Sotavento Apartments
$99
  • Restaurant
ME Mallorca by Melia(Magaluf)
$145
HM Martinique(Magaluf)
$48
$46
  • Restaurant
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort(Magaluf)
$70
$66
Hotel Samos(Magaluf)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Pool
Sol Guadalupe by Melia(Magaluf)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Agoda.com
$94
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sol Wave House Hotel(Magaluf)
$112
TripAdvisor
BH Mallorca(Magaluf)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbunk bedsnext yearsteep hillhen weekendpoolside djreception managerpool partiesgreat atmospherelong weekendwouldn't stay anywhere elsepool areagreat laugheuro depositthe security guardafter midnightfantastic stayfab hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

just got back from this amazing experiance? because thats what the sotovento is,an experiance.
heads are still sore from all the partying both at the hotel pool and magaluf in general.
myself and zita would like to say a big thank you all the staff we met there as they made the stay that much more enjoyable. the pool dj,s were fantastic as were the bar staff. the food was lovely and with nice size portions,could,nt fault it. also a really big thank you to Enrique Martinez for helping us with a little problem with our air con,thanks Enrique,we reported a problem and you sorted it out immediately,a big thank you,all in all i have travelled all over the world and stayed in every type of hotel imaginable,but the sotovento is right up there amongst the very best,we will come back a little earlier next year and cant wait to see you all again,tommy and zita

Room Tip: if you like to party,book a room overlooking the pool,you wont be dissapointed,haha
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tommy s
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us at Sotavento.

I am so pleased that you had such a fantastic time with us and I can tell from the review that you really did notice the "Sotavento difference"

We do try to be very different from all other properties in Magaluf and will continue to make improvements to our product to ensure we stay ahead of the competition.

I have passed you comments onto all of the team, including Enrique as it is always good to know when you are doing a good job - thank you for this feedback.

We do hope to see you back at Sotavento some time soon, if you do come back please contact me directly and I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a place 5 nights in this great complex
arrived party pack in fridge
room immaculate as usual 3rd year staying here and each year is better
Shout out for Lewis great barmen he chatted and kept us entertained most afternoons making great woo hoos he knows who we are
see you next year sotavento

Room Tip: pool room a must
1  Thank Richard A

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Sotavento, very much appreciated particularly as it is your 3rd visit!

I am so pleased that you continue to be impressed by the hotel and its team and look forward to seeing you back here next summer.

When you do want to come back please do not hesitate to contact me directly and as a regular guest I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for the review (I have passed your comments onto Lewis also!).

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I chose the Sotavento Apartments as the reviews couldn't have been better! I wasn't disappointed. On arrival we paid the €80 deposit against damages. It was refunded without question at the end of our 4 night stay. We had a large apartment overlooking the pool which was great. The staff are all very friendly, everywhere is spotlessly clean. Lovely pool area with plenty of sunbeds. Live dj every day. Friendly bar staff.. I was a little concerned my partner and I may have been older than most guests, being `young` early 40`s! But there was no issue there. Guests were a mixture of young and slightly older! Lol. Food at Sotavento was of a good standard. No complaints there. Yes, there is a hill to climb up to the hotel from the beach and main resort, but it's not a huge problem. It means the hotel is away from the noise of the strip, so peaceful sleep can be enjoyed! I'd recommend Sotavento and would return without question. Happy Days :-)

• Stayed: September 2013

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your views of Sotavento with other potential travellers we are really pleased that you had such a fantastic stay with us.

In April, May and September their are guests of all ages at Sotavento and really does lead to a great atmosphere and I am pleased that you felt very comfortable at the hotel.

I have passed on your comments to all our bar and restaurant team as its always good to know when you are doing a good job.

Our location is at the top of the hill, however like you point out it is actually a great location as so close to the beach and the nightlife of the "strip" yet far enough away as to not get any noise.

Thanks once again for taking the time leave a review and we do hope that you will come back to see us soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was out second time at Sotavento and we were not disappointed. Apaertment was lovely and clean. But the best bits of staying here are the poolside music, staff, poolside food and atmosphere. We are laides of 42- 47 but didnt feel out of place here, the age range is fab. Very close to the strip and had some lovely local meals, a chinee just by the aprtments, portofinos and one which was a ten min walk by the beach.
Weather was fab but thanks to David, Peter, and all the staff for their hard work.
See you next year !

1  Thank Lesley H

Hi Lesley,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at Sotavento, we really do appreciate the feedback!

I am pleased that during your second stay lived up to your expectations and you and the grils had a another fantastic time with us.

In April, May & September our age range is very mixed and it is a great atmosphere having people of all ages staying at the hotel.

I have passed on your comments to all the team as its always good to get positive feedback for a job well done!

I hope we get to see you and the girls back with us next summer - you should make it an annual event!

When you do want to come back, please get in touch and I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great hotel for groups of lads/lasses, modern, great music, clean, everything you could hope for in all fairness. If you're after somewhere where you can take people back to ie. birds then this isn't the place for you, security don't let anyone in without the wristband on. What makes it more annoying is that i did email before hand to check & they said yes?! Lets face it taking folk back to your room for a bit of 'hows-your-father' is part of the Magaluf experience? I found it very strange. Also we found ourselves hunting down the cleaners on two occasions for toilet roll! There was only 1 in there to begin with. Other than that, i'd highly recommend it, and just go out in hope you'll pull someone who's staying at the same hotel & you don't get the [--].

Food was also great & the beer/spirits are reasonably priced compared to the bars down the hill. Dj's a laugh as well.

1  Thank Gilly640

Hi Gilly,

Thank you for the review of your stay at Sotavento I am pleased that overall you had a great stay with us.

I am sorry that you had problems bringing someone back to the hotel, we do allow our guests to bring a "friend" back to their room, however we do reserve the right at all times to refuse admission to non guests. This can be for many reasons, too drunk, too much noise, more than 1 person etc. I am sorry that on this occassion you were not allowed to bring a non guest back to your apartment as this is allowed but subject to our agreement.

I am pleased that all other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and do hope that despite the problem that you had gaining access for your friend we will see you at Sotavento again some time soon.