We stayed a week on all inclusive at this hotel.
I'm going to mark by stars everything and later follows my review.
1.2 Theft from our room (0) *
2. Reception Staff (1) *
3. Sleep Quality (3) ***
4. Rooms (3) ***
5. Cleaners (4) ****
6. Location (4) ****
7. Bar Staff (5) *****
8. Entertainment (5) *****
9. Restaurant (5) *****
10. Hotel (3) ***
1.1 Security - Well honestly Security level in this hotel is - (0)*
On our arrival 2 security guys in a reception were beating 3 drunk guys.
I don't know what they did before,but it looked like we were watching MMA Fight.
Don't get me wrong.. 3 guys were leaving and they were not looking aggressive at all.
But security guys were kicking them and beating with tonfa. From my point
of view it looked more than assault on them,because they
were heading to the door side and got beaten from behind.
1.2 Theft from our room - On 23rd of July 2013 We came back after dinner
and found that someone broke in to our room. The room looked like someone
new what they doing and were looking for value things and money. One luggage
was on the bed, the other one on the floor, items of beach bag were on the bed,
wardrobe's doors were is safe - were opened, and it seems they were looking
under the bed too (because blanket was lifted).
We went to reception and tried to explain everything. Because woman who
works in it couldn't speak English.. So we came back to the room with
Tony(that's his nick name) And you know what he said? ''Maybe there was
a mistake and someone thought that this is they room'' .......
However because of the shock of that evenings events.. we checked the
room quickly..and it looked that nothing is missing. From the 9th floor
we were moved to 5th (where was a magnetic card lock instead of key).
We didn't call the police.. as we were told they don't speak English,and
only on the next morning I find out that my gopro hero3 lcd screen is
missing. What a shame.. it was my birthday present.
Why there is no CCTV in the corridors?
Why there is only half of the hotel with that kind of locks?
Why anyone can walk in to the hotel and into your room?
Why security is beating a man with that anger? instead of showing they
martial art skills, they could start using brain and skills to protect and secure!
Why every time we went downstairs we had to repeat our self what and
when happened? If every reception suppose to have an incident report book?
2. Reception staff - Don't know what to say.. Spanish woman doesn't speak English,
Tony was acting stupid or thought that we are.. or maybe in that kind of
situations they are trained to act like this.
The blond girl who looked like Russian and the Russian guy seemed to be nice and helpful.
3. Sleep quality - This one is very simple. if you want to have a good sleep
in this hotel.. get drunk,close the balcony and put your head under the pillow.
Other wise listen toilet flushes,TV from your neighbors room,music from BCM Planet,
and youngsters in the corridors who has no sense of time and no sense of where they are.
4. Rooms - All higher floor rooms seems to have a nice view. 9th floor view
was as much the same as 5th floor. Important thing is - magnetic key at lower
floors and simple key at higher ones. All the rest is simple small details like:
At 5th floor room we had very pure lighting above the bath.
Had problems to charge my Note2(charger was buzzing)
Had problems with shaving.. it took me twice longer because of water
pressure or not even pressure but those small tap halls.
Water temperature in a shower was going up and down.And if someone
in you toilet will flush a water you will burn :)
5. Cleaners - I would give 5*, But one day beds wasn't changed,
they just put the same ones back on top. But they were doing well
all the rest days. Towels were changed every day and
every time we came back ashtray was cleaned.
6. Location - it is very close walk distance to the beach,bars,shops,Katmandu Park and BCM Planet.
7. Bar Staff - Five stars for bar staff ! Those guys are doing great job.
Good sense of humor good attitude. Can't say any bad word about them. Well done.
8. Entertainment Team - If someone break into your room,,and your mood is messed..
those guys can really cheer you up.. not on even on stage..but by being in the hotel
at lunch time.. or then you see them playing with kids. Nice team , great attitude with people of all age.
9. Restaurant - This is the Katmandu hotels SAVERS. Food was amazing..
Everything was cooked well. Huge selection from everything you can expect to everyone you see around.
Big selection of deserts made me feel like a kid again. Thank You to all the Restaurant staff.
10. We are 26-30 years old couple, We not picky.. Music from BCM wasn't bothering us.
Location was good for us. Food and drinks were amazing, we understand how
hard people work to serve us in that kind of level. But when someone breaks
into your room,and no one shows any care you feel like you spent your time
and money in wrong place.. I can say only one thing - My birthday and more
than half of our holidays were
By the way.. try to keep away from the lifts.. they were breaking every day..and believe me
this is not that lift where you want to spend more than a minute
And don't listen to they're promises.. until BCM PLANET is open this hotel never ever will become a family hotel.
About 60% of people coming to Magaluf just for party and cheap alcohol.
I emailed 2 letters to head office and I got no reply..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents Katmandu Park & Resort, the first “fun-inclusive” hotel in Majorca, perfect for families and friends, with both accommodation and entertainment all right in the middle of theme park fun and just 250 m from the maginficent sandy beach. Included with stay is free entry to the fun and thrills of Katmandu Park. Among other services and facilities, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi throughout, 3 outdoor pools with sun beds. Buffet Restaurant (All Inclusive option). The rooms are comfortable and are fully equipped. The hotel offers full programme of funny and creative activities for kids in the mini club Kamp Katakidu (8 months-12 years) during the day and a varied entertainment programme in the evening with live music, shows and much fun for all ages. Come and discover the history of Katmandú Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Katmandu Park & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Magalluf Park Hotel Magalluf
- Sol Melia Magalluf
- Sol Hotel Magalluf
- Magalluf Park Sol
- Sol Magaluf Park
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort Magaluf, Majorca