“McGuigan Northern Ireland Really great holiday”
Review of HSM Atlantic Park

HSM Atlantic Park
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“McGuigan Northern Ireland Really great holiday”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have just returned form a weeks holidays this has been approx our 8th time at the same hotel and I would hightly recommend this to any person. The staff are more than friendly and helpful every time the rooms are spacious and very clean we shall definately be back again next year for our 2 weeks break.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4409, Public Relations Manager at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent once more a nice time in our hotel. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

HSM Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
ESSEX
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have just returned from HSM Atlantic Park Hotel today and can honestly say that it was a really great holiday. I booked on Saturday at 3pm and was on a 7am flight the following day. I had no idea what to expect but thought Magaluf was going to be noisy, dirty and full of drunks. Maybe this is the case outside the hotel, but I found everyone at the hotel friendly, courteous and more than happy to help. I travelled with my 10 year old son, so really wanted to make sure he had a good holiday. The entertainment staff work tirelessly from 1030am each day. My son couldn't wait for the competitions to start. There was aqua zumba, darts, table tennis, crazy games, water polo, football, basketball, pool, pistol shooting and many more. Apart from a break at lunchtime there was something going on all day until about 6pm. Then they start again for the evening entertainment until 1130pm. It was absolutely fantastic and made the holiday. Ricardo, Eulises, Idelf and Alex deserve much praise. They are a credit to the hotel, and if it wasn't for them I am absolutely sure our holiday wouldn't have been as good as it was. So i find it difficult to understand some of the comments I have read which are negative. Fully appreciate that everyone has an individual time and we all have different likes, but to be fair if you couldn't find something that you liked to eat in the choices that were avaialble then I would think that you must be an incredibly fussy eater. Lunch was from 1230 until 1430hrs and dinner from 1830 until 2130hrs. No matter if you went for lunch at 1400hrs or dinner at 2100hrs (and we did on a few occasions), there was still fresh food being cooked on the gril and brought out. There is even champagne (well more sparkling wine) on ice if you fancy a glass with your breakfast. The fruit selection is quite simply marvellous. There is a huge amount to choose from at all meal times. If you didn't manage to get something you fancied during dinner then the snack bar was open from 2130-2230hrs and served a range of snacks from burgers to nuggets to toasted sandwiches. All of these are cooked to order so everything is fresh. The rooms are cleaned daily and they are cleaned to a very good standard. We had fresh towels every single day. The pool is well kept and very clean. This hotel isn't necessarily for young people. I am a mother of a 10 year old. During the week we were at the hotel there were two separate groups of ladies from England celebrating 50th birthdays, and many other couples who were well into their 40's. There were younger people also, but its the mix of people at the hotel that makes it such a good choice. My Son and I definitely want to go back there next year, although next time it will be for more than a week and we'll be bringing some friends with us. Well done to everyone at the hotel for making our holiday so good, but special thanks to the entertainment team and in particular Ricardo who really is a splendid, friendly, polite young man.

Room Tip: No need to bring beach towels. For Euro 10 deposit (refundable) you can get a towel from reception.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SullivanEssex
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent a greate time in our hotel. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel in Magaluf. We were supposed to be staying at the HSM Don Juan which is next door to this hotel, who on arrival told us there was a problem with our room and that we had to stay here! We didnt no what to expect, and we were very pleasantly suprised. The staff were more than helpful and very friendly. We were shown to our room straight away which was on the very top floor directly over looking the pool area. The room was spacious and very clean, and was cleaned with fresh towels everyday. We were half board, but never had breakfast as we were partied our on magaluf strip and found breakfast too early. However, we had dinner every night, i must say food is a little repetative but very eadible and there is something for everyone. Just over the road from this hotel is the Pirates experience (show) which i highly recommend its is brilliant. We had a very enjoyable stay even tho our original hotel put us here and we probably all in all have a better all round experience . Deffo be returning

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4409, Director de Relaciones Públicas at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent a nice time in our hotel. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

