“Excellent hotel!”

Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Could not fault this hotel at all, rooms were lovely and cleaned every day. The food was great lots of choice. Pool area was really big and could get a sunbed whatever time you went down. Would definately go again :-D

• Stayed June 2013
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Gracias Kayl,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel. We have renovated a lot of things this year as you could tell, matresses, couches, TV, etc...and yes...we are very proud of our rooms.
Despite of this, next year we keep on improving refurbishing our rooms. We are going to have superior rooms, connecting rooms ideal for familys....and the rest of the hotel is going to be renovated as well. A great and new swimming-pool, A yeti of 9 meters hanging in the facade, a zipline that is going to join the park and the hotel...and much much more. So if this year you have enjoyed it, just imagine 2014.

We wait for you!!!!

Patricia A. García

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bellshill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I (in our 40's/50's) checked reviews prior to visiting and were aware of its close proximity to BCM nightclub etc. We enjoyed our stay, nice pool, enough beds, clean, good food, staff not overly interactive with us but professional and efficient. I noticed previous reviews questioned the security, I found them fine, then again I wasn't singing at 5 in the morning, if anything not tough enough on persons, who were crossing the boundaries with poor language, drunken behaviour as most visitors would be very supportive of a more pro active approach. Staff should also be more willing to refuse alcohol to individuals who are obviously consuming too much and becoming a nuisance. I would thank Patricia, who on receiving a complaint, first one I've made in 30 years of going abroad, of a female holidaymaker who was playing loud music, verbally abusing us and neighbours, she promptly noted the complaint and short time later she was removed from the hotel. There is noise around the hotel due to the nightlife but I would suggest its not the clubs that cause the problems it's the people who think they can come in early morning singing, shouting, banging etc. We met lots of nice people, old and young who were really nice and enjoyed the nightlife without being a nuisance. The hotel wants to be a family, couples hotel but due the nearby nightlife it is going to attract groups, although I would suggest its the short stay stag/parties who were more disruptive, drinking excessively and poor language, especially around the pool when the families were there rather than the youths on 7 days and over stays. So the hotel will either have to decide whether they want a family hotel of which there is potential or deal with the problem of the groups drinking excessively on all inclusive against the families and couples. Would I recommend the hotel to my family with young kids...No, would I recommend it to couples, family with no kids ....Yes

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim M
Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for appreciating all our efforts. we try our best to improve day after day, and if is true that this year we have had youth all around, next year we have a completely new project that is going to trasnform our place in the most fascinating familiar hotel of Calvia with one of the biggest soft play areas of Mallorca, a refurbished 4 stars hotel, new rides...everything to have families enjoying just steps away from the beach.

Hope to see you next year in our future family project!!!

Scotland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good points about this hotel.
Just back today
Spotlessly Clean
Great Location
Katmandu Park was great, thoroughly enjoyed the park
Food was good
Pool was good, plenty of sun beds
Met a lot of lovely people from all over the world and enjoyed their company

Bad points
it took the staff 40 minutes to book us in? Even when I spoke to a manager about getting more staff to help to book us in I was told " no i.d just have to wait.". 3 staff were booking in 1 group of men and they couldn't get any more staff to book in everybody else that was waiting.
Not a very good first impression and we were very disappointed in the mangers attitude and her lack of customer service and lack of professionalism.
Staff have little or no English. It was like a lottery when you went to reception if you got somebody that could speak English and could actually answer a simple question.
Staff have no knowledge of any local information or give out the wrong information. We were told the bus for the water park would pick us up at a meeting point just down from the hotel. We waited 40 minutes and no bus turned up!!
The staff work very hard but they don't engage in any conversation with you even when we tried. They seem to think that tourists are a necessary evil that they need to put up with! Again we were disappointed with the whole attitude towards us.
The entertainment was diabolical. The entertainment was only on for 1 hour a night and it was very poor. Our last night they had a Gary Barlow and a Michael Bubble singer on. He was he only entertainment that was worth watching.
The noise from the BMC square starts about 5 in the afternoon and its blaring and goes on until 5 in the morning
Hotel had large groups of party goers who where loud and aggressive in the early hours of the morning and if you phoned the reception you got no answer?

