In June last 2008, myself and 3 friends went to magalluf for a week of fun and our first girl holiday. On arrival, it was all very quick, you had to pay an 80 euro deposit, however we got this back as we hadn't broken anything. The staff were very friendly, and nearly all of them spoke very good English.
Despite reading reviews about the state of the hotel, it had recently been revamped and was very modern.
In the bedroom there was adequate space with plenty of storage. the two sofas in the lounge turned into beds (which also had drawers for storage.The apartment was surprisingly clean, apart from there were a few ants, but what can you expect from such hot weather? There were a lot of items in the kitchen making it easy to cook for yourself, although you only have an electric hob. However, make sure you take a dish cloth of two and a tea towel as you may have to dry up using a bath towel like we did.
If you don't want to cook, then there is a bar that has a good selection of foods that are reasonably priced and also taste very good.
The bathroom was very clean on arrival, and our towels were changed every 2-3 days of what i can remember, the maids were also very good as they did not wake you in the morning whilst cleaning. We had a blocked shower and within an hour a man was up at our room fixing it.
The pool was lovely, it was very clean and you could have friendly chit-chat with other UK tourists, only disadvantage was that you would have to wake up early to get a sun lounger, however the beach was literally a 4-5 minute walk down the road. There was also a small gym, well-equipped but probably hardly used. Only disadvantage of the pool was it closed at 8pm and if went in it after this then you would face a charge.
If you get bored of lounging around the pool then activities like hiring a pedalo costs only 7 euros for an hour of laughs! Plus there are lots of other activities available at the beach.
The location of sotavento couldn't be any closer to the main strip and this meant that all of the clubs and bars were within walking distance (no need to pay for taxis.)
Sotavento also has a shop where you can buy most of your foods and because its right on the premises its so useful.
The hotel also had four computers that you could pay a euro for 12 minutes, very useful if you want to write a quick email home.
However, the apartments were situated on top of a hill (be careful if you are wearing high shoes or flip flops.)
This hotel is definitely for the younger generation or those looking for a partying holiday. the hotel is mostly aimed at 18-30's and i dont recall seeing one family there.
So, if you are looking for an apartment that is clean, well-air conditioned and close to the fun then visit sotavento!
I hope this review will prove to be helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sotavento Apartments is in the perfect location to take advantage of everything Magaluf has to offer. Its minimalist style, modern facilities and tasteful Hed-Kandi esque decor help to create a special atmosphere to chill out and relax.These stylish, elegant and up market apartments are situated at the top of the hill, just minutes from the beach, and Magaluf’s famous “Strip” which has numerous bars, restaurants and nightclubs and all just a few minutes’ walk from the apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sotavento Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sotavento Apartments Hotel Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Hotel Magalluf
- Sotavento Apartments Magaluf, Majorca