London
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just returned from ten nights at the HSM Atantic Park and as we booked really late, anything would have done and Mallorca was one of the few places with reasonably priced flights (we flew via Madrid) and as I speak Spanish anyway we decided to bite the bullet and book. I have to say that I was not expecting a great deal from Magalluf and this was just a late getaway. However, we have just returned having had a fabulous and relaxing holiday at this hotel and we can't wait to book for next year.
The food in the hotel was excellent and more choice than some top end five star hotels we've stayed at in Turkey and Cyprus. We were all inclusive and although the food can be repetitive on any all inclusive, you really have to be a fussy eater not to find something to your taste at this hotel.Any reviewers who dismiss the choice of food on here for this hotel really has a serious problem and I challenge them to inform others on what they do actually eat at home.There is just no please in some people and I am convinced they set out on holiday with a face on ready to complain. There were at least 4 types of meat and fish at both lunch and dinner with a vast selection of cold cuts/salads, pastas etc. I also enjoyed the self service drinks in the dining room rather than table service which we've had on previous holidays. It must be said that I found the dining room quite relaxed and not "canteen style" like some places we've stayed, so that was a plus point.
We loved the fact that sunbeds were not reserved and that we always found vacant ones, even from going down at midday. The animation team were great and not in your face and demanding like some resorts and just left you to relax if that's what you wanted. For Magalluf, we found this hotel one of the relaxing and chilled ones we've ever stayed at, which is exactly what we wanted.
The guests were well mannered and we had no problem sleeping, even though we did have a couple of late nights ourselves down the strip; we were on holiday after all! Guests were considerate and polite and none of this rude and brash pushing that we've experienced in other resorts at meal times and at the bar. Though this is probably due to the fact that a majority of the guests at this hotel were Spanish, who are a warm, well mannered and welcoming nation in my opinion. The bar staff are lovely and I must say that they work very long hours yet always had a cheery disposition. The same can also be said about the waiting staff in the dining hall, what a pleasant and friendly team they all are.
Our guest room was adequate, a bit on the small side maybe, but you don't go on a beach holiday to sit in your room. It was clean, bright and towels changed daily. And my word the showers in this hotel are the best I have ever used! Talk about good water pressure!
Although there is no gym at this hotel, my partner found one about a 10 minute walk away past the Mallorca Rocks apartments on the road to the left which was well equipped and worked out at 3 euros a day for the 10 days.
The beach is about a 10 minute stroll away but we spent most days relaxing by the pool as the beach was a bit crowded.The strip if you're in to night life was also about a 10 minute walk away too, we had a couple of (late!) nights there, but getting a bit old for that sort of thing. However, there were plenty of bars and restaurants along the beach too, so you're not limited.
If I had one gripe and this is going to sound a bit picky, but it would have been nice to have fresh filter coffee at breakfast. They do serve it at the bar, but this only opens at 10am. That might sound picky but I really dislike Nescafe and like to have my morning caffeine fix! However, this is a personal taste.
All in all, we had a fantastic time and we're already looking forward to returning next year for two weeks. Muchas gracias a todos los trabajadores al HSM Atlantic Park :)

3 Thank londongizzmo
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are happy to know that you have spent a nice time in our hotel. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I must start this review by saying that I stayed in this hotel 2 years ago and chose to go back. Yet again I wasn't disappointed as again my Wife and I had a fabulous relaxing holiday. The rooms are very good with really comfy beds,air conditioning(free), a spacious bathroom with power shower and balcony overlooking the pool and surrounding countryside. One complaint and this goes for the vast majority of hotels I have stayed in, why do they assume English speaking people only watch the news. 2 channels in English, Sky and BBC news. Every other language had decent programmes to watch, shame I don't speak German, French, Spanish or Russian. The resteurant served really good food with plenty of choice from full English breakfast to at least 6 different main choices at lunch and dinner. I went AI so could serve my own drinks from beer, wine, fruit juices, coffee etc. I know food can be a personal thing for people but I think you will have to be incredibly fussy not to find anything decent to eat.
The pool is great, one of the cleanest I have used and there always seemed to be sunbeds available including on the weekend when the hotel got very busy.
The bar rarely got busy and is open until midnight. One good thing is as soon as the bar closes you have to go inside, thereby ensuring people are not talking outside.Drinks are served in plastic glasses in the daytime but mealtimes and after 7 are served in glasses.
Finally I have to mention the Entertainment team who work from 10.30 AM to 11.30 PM. They do a fantastic job providing different activities in the daytime, from aqua aerobics to water polo and silly games, all done without being in your face. The evening entertainmnt can get a bit cheesy but is always entertaining.
For my Wife and I this is a fabulous hotel to have a relaxing holiday and if that is what you are looking for you should give this hotel a go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and if you want to have a view of the countryside ask to be on t...
2 Thank DAFYDD_11
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent a nice and relaxing time in our hotel. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Having just returned from the Atlantic park and after reading many poor reviews i was a little apprehensive to say the least !! We arrived and the staff were welcoming and friendly, our room was lovely, was kept very clean and provided clean towels if you requested them most days. The food is typical all inclusive, iam a fussy eater and found it acceptable, we chose to eat out a few days to avoid the repetiveness and it is so cheap in magaluf to eat out, try tom browns for basic stuff or the boatyard or crusoes on the beach for an nice meal . yes it is true there are not many umbrellas and the ones that are are taken rather early !! even though the pool area does not open till 9.30 which avoids towels being put on early, but easily solved we bought a parasol for 795 euros as plenty of bases. The entertainment team tried their best, they had silly games during the day for all to join in as with water polo etc, bingo was shocking at night but mr atlantic was hilarious with the floppy rag doll dancer ( a must)
will definately return

Room Tip: corner rooms to avoid people walking past your room
3 Thank paula b
4409, Customer Service at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent a nice time in our hotel and that you liked our good service. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 30, 2012

First, this hotel and the area is most suited for young people, 16 to 25. If you want relaxation and want to get a good sleep in the night go to another place, preferably not in an area near Palma. Check advice from your booking agency.
This is definitely not a 4 star hotel, it's at most a 3 star. The only advantage or disadvantage is that it's more expensive and you don't find as many party english people like in the 3 star hotels in the area, so you can get some sleep in the night.
It is not very close to the beach (8-10 minutes), but this means a more quiet area.
There were no sheets and towels change the whole week, your room gets cleaned from time to time but not every day.
There's no carpet on the floor.
Beds are like in a prison, no joking.
AC is ok.
Half-board food was also good, you have to pay even for water at dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank adex08
4409, Customer Service at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that our hotel was not like you have expected. The clientele of this hotel varies seasonally, indeed it is true that beyond vacation time, the HSM Atlantic Park welcomes mainly Spanish pensioners. However in summer it is a younger clientele who just enjoy the lively Magaluf.

HSM Customer Service

Travelers are raving about these Magaluf hotels