“katmandu wow wow wow magalufs no1 hotel”

Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed September 3, 2013

what a fantastic hotel, this 3* hotel packs a punch as good as a 5*hotel anytime. It starts when you walk in to reception to check in which is so easy and friendly, the rooms are so clean and with a daily maid service are kept clean to a very high standard with fresh towels every day even if you don't want them. The hotel is so family friendly with a kids club better than I have ever seen in any hotel, they keep the kids entertained all day long as well as the adult entertainment at night. the food is to die for, so much variety there is something to suit every ones tastes. The staff are so fantastic they make you feel as if you are part of the family. With a large pool and bar area you can not go wrong, this hotel has just linked up with a fantastic theme park next to the hotel which guests get into FREE as many times as you like while you stay at the hotel {I went 4 times} and it is due to get even BETTER next year with a huge MULTI MILLION POUND revamp of every room to 4* standards, new pool area with water slides, new reception, new entertainment room, and don't forget the yeti. all this just for families. and magaluf beach just 300 yards away.I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family I have been bringing mine here for over 20 years and WILL be back next year
IF YOU ARE 18 TO 25 AND SINGLE AND COME TO MAGALUF TO GET WASTED KEEP AWAY THIS WILL NOT BE A HOTEL FOR YOU TRY ANOTHER HOTEL FAMILIES ONLY !!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your words. Of me not to need add anything else because you have done a splendid hotel advertising explaining the project of the coming year.
The only thing I have to tell you is you will be more than welcome when you come back to Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,930)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for a week, half board, ( Until today, 30/08/13). I'm 51 years old with a 7 year old son (don't ask) and came here expecting no sleep, which I'm used to with my boy having asked for a room on the top floor to avoid the 'drunken mingers', we were all young once mind. I stayed in room 403 over looking BCM square, whch is a massive nightclub.

As some reviews have pointed out about the drunks, yes there were some but once they came in the post disco chatting only lasted 5 or 10 minutes. After 2 or 3 beers I had great night's sleeps. What they should do, or should've done before they start this re-furbishment is put these singke sex folk on the bottom floors and then the coulples on the next floor and lastly the families on the top floors, bring on the change next year (Where they have only families or couples)

This hotel is clean and well kept, the staff are great, the food is very 'ok' as like many 3, 4 and 5 star hotels ( Which I've stayed in lots) they have to cook the food in bulk. Ocasionally you may find an egg slightly cold or a sausage not quite to your liking but, my god there's enough choice to forgive a slight error? I enjoyed every breakfast including the Yeti and the dancing and entertaining staff on Friday morning for breakfast which most normal people enjoyed.
Why are so many people stuck up themselves when they go on holiday, is it because they feel so inept at home and want to give grief to easily attacable hotel folk to get their own back on society?
Facilities wise you can't beat this in Magaluf due to the park, though why people want to play mini-golf by playing one person at a time and holding up everyone behind is a mystery to me, shouldn't everyone in a group all hit their shots on after the other?
Then you have desperado s which is really good apart from the horse and cowboy thing going oin too long,the 3d cinema is also excellent but doesn't advertise which ,actual film is on at any time,
Anyway the park, with it's house, desperado's Asylum, minigolf and 4d cinema is very good.

Do you know that if I really had to knock this place it would be to say that if they touched up the paint-work, lowered the minimum height in the main pool, in the shallow end to maybe 1.1m as hardly any kids could stand up, which isn.t really child friendly and the reception, where even though they try hard they are exteremly under- staffed at major busy landing times when you need to check in.

I've just re-read this article and noticed that on several occasions I've contradicted myself by knocking some of the good points, which quite honestly I don't mean.

Stay here as it is excellent value for money and unless you are a 5 star snob, when you shouldn't be here in the first place you will be rewarded with a lovely (3*) hotel.

Room Tip: Opposite to BCM in 2013

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for your kind words. Really the whole team makes every effort to satisfy the needs of all our guests and it is always a pleasure to read positive comments. I assure you that they will be transmitted to the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you next year.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

arrived at the hotel around 1pm, service at the reception left a lot to be desired, it took around an hour to get fully checked in. it appeared the two men on the desk were quite flustered dealing with a few problems as well as checking people in. we got into our room which was lovely and very clean. maids cleaned every day and towels were changed even when not left on the floor which was great. about half way though the holiday we got back after a night out to find the electricity was off, we went down to the reception to ask for assistance to which the lady gave us a new card.. which didn't work. it was around 11pm on a Saturday evening and the lady told us there was no maintenance around and we would have to wait until the morning to get it fixed, or move to another room! I told her I was not happy to move with it being 11pm and explained that the room was pitch black how were we supposed to walk around?! to this she went back down to the desk and got someone who flicked the trip switch and the electricity was back on! other than this the staff were great. the food however left a lot to be desired, hardly any choice and not cooked very well at all, I had some fish one night and it was full of bones, completely inedible. we have decided to stay at the sol Trinidad for our next visit, hopefully the food will be better!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank katydo12

Dear Guest,
I'm glad to hear that you liked thecleanliness and the staff in general and I'm really sorry about the inconveniences that you suffered during your stay. Anyway I'm glad to hear that you do not lose confidence in Melia Hotels International and I hope you will enjoy your stay at Sol Trinidad.
Best regards

