“Good holiday”
Review of FERGUS Pax

FERGUS Pax
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here at the end of May and had a fab holiday!! I have stayed at the Marina Barracuda twice and usually when ive stayed there i have used the pool at the Pax as it used to be the quieter hotel when it was ran by first choice! Its now ran by Escapades and full of hen and stag parties which suited us as we were there for a girls drinking holiday!!

The rooms were very basic but very clean so we were happy! loads of space for 2 girls aswell! Only problem was.. where the mirror is in the bedroom there was no plug for straightners etc so had to do this in the bathroom everynight! Also our air con didnt work in the room, infact im sure it blew out hot air thats if it worked at all!! Wasnt overly hot when we were there though so didnt need it most of the time.

The food was good, always something to eat and quite abit of choice, only seen breakfast once but it was lovely! full english aswell as fruit, cereals, toast and pastries. Lunch was just ok, there was always something i could find to eat but not a great choice and lots of random things! evening meal was usually good, the chef was always cooking something infront of you in the restaurant like fajitas or stir frys etc. I will say though i thought the food was better at the Barracuda but unfortunatly you can drink in both hotels but not eat.

The bar was fine, 2 drinks at a time per person but reading some recent reviews it seems they may have changed this in the last month since i was there? the bar at night had a hours entertainment each night like Mr Marina Pax contest that kind of thing, the outside bar was where most people gathered but if you like it really lively you can go down to the barracuda next door and that bar is always bouncing at night! and like i said you can use your all inclusive there aswell!

The staff are all really friendly and the entertainment staff are always about trying to keep you entertained! they do daft games round the pool but never pressure you to get involved. Always music on round the pool which gave it a good atmosphere but if you were hungover theres always a quiet area to sleep it off! We never had a problem getting a sunlouner but i can imagine its a different story in high season!!

Overall its a really good hotel for hens, stags and groups of lads and lasses looking for a party holiday!

Room Tip: we had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the main pool and this also gives a great sea view!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rach T

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I would just like to start by saying that I cannot justify marking this hotel down a single point and I cannot get my head round why anybody would have any complaints!! So please ignore any bad reviews. I have recently come back from an All inclusive week at Marina Pax (26th June -1st July) as a group of two lads on a Party holiday. We were incredibly surprised on how helpful and friendly all of the staff were (expecially the security, after having trouble in other Magaluf hotels on previous years). Everyone greats you with a friendly hello even if you are rolling in at 6 in the morning out of your face. Rooms were very clean and cleaners were friendly! Had no troubles or had heard no problems with theft. We were in room 221 and the view was fantastic, overlooking the pool, beach and the sea. The poolside music was great and there was always some kind of daytime entertainment going on (football, table tennis, shooting) and the evening entertainment was great too! We even got a completely naked female stripper one night! (And of course a male for all of the girls, but we weren't into that hahaha). Food was nice but not too much selection, drinks were all great. Marina Pax was a perfect chill hotel to get you out of the madness of the strip! But they still encouraged you to have a great time! Another bonus was that using the hotel wrist band you also get full access to the next door hotel (Barracuda) where you can use their all inclusive bar and attend their daily boat parties! Many thanks to Marina Pax for making our 3rd year to Magaluf even better than the last! Crazy week.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JordanPlatten
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After just coming home from Marina Pax I cant believe the bad reviews its received! Me and a friend went for a party week and the hotel was perfect with just a 10 minute walk to the strip. All the hotel staff were really nice and friendly and were always helpful when you had a query. The food was nice the only thing that could be improved is the choice but for all the people saying its completely inedible are just being silly! There was good music playing around the pool all day and there was always room on the loungers. Will defiantly be coming back to this hotel next year!

