not always! The snack bar is open at various intervals throughout the day and the chef is very friendly.
The free wi-fi in the lobby was useful for me and was efficient.
Very happy with the hotel for the price that we paid for all inclusive and the fabulous location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4409, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent a nice time in our hotel and would be happy to welcome you back in one of our 19 HSM Saint Michel hotels in Mallorca.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was mine and my girlfriends first holiday together and i have to say, the hotel was second to none but as for magaluf itself, as much as we enjoyed it we both agreed it was more a singles or a stag/hen type of holiday than for couples.

The hotel is situated at the end of the strip so although we were just a stones throw from all the main clubs and bars, it wasnt as noisy as some of the hotels we seen mid strip (which we found brilliant when nursing a sore head!)

Our room was well above standard, very comfortable, spotlessly clean, spacious, the french doors to our balcony overlooking the pool were sound proof and the air conditioning was a god send. We also had a digital lock safe in our room (which was free to use) a tv and a tidy sized fridge.

The food and drink were what you expect from all inclusive but not quite to a 4 star standard i thought, there was a good selection on offer at meal times but it didnt vary much from day to day and by the end of our holiday we were a bit fed up with the lack of option. The drinks included in the price were quite cheap and nasty, there were premium drinks available if you were willing to pay though but who wants to pay when you are all inclusive right? The snack bar was available between meal times which served burgers, chips, pizza etc but everything was fried and very greasy.

The pool was brilliant, big enough for everybody to use with a big selection of sun loungers available.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the evenings entertainment was good enough to have a few drinks before heading off to the centre.

The hotel is situated right across the street from the pirate show which is handy as this is a MUST see if you ever do go.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freddyhayz
4409, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments and the photopgrphs you punt online. We are glad to know that you have spent a nice time in our hotel and would be happy to welcome you back at HSM Atlantic Park or in one of our 19 HSM Saint Michel hotels in Mallorca.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at 4 star hotels before and they have been better than this, perhaps I have been spoilt by Barcelo! The room was OK. The pool is small, it was adequate when I was there at the beginning of October but I imagine when the hotel's heaving in the summer it would not be sufficient. The reception staff varied in their level of service - when I arrived I was not given any information, you had to find it out yourself or ask, nothing was offered. The food was nothing special, the most disappointing was the fact that nothing was cooked fresh in front of you and even at breakfast you couldn't get omelettes (maybe you could but it wasnt obvious, no chefs ever on show). The cocktails included in the all inclusive package are disgusting and not real cocktails - they come out of a machine! You had to pay extra if you wanted a cocktail made properly by the barman, which I think is unacceptable personally! The sofas in the hotel reception/bar etc were a horrible putrid sickly yellow colour and had obviously seen better days, they are fabric and stained all over. The management would do well to note that if they were replaced with some nice leather sofas the place would instantly look much more classy at least. The evening entertainment was tacky compared to what I have experienced at the Barcelo, for example (which is world class). There was a drag act which was amusing but I doubt would be everyone's cup of tea and possibly not for families with children. The night I arrived there was a group of people doing Zumba on the stage - I'm afraid watching people do an exercise class is not my idea of entertainment! The hotel is opposite the Pirates show so handy if you want to go to that (I didn't go this time but went about 20 years ago and I enjoyed it). It was a short walk to the beach and at least far enough away from the main nightlife to be quiet at night. I would sum up by saying that it was OK if it was a 3 star but disappointing as a 4 star and I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guests,

Our restaurant offers a buffet style selection of cold and hot dishes, wide variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers dishes prepared instantly in show cooking and thematic buffets.

We will forward your comments to our department of quality to emprove our service and would be happy to welcome you back in one of our 19 HSM Saint Michel hotels in Mallorca..