“Sad to leave :(”

Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Magaluf
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Sad to leave :(”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Myself and a friend booked a last minute all-inclusive stay at the Marina Pax from the 10th September to the 17th September. After reading the reviews on here we didn’t know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, the rooms, its staff and the food (I don't understand all the complaints about the food on here - there's so much choice and it was all very tastey). For what we paid we had a brilliant time; the hotel is located right next to the beach, and a short walk away to the strip. The rooms were basic but had all we needed with a great view of the sea. There was a good atmosphere, everyone was having a fun time, and we were sad to leave. I’m not sure if earlier in the season things were different here, but it was easy to get drinks at the bar and we were allowed two drinks each not one. There was a lot of choice and I can say from experience that the spirits weren’t watered down! If you stay here make sure you visit the Baracuda next door; the Marina is 5 star luxury compared to that hotel!! I’d definitely recommend staying at the Marina if you’re looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful in Magaluf – don’t be put off by the other reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room facing the sea as it’s the quietest and has the best views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sophie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

You get what you pay for!!!! 290 quid all inclusive in magaluf, you don't come expecting the ritz!!!!!! Found rooms n pool clean beer an food on tap, you couldn't ask for anything more on a stag do....

2 Thank Granty426
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went to the Marina pax hotel on a stag do from the 13 th to the 15 th it was brilliant lots of friendly people the staff was helpfull but the food was not all that good the rooms were clean and spacious really enjoyed my stay and will be going back . John Briffitt kent

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 12th - 15th sept and must say the place is great value for money. The staff were lovely, especially Mandela who always had a smile on his face. I was shocked when i first saw our room as i just expected a tiny double bedroom but instead the room was huge with 4 single beds in. Only being 2 of us we were happy with the space. The food was ok, i was worried about this when i first booked as i'm a fussy eater but the selection was great. The hotel was in a good spot and within walking distance to local shops, bars and the main strip. The atmosphere in the hotel was brilliant and entertainment was good too! We met a lot of lovely people and I would most definitely recommend this place for young party animals who want somewhere affordable and clean! :)

Enfield, Middx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Here is my daughter's experience of the Marina Pax. Upon arrival we were given a brief welcome to the Hotel. It was immediately evident that the hotel Receptionist did not speak much English. However, once we entered our room, on the 5th floor, we were pleasantly surprised at the sheer size, cleanliest and overall presentation of the room. Being at the end of the corridor was also a bonus, as noise was kept to a minimum (apart from our Scottish neighbours!).

The food has received more than one bad review, complaints of it being basic and repetitive are all but uncommon. We, however, found the hotel offered a variety of freshly cooked food which was constantly refilled and overall was enjoyable. It was anything but a la carte but for the regular party goer, it eased a hangover and was never anything too extravagant! I would though like to mention that during the day the coffee and juice machines were out of use and therefore a walk to the bar was necessary, something that wasn't ideal when you had a hot plate of food waiting to be eaten!

The hotel facilities were generally good, the bars were quick in service and the pool had plenty of sun loungers available. One complaint is that one of the pools, closest to the sea, had been cordoned off and was out of use. It was the largest of the hotel pools so during a busy period it would have been good to make use of it!
The location of the hotel was a 10 minute walk from the popular nightclub, BCM, and perhaps another 5 or 10 minutes away from the main strip. It felt further than it actually was and in hindsight I would have preferred a hotel slightly closer although the noise level would have definitely increased.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was kept clean and tidy by the hotel maids. The doors of the rooms, however, had no double lock or' do not disturb sign' so in the morning a maid would enter the room to clean even if the occupants were not yet awake which, most of the time, we were not! This was an inconvenience as on one of the days our room ended up not being cleaned due to the maid coming at an earlier time and not returning.

Our four night stay was very enjoyable and although we may not return to the Marina Pax, we will certainly be returning to Magaluf itself!!

Room Tip: higher floor away from the lifts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sallyann1
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Yeah this is true. Don't get me wrong, the day time reception staff were brilliant and I could not fault at all. It's also in a brilliant location for party go-ers and close to the beach. The room itself wast good at all. Just about everything was damaged/broken in some way, shape or form. The food was very limited, cold and repetitive.

Now this is the interesting part: me and my brother were meant to stay in this hotel September 11th-15th. We paid about £400 between us, although this was all inclusive. We left our key at reception before we went for a few drinks to get to know the area. After being out for about an hour and 2 or 3 pints later we returned to the hotel. We asked for the key for our room and pancho the receptionist denied ever having the key. He then asked us to pay for a new key which I refused to do as I knew he was takin the pee and I know 100% I gave it to him before we left. We then had a bit of arguing in which he accused me of taking drugs. He also tried to force me outside to he could settle this over a bust up. I refused to go outside (even though they don't have CCTV in the building). We then argued a bit more and then magically the key turned up on the reception desk. I was angry at this. One of the two security guards then got me in a headlock and strangled me for a for around 30 seconds at which this time I blacked out. The 3 of them then tried to manipulate me into thinking I was on drugs (which I have never ever touched in my life) and told me they got me around the waist and not the neck which was not true.

I spoke to the assistant manager in the morning who read out the statement that the receptionist made which was 80% rubbish, But of course she didn't believe me and told me to leave the hotel which left me and my brother in the middle of Magaluf with nowhere to go.

Thankfully my mam sorted us flights home tomorrow and a hotel room for tonight which is a heck of a lot better.

I spoke to my tour operator ad they said they are refunding the full hotel payment which Is the main thing.

Pretty traumatic experience an TOTALLY unacceptable.

A lot of people say ignore bad reviews, do not ignore this one. Spend your money a little more wisely for a better experience.

Have a good holiday!

Andy.

5 Thank tisAndy

Travelers are raving about these Magaluf hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just returned from a week stay at the marina pax with a friend the reviews I read before arriving worried me but once I arrived I wasn't that bad.

The rooms are cleaned daily with new bath towel supplied, most of the staff are friendly however the 1 drink at a time rule was rather annoying as there were a few groups of people coming back from the bag with 3 or 4 drinks at a time for other member of their party. For younger people I understand limiting alcohol as they can become rowdy but it also applied to soft drinks.

We were staying on the 7th floor which is prefect if you want peace a quiet however the lifts are slow and can take a while to get up and down to your room while getting ready if you want drinks as you can only have 1 staff time so a floor lower down would be better for us young ones

We were told our transfer details would be in reception two days before departure and they still wasn't the night before we were due to leave and the only help we got from a receptionist was a taxi number!!

The food was edible however pretty much they same stuff everyday so we ate out a lot on the way home from The strip which is only a 10 minute walk perfect location as not to far away but not close enough that its noisy the beach is literally a 30 second walk across the road from the hotels entrance.

The entertainment was shocking and I would not recommend you sitting to watch it. One night a female member got completely naked which is not something I wished to see especially as their we're older couples staying at the hotel!

All in all I would recommend this hotel if you are in magaluf for a boozy week with friends as it serves its purpose perfectly it has food, drink and a clean pool area perfect for curing your hangovers the staff are,lovely and you get exactly what you pay for.. No it isn't 5* luxury but it isn't the hell hole it's been made out to be either :)

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for quietness and a lower for if you want drinks while getting ready
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Sophie K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaluf
Therergus Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,976 reviews
Sol y Vera Apartments
Sol y Vera Apartments
#15 of 27 in Magaluf

Been to FERGUS Pax? Share your experiences!