Room Tip: We had a room facing the BMC square, which is very noisy. So I,d request a room facing the katmunda...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzisiesta
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Suzisiesta,

After reading your comment I have already asked our Gext experience Manager to find out what happened. As it is not a usual thing, having guests waiting for the check in or a big group og people at the same time, she perfectly remembered the situation.

I have been told that it is right that, although we had 3 people plus the manager of the reception, as these customers wanted to pay in that moment it took too much for checked them in. The spanish law requiers to ask every customer's details to emit an invoice, for this reason we it took longer than usual to check this group in to satisfy its expectative.

We usually do a pre check in to the big groups of people to make check in process faster.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Apart from this matter, I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We really work hard to improve every day in every aspect.
Cleaning and food, as you have said are two of our main objectives as we think if a hotel is clean and offers good food guests really appreciate it.

We merged with Katmandu Park this year. It is a great adventure and we are glad to know that you enjoyed all the advantages from the Play Pass. If you liked it this year, just let you know that on 2014 we will have new and great rides and the hotel is going to be completly refurbish. We will become a familiar hotel, full of entertainment night and day.

Hope to see you next year.

Kind Regards,

West Yorkshire
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited again this year about our 12th visit to this hotel, being renovated with brand new beds & bedding, super king size pillows! So comfy, this hotel never fails to give me & my husband an excellent holiday for 2 weeks. Whatever you read in other reviews, dont take any notice, anyone who gives a bad review are either boring or causing trouble themselves. No one can expect to go to Magaluf and have a "quiet" holiday, if you want a quiet holiday, go to the other smaller resorts!! The food and service as usual, were excellent, always lots of choice of all foods. Always at evening meal is the chef carving something, either beef, chicken, turkey, all of super taste. We dont stay in the hotel after meals, either off to the beach or out on the town, we are not ones to stop 2 weeks in one hotel, so cannot rate the "entertainment" or bars as we never use them (or the pool area) prefer the beach and the super sea.

Room Tip: We have been on the top 10th floor for the last couple of years, it is super up there, never had no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jazzyjenny
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Jazzyjenny,

Thaks so much for taking the time to let us know your comments. For sure I will transmit them to my team which will be glad to know that their hard job has made your holiday.

Thank you once again!!!
devon
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My views on this hotel is mixed at the beginning of the week it was quiet and relaxed around the pool during the day and peaceful at night when wanting to sleep. However as the week went on more young loud disrespectful individuals became apparent! The location however is brilliant stone throw away from BCM and the strip where the party is at.

Most of the corridor would keep their doors open at all times of the day snoozing through the day and playing loud music late at night. We also had problems with people knocking and kicking at our doors claiming they were security wanting to chat ect, when they were just holiday makers causing damage to the property and causing lack of sleep for everyone else! I would strongly recommend that they had security on the premises to patrol the out of hand drunk individuals, which was clearly an issue from what I observed from this morning.

Bare in mind that you are able to leave your key at reception for safe keeping if your planning a wild night out which if we had been told then we wouldn't have lost a considerable amount of them, until friends told us.

Also by bed sheets where not changed once throughout the week, I spilt a late night snack on my duvet and the remainders stayed on the sheets for the rest of the week.

However I would like to say that Antonio and Leonardo the bar staff were fabulous and always worked sufficiently to serve customers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank leano808
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking time and writing a comment. We are very sorry to hear that you had to confront with noise and improper behaviour yet we’ve been doing our best in order to eradicate these issues from our hotel. We also have a security service which can be called to the hotel at any time during the day or night. In the next year together with all the other changes video cameras will be introduced as well. And at night-time we now have a security-guard patrolling the floors.
However in the next year we will introduce a lot of changes to the hotel as it will be raised to a 4 star hotel with a different name – Sol Katmandu Park & Resort. It means that all services as well as the room service will be greatly improved. New attractions and significantly renovated pool area will be added to deliver you fun time during the day yet in the night time we guarantee you silence and a sound sleep.