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great family hotel right in the middle of magaluf. Kids are entertained all day and although my 4 year old was too young for the kids club, they still let him join in with the pool games which he loved.
The food is great, a wide variety to choose from, pizza, pasta, fish,meats, veg, potatoes, chips salads, soups, and desserts every night plus a theme every night eg. American was burgers and hot dogs, Chinese had chicken curry rice and prawn crackers, etc.
The katmandu theme park is great for the kids and have to admit I loved it myself, we went in most days which was all included in the price if you go before 6pm.
A lot of reviews I read commented on the noise coming from bcm, we didn't have a problem with this and our balcony opened right onto it, once the doors were closed it wasn't a problem and it only went on until around midnight anyway, also never had any bother with young ones coming home in the small hours.
We had a great holiday here and will definitely return next year unless the prices increase dramatically as I know we got a good deal this year with it being the first year as a hotel and resort together.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jenny i
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Jenni,
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is true that this year we have experienced many changes in the hotel, renovation of common areas, Katmandu themed restaurant, renovated rooms: new beds, flat screen TVs ...
This year we have joined with the magnificent park Katmandu and so we have created Sol Katmandu Park & Resort. A place full of fun for all ages, couples and families.
I encourage you to come next year and live this fantastic adventure again!
Kind regards

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Myself, my 8 year old daughter and my sister stayed at Katmandu Park & Resort this summer, we booked this holiday on the spare of the moment and we flew the day after we booked it. On looking at the reviews before we left none of them were positive at all which really worried me as all of them said it was unsuitable for children/families, I really thought I had made a huge mistake. However, none of these reviews matched up to the holiday we experienced: there was very little noise considering our room looked out onto the BCM, the rooms were cleaned daily, good variety of food which was of fantastic quality, day and night entertainment again was fantastic, staff were friendly and extremely helpful. And as for not being suitable for children/families that couldn't be any further from the truth, the kids club for children aged 5-12 provided excellent activities for the children, the staff were fantastic with all the children and couldn't do enough to keep them entertained and happy at all times, my daughter has experienced the best holiday ever and wants to go back next year and she wants to say a HUGE thank you to (children's entertainer Cris) , we've been back 2 days and she has started saving for next year. I want to take this opportunity to that thank all staff at Katmandu Resort for making our holiday this year the BEST EVER!!!

Dear Linsey,
Thank you for appreciate all the effort of our team. And it is true that this year we have focused on families. Our great animation team takes care of the children throughout the day, so the little ones have fun and parents rest. This is the concept of a perfect vacation for the whole family in Sol Kathmandu.
To finish just say that if you are coming next year you will be amazed with the new project we are developing: 3 types of rooms renovated and refurbished for couples and families, more services, more facilities and of course being a hotel with integrated theme park, we will have more attractions, more fun.
I hope to see you next year. Do not miss it!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at Katmandu Hotel in August with my sister and 8 year old niece. We were very worried about staying in this hotel after reading reviews saying it was unsuitable for children/familes and noisy but i would disagree. Although our balcony overlooked the BCM we heard very little noise. The food was excellent with plenty of choice. The cleanliness of our room and hotel in general was excellent. We really enjoyed the theme park next door and made use of the free admittance and visited again on a number of occasions. All the staff were helpful and friendly in particular the kids club entertainers(Christian). The activities and shows they provided for the children were fantastic. My niece's favourite was the Pirate Party and breakfast with Bora the hotels mascot. Don't listen to bad reviews, this hotel is ideal for familes. We really enjoyed our stay and wish we could have stayed longer, we will definatley return .

1  Thank Haley C

Dear Haley,
It is so gratifying to hear your words. Really the whole team strives every day to make this hotel become a family hotel. Our fabulous animation team has developed a special program related to the adventure of Kathmandu. And as you point out, every friday we have the fun breakfast with Boro, our huge yeti with whom the whole family can take a couple of funny pictures. And the fantastic project that we have for the next year only remains me invite you to come again and enjoy it again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

So myself and my husband stayed at this hotel in july, its a mix of age groups from young to old, and family friendly with a kids club!!!!.
the food was one of the best that we have had for all inclusive, there was such a range of fresh food every meal time.....I don't know how anyone could complain, for what you pay....
the hotel room was clean and tidy.....hit n miss with air con tho.... but spoke to rep and got it sorted...lovely....
family's are put on levels 1-4 and the younger visitors(clubbers) are put on upper levels....
the hotel is just off the main strip, when you come out of hotel turn right and your on the strip..
turn left and walk 5-10 mins and your in palmer.....you just have the best of both world
we really enjoyed our stay..........

Room Tip: if you want a quite room, ask for lower floor!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loufuse

Dear Loufuse,
Thank you for your kind words. It is true that we have a wide variety of food with different menus every day, for lunch and for dinner. Also we have thematic menus, such as Chinese, American, Italian, Mexican. In addition to a great variety of fresh vegetables, grilled, steamed, meat, fish, rice, pasta and our delicious desserts, crumble apple pie, brownies, ice cream, hot custerd, cakes with different flavors, cakes, biscuits .. . an infinity of choices for the little ones and adults alike.
I just would like to inform you that next year the hotel is going to have a lot of changes and improvements. Ther will be adding more amazing attractions such as steampunk-themed splash to battle along with a phoenix flying zipline, an underwater-themed und interactive world just for kids!
We really hope to see you again next year.