You can see from the other reviews that this hotel is in a great location (the hill really isn't a problem!!!), with good size rooms and more than reasonably priced. The only big issue we had was with the additional charges and the attitude of some of the staff. Being stung with a £80 deposit out of nowhere on arrival is pretty annoying. Some of us hadn't even changed our money at this point - so a bit of advanced warning would be helpful. Having a couple arguing with reception over items apparently missing from their room, and trying to get their deposit back, made us even more hesitant about handing over our cash.
We had a good week though, bar a few run ins with the manager/ security staff over pre drinks noise in our rooms. He was VERY MOODY about this!
Our biggest issue was when we came to check out. I don't know what level of cleanliness the hotel is expecting from customers but washing everything up and putting everything in the bin seems not to be enough. manager was pissed that we hadn't come down to reception to ask for a bin bag to put our rubbish in! we were then stung with a 55 euro charge for a cushion! wherever the cushion is, and if it even exists, i don't know. we certainly didn't nick it! felt like a massive con to skim some extra money off us - and with a plane to catch, you're not going to hang around to argue the toss are you!?
- cleaners don't really clean. our rooms were covered in sand permanently.
- no bowls - just shallow plates.
- beds uncomfy and not enough bedding (we went in april so still quite cold)
on the plus side:
- hotel is clean
- bar staff generally very friendly
- great location
- great price
stayed april 2013
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sotavento Apartments is in the perfect location to take advantage of everything Magaluf has to offer. Its minimalist style, modern facilities and tasteful Hed-Kandi esque decor help to create a special atmosphere to chill out and relax.These stylish, elegant and up market apartments are situated at the top of the hill, just minutes from the beach, and Magaluf’s famous “Strip” which has numerous bars, restaurants and nightclubs and all just a few minutes’ walk from the apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sotavento Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sotavento Apartments Hotel Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Hotel Magalluf
- Sotavento Apartments Magaluf, Majorca