We are looking forward to see you at our hotel again
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault the staff, cleanliness, food, location - all excellent.

The final touches to make it the Katmandu resort are in motion - on Thu 12 June the old main entrance signage was removed and replaced to match the attraction colour/design.

The free passes to the attraction are great. We didn't try any of the rides, but played the golf a lot.

The only downside to the hotel is the noise. We had an early flight to Palma so on the first day we returned to the hotel at 22.30. The room was facing BCM and even with the balcony door closed the sound of music, DJ talk and fireworks was deafening. That noise stopped at midnight, or was at least greatly reduced. However later the boom boom of music returned, presumably at the height of the night inside the club but when people were leaving early.

The next day we requested a change of room and were immediately told a room on the same floor would be ours at 1.30pm once it was vacated and cleaned. The room faced Katmandu house so quiet from that perspective; thereafter the only noise issue was other guests music/running in corridors/shouting.

In a perfect world the hotel would allocate rooms to guests in sections of the building according to age/group - so families/older folk in one half, the party lot in the other half. Easier said than done I suppose.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Antxl,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your opinion. We are very greatful. We have merged this year with Katmandu Park creating this new Play and stay concept that allows us to give all our guest the Play Pass to join for free our Park attractions. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Mini Golf...it is a pity that you have not tried the XD Dark Ride, the 4D or the Upsidedown House....they are terrific!! Maybe next year, no?

Next year we are doing an incredible change in the hotel. 170 rooms are becoming superio rooms (The ones facing the loudest part of the street) and we already thought of this great isolated glasses. If you come again this year ask us to visit the pilot room. Sure that you will notice the differece. The 252 other rooms, are going to be also completely refurbish, and of course we are going to work in provide the best resting time to our clients.

More suprise coming next year, great rides, new restaurants, new thematic area, incredible swimming-pool...I think you will love it. We count on you next 2014.

Thanks again for your words,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Really happy we chose to stay at this hotel, overall had a great time. Rooms are modern and clean with a daily maid service. The hotel is in the centre of Magaluf, but just 5 mins either way to Magaluf or Palma Nova Beach. Easily the best thing about the hotel is free entry to Katamandu which is great.

Although, mostly happy. The hotel do need to improve two aspects:
Food: As a vegetarian, there is very little on offer apart from salads which can get repetitive. I spoke to the manager who spoke to the chef to see what they could do. I was given "Macroni" one evening which ended up as litreally a plate of pasta! The food is okay for those who aren't vegetarians, although repetetive. The food in general wasn't amazing but there was a good selection (for meat eaters). I was suprised by how little Spanish food was on offer. It would be fantastic if they had an area for this, a vegetarian area and a meat area with clear signs (which weren't often clear). In the end, we decided to eat out mostly. Others also shared this opinion regarding the food.

Service: At times, service was shockingly bad. Mainly, in the restaurant where the waiters (majority) were quite miserable. I had to approach 3 waiters one evening for a drink as they were "busy' setting up tables.. It took ages to order drinks and I didn't like having to pay straight away whilst tucked into a meal. There was no real drive in terms of service from any of the members of staff and I think if they had this, it could be great.

With those two main tweaks, I would return and recommend.

Room Tip: If you do not like the noise, request a room at the FRONT of the hotel. It can be hard to sleep with...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nkotak
Patricia_TB, General Manager at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments. I understand your point as a vegeterian, and allthoug we have a large selection of dishes in our buffet, maybe we do not satisfy all the needs for a vegetarian. After reading you I have spoken with the manager of the dinnig room to show in all the Meal Name's cards which products can be eaten by a vegetarian. We always have assorted vegs, crudites, and salads by I guess you were looking for something cook.
From now onwards we will identify our Vegs dishes with a sign, so everybody can realize that is suitable for vegetarians.
Hope this helps to satisfy in a better way your expectations next time you visit us.

Hope to see you again soon.

Patricia A. García
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaluf
Sol Wave House Hotel
#12 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
Melia Calvia Beach
Melia Calvia Beach
#2 of 28 in Magaluf

Been to Sol Katmandu Park & Resort? Share your experiences!