“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Hotel Teix

Hotel Teix
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed June 18, 2009

If you're after cheap as chips with no fuss, then this is it.

No the rooms aren't up to date with mod cons and all that, but you get a bed each with clean sheets, a fresh set of towels, and a balcony.

It's not the ritz, but what do you expect for the price?

This hotel is designed for hen and stag parties, who just want a bed to crash in, and a place to have a shower and get ready.

The staff are all friendly, and the bars and beach are just 2 minutes away either side.

I will advise one thing though - get a fan!! You can hire them from reception for 3 euros a day. The rooms are bloomin boiling!

Nice bar called Eastenders across the road, it does a mean fry up for 3 euros, and the Hen or stag drinks FREE all the time!!!

I had a wicked time here with my hen party, so don't be put off by the comments, unless you're fussy and want a 5* hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 13, 2009

6 lads from chester went on holiday to magaluf, 1st lads holiday, and we found a cheap deal for the teix. we were all well excited.....until we read the reviews, we was all like 'what have we done!' i tell you what, whoever has left them comments need to get a grip. what are you expecting?? a 5 star?? dont get me wrong it is basic, but its all you need! all we used it for was crashing out at 6 in the morning! it was the best week ever! everyone is friendly, no trouble, and it is the perfect place for groups of young lads and girls lookin for a good time. if you get the chance, go to a silent rave, its amazin! and watch out for the foam parties, you may possibly die!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2009

make no mistake hotel is basic with largr rooms but very cheap , best place for beach pub next dooris great.
i asjked for more towels no problem staff very friendly
when asked for anything provided asap

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank batterseabroad
Reviewed January 14, 2009

We booked this holiday throught Thomascook on a 18-30s holiday we were advised that this was a 2 strar hotel. (Its a one star) As a first girls holiday we was not really fussed and just wanted some where to put our heads down at night. IT WAS NOT!!

I wouldnt even say you get what you pay for we were paying the same price as people staying in the 3* much cleaner MUCH bigger much better Fiesta Jungla

Firstly the hotel is a one star hotel. It is alfull!!!!!!! It is ment to be a bed and breakfast, breakfast is one slice of toast!!!!!!

When your booking a holiday away with your friends you forget that actully there will be some times that you do have to be in your hotel room!! A decent nights sleep is the last thing you can have in this hotel!! The beds STINK! the cleaners change the bed sheets every 3days. As for the toilets what a joke they stunk from the day we walked in to the day we left.

THERE IS NO AIR CON!!!!!!! This hotel already smelled as it was but with no aircon and rooms not being cleaned every day it was just a nightmare. Getting ready was horrible what with hair dryers and straightners on top of the heat you woud go out looking like crap just sweeting!!!

As for the kind of people you will come across in this hotel well on about our 4th night of staying here there was a crowd outsite our hotel watching two people have sex on one of the balconies of the hotel!!! The secruity gaurd stod and watched!!! PERVERT.

All in all this hotel is dirty smelly and just a plain joke!!!

Go to Feista Jungla!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank lauraford
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I read reviews about this place before we got there - a party of nine, we were on a hen do and some of the women in our party weren't used to roughing it. But I am and I thought, well, we probably won't even notice...

I had read about the sheets that weren't clean (mine were suspect) and about the dodgy toilet systems - they really are bad. The beds were popping springs too. But nothing prepared me for cockroaches, feet marks on the wall or indeed the doors that didn't lock or the windows that didn't close. Suspect stains on the wall that I hope to good were food or drink because they very easily could have been [--] or [--] for all I knew.

The glass windows were so thin that sleeping was a joke, but if your really drunk I guess you won't notice that.

Teix is known locally as "the palace". One rep told me on his arrival to Magaluf he stayed there for two weeks and it felt like a month.

Don't eat in the place, breakfast is toast and two packet cakes. Its like a prison at the reception desk and there's strange yellow stains on various walls in the building. Every one of the rooms we had the toilet got blocked at some point. The hallway smelled of [--] at one point and to top all that off I walked down the hallway one afternoon and next doors toilet was spilling out into the hall.

The water that you wash with IS YELLOW and that's not a joke. We all got the runs whilst staying there.

We got what we paid for but the boiled bacon head Geordie was less than welcoming, and rather intimidating - and thats to a group of girls. I wonder if he would have been like that with nine blokes.

You get what you pay for but if you want my advice - avoid. I've stayed in cleaner hostels.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Jaidey123
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Teix- where do I start…? I’m not one to turn up my nose about the basics especially being the frequent traveller that I am, but this place is horrifying.

The towels that were provided for the four of us in the room had stains on them; the floors were dusty and sticky and the bed sheets smelt of mildew and had several stains on them as well. Due to my friends and I staying there for a short period of time, we had to find the nearest supermarket and buy bathroom clean as the level of
Cleanliness was unacceptable, we weren’t best pleased about having to shower or brush our teeth in there.

I do agree with the saying “you get what you pay for” but I also believe that budget hotels should still have a HIGH level of hygiene.

I advise all that its best to skip the cheap option save a little bit more and find somewhere, where you will feel comfortable, the staff are polite and you don’t have to worry about whether you’ll catch something by just touching surfaces.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Dee024
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Stayed at Hotel Teix in Magaluf Aug 28th - Sept 4th.

First impressions were that it was a little tacky but I thought ah well you can't go to a 1* hotel and have expectations. You get what you pay for I guess.

We got the key to our room and went to use the lift but only 1 person can fit at a time so we decided to just drag our cases up the stairs. We entered our room to find it in average condition although the walls were a little grubby, there was a chair with fag burns in it and the bed covers had cigarette burns too. The balcony door wasn't fitted properly - there was a gap (just as well it was 25-30 degrees when we were there!) The heat in the rooms is absolutely unbearable. I sat on the balcony most nights cause i couldnt sleep. You can hire a fan but they charge ridiculous prices. Think it was 25 euro for the week!!

The bar staff were friendly enough with us (big shout out to Micky the geordie). Was a bit disappointed with the prices though. DO NOT buy bottles, buy pints of local spanish lager at 1.75 euro. a bottle of magners was about 5.60 i think. Also at night we were always the only people starting off in the hotel bar - it was dead.

If you dont like the album 'Clubland Classix' then stay away from this hotel. This was constantly on round the pool. All day and night! I have this album in my car but since I got home, I haven't listened to it since. It drove me mad. We knew all the words and order of the tunes by end of the week.

The location you can't argue with though! Bang in the centre! The best places to go are BCM for the big nights and Bananas. You buy a wristband for bananas for 12 euro and then you get euro drinks till 2am, but then they go up to ridiculous prices, like 5.50 a bottle of bud. Make sure you get plenty in b4 2am!! BCM is a must, they have some great nights on in that place. Just be careful of the foam, i nearly suffocated but was a great laugh.

Overall I enjoyed my holiday but not sure I would go back to this hotel, although as I say, it is fine if you aren't too fussy and just want a bed.

See you soon.