3  Thank 818ELZ
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Have just come home from 4 days away in Magalluf.. With 2 of my girl friends all in our early 40's who like to party! (It's our 3rd time) this year we had VIP tickets to see Example and DJWire at Mallorca Rocks and VIP tickets to see Wretch 32 at BCM, both brilliant nights!
This hotel is absolutley fine for a short stay.
Don't stay at this hotel if you want a quite 5* experience.. It's so not like that.. Its a party hotel and a base to eat, drink and get a shower and go out down to the strip which is 5min walk around on the beach stopping if you want on the way at some nice bars for a drink. So location of this hotel is spot on and the bonus of a taxi rank right outside the hotel for getting back to the airport- which is around €30/40.
The rooms are very clean, but in need of a revamp.. Views were fab from the balcony, but If you can imagine once this was a nice hotel geared towards families.. But now into groups who come to party in this resort.. And take note.. NOT to sleep!! So very noisy.. So in places the hotel is showing its wear..
No children under 16 are allowed now.
For what we paid through Easyjet holidays we felt we got a bargain.
Food was fine, felt more like a canteen, very basic food.. Pizza chips salad cold meats.. Fried breakie in the morning was helpful when coming in with the muchies- so that was fantastic..!
Drinks were fine (not the wine though unless you like drinking vinegar)!?
Staff were very nice and friendly.
Don't under stand the negative comments about this hotel as it does exactly what it says on the tin...
At the end of the day don't come to Magalluf unless you are there to dance drink and meet loads of amazing people, we had no trouble at all, very well policed this year and not so many of the "problem ladies" around, just keep your wits about you, make sure you get a safe in your room, don't take loads of money out with you at night, stay together as a group and you're be fine!
Have fun.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Dencroft
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hotel overall is great for hen and stag parties, hotel staff friendly enough and helpful, rooms decent size for groups.
Pool big enough and plenty of sun loungers!
As for the food !, mmmmm! breakfast was edible but I am not sure if this was due to us still being drunk!
Dinner and tea were awful and the only decent thing was the melon which they didnt cook or interfere with other than slice it.
Bar was extremely annoying as we had 12 in our group but only allowed to be served 1 drink at a time????? whats that about?
It does not taste like it states on the label and I"m sure a dog would refuse it !
Yuk!!!!!
Other than that view lovely and location roughly 5 min walk to town centre so ideal for night life.

1  Thank jenna r
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went as part of a group on a Hen weekend booked through 'Maximise' from Friday to Monday. Our transfer from the airport to the hotel took near on two hours and yet its only a half hour journey, so I suggest only get transfers on your return journey to have a better start to your holiday, there are plenty of taxi's at the airport.

The Hotel Marina Pax is very noisy at times as most of the residents are party goers for either Hen or Stag Do's, so make sure you take some ear plugs in case you want to get sleep. Saying that, the atmosphere in Majorca is quite intense (? CO emissions) so 'relaxation' is hard to come by I think I managed about 7 hours in total of naps the whole time I was there...

The food at the hotel was ok, most of it was bland but you could always find something to eat, I didn't have much of an apatite but the others were saying the food was nice, maybe I'm just spoilt ;).

The rooms are basic but judging by the way some of the others treated their rooms you know why. The room next to us got trashed, beds broken, fixtures and fitting pulled down and they had urinated everywhere. We had a sun terrace on the 1st floor and a lot of objects got launched onto it from above so beware of antisocial behaviour which mainly consisted of lightweight lads who can't handle their booze. Our air conditioning didn't work and neither did the other two rooms we had in our group but if you want air con tell reception and someone will come and fix it, we did without and it was fine, the others got theirs fixed fairly quickly. The Maid came every day, gave us fresh towels and made our beds.

There were entertainment by the pool and the local inclusive alcohol was actually quite nice. The staff were friendly and helpful however, I was physically attacked one night while out but was unable to report it and no one seemed to want to help me, the local Police service seems very sparse. I believe I was attacked in an attempt to steal my jewellery so please what ever you do, leave your valuables at home in the UK. If you are approached and are prompted to turn your head ("who's the bride" while another accomplice stalls them), what ever you do DO NOT TAKE YOU EYES OFF THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU!! Their accomplice fires and egg in a sling shot at you at close range (mouth/teeth). Luckily I didn't turn my head so it hit my neck and not my face, they walked away with nothing but I was still in shock for a couple of days after so it somewhat ruined the rest of my time there... The people who attacked me had a very strong Irish accent... Be warned...

Overall the hotel is what it is and if you're there to party this couldn't be a better location - enjoy!!

Room Tip: A top floor room would be better if you want sleep as the walls and floor appear quite thin so you c...
2  Thank H3l3N11
Reviewed June 26, 2013

As a hotel it was nice, what you may expect from a cheap deal for inclusive! But as Jack C says, the food was hit and miss! Generally it was awful, on rare occasions it was edible, but it was never amazing!

As a group of 8 girls our request for rooms together was accommodated, the room was cleaned daily to a reasonable standard. However, certain areas require repair (stickers used to cover damaged to the bathroom door in 407).

The bar staff were as hit and miss as the food, some were lovely, others beyond rude! The drinks policy was ridiculous as the small plastic cups they provided them in were gone almost as soon as you sat back down, especially when you had ice! On our last day after many complaints about the 1 drink per person per trip policy I was allowed 2 drinks at a time. But even this could be a pain if you were sat by the pool and you were making a trip for a few of your party.

Overall I wouldn't mind staying in the area again as the location was good. If you are going on a group holiday, it will do the job as long as you aren't too fussy about eating out some times and a wait/multiple trips for drinks.

We did find a lovely bar down the road where the food was English pub grub at a good price. The staff were lovely and really want you to have a good time, which made up for the poor service/food at the hotel.