“Much better than expected!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Universal Hotel Florida

Universal Hotel Florida
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Magaluf
“Much better than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I went to this hotel with 4 of my friends and we simply loved it. The people that worked there were really helpful and I really loved the bartender Alejandro and the hotel manager that always smiled and talked to us when we met him. The location is very good if you want to be able to go out at night because it is really close to magaluf and the strip. If you want to have a more quiet night it's not far from Palmanova either, where there are more restaurants and stores. The hill that everyone is complaining about is really not something to be afraid of, it can be tough if you have a bad leg or sit in a wheelchair, but besides from that it's really not a problem. The cleaning at the hotel was good, changed towels and cleaned every day. The sheets where not changed unless they were dirty. The food was also very good and all inclusive was defintly worth the money. The only problem we had was that it sometimes was hard to sleep because of drunk people comming home late at night and making a lot of noise.. but you have to expect a bit of noise if you choose a hotel this close to magaluf. Would without a doubt come back! :)

Room Tip: The ocean view is amazing!!
1 Thank Kristin M
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Kristin,

I am very grateful to read these words and pleased to know that your stay in Hotel Florida has been a good experience.

We hope that we will see you back again,

José Solaz (Director)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
derby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

After reading reviews i went to this hotel with an open mind!!

Food luke warm, staff very friendly, rooms clean,

The only niggles i have is the sunbeds being chained together, theres only 1 bar, and i did ring the day before to request a room on the 3rd floor, they agreed to it but when i got there i ended up on the 5th floor right above the restaurant, so when folk went in early in a morning the scraping of the chairs on the floor woke us up and kept us awake!!

Why folk keep putting you can only get one drink at a time is beyond me, cos i always got more than one!!

Yes its full of stags & hens but i found it quite amusing watching there antics round the pool!!

Dear Lindsey,

Thank you so much for your kinds words and comments it makes us improve our product every day.

We are very sorry that we have not been able to give you a room on the 3rd floor, due to that the hotel was fully booked and we could only give you a room on the 5th floor.

Hoping to see you a netx time,

José Solaz ( Director )
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the hotel while on my hen weekend with 6 friends...on arrival staff were friendly but within 10 mins we'd been reprimanded by a very angry and intimidating security guard for talking too loud!!!!!!!!! I understand the hotel's policy of being quiet after midnight but complete silence is too much to ask and two people simply talking in their room at 8.30pm being phoned and visited from reception for 'making too much noise' is a tad extreme. It made for a very uncomfortable stay, felt too scared to do anything, was like being back at school! I think such strict rules for a resort like Magaluf is a bit strange. Definitely wouldn't return to the hotel in a hurry....

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JoBrownx
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Jobrownx,

I thank you for your reamarks about the hotel, your coments and suggestions hepl us improve,

I agree with you that is very strict to call the attention at 20.30 about making noise at that time, these rules are between 24,00 hours and 08,00 am for our guests to be able to rest,

We hope that we will see you back again,

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Spent four days on a hen party loved the hotel pleasantly surprised it is on a hill but only 3 euros for a taxi. The pool area gets busy but lots of private areas for sun bathing. The staff can't do enough for you restaurant great plenty of choice. It can be a bit loud at night depending on how drunk people are but all in all good value for money And lovely views I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Juliahols
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Julia Hols,

I thank you for a number of useful comments about the hotel, we are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay in the Florida hotel,

Looking forward to seeing you back,

Best regards

José Solaz (Director)
Newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We where a party of 15 men staying for my sons stag night with age ranges from 23 to 60
I was quite impressed with this Hotel it was clean food was good and upgrade to AI was reasonable
The Hotel is about 10 mins walk from the strip in Magaluf so its far enough away from the very lively night life. Also about same walking distance is Palma Nova which is a nice resort.
There is security at the Hotel at night which done their job well as one of the nights at 4.30 a noisy party of scousers returned to their room and decided to have a party on balcony (not good) within 15 mins security was knocking on their door telling them to shut up.
I think the best idea for this hotel is to put all those under the age of thirty single groups on the bottom two floors and reserve the rest for the others
Good Hotel though well run and Director always visible

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking bay floor 4 and upwards lovely view
Dear Bigmalanbev,

I am very grateful to read these words and pleased to know that your stay in Hotel Florida has been a experience, and I would like to thank your gesture.

We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

My friend decided on our holiday destination and to be totally honest I wasn't looking forward to the whole magaluf experience - I didn't think it was my type of holiday....how wrong I was.

It was just my friend and myself who stayed at hotel florida for 10 days at from the 19th May (we are 29 and 33
, so not young party animals). Yes, there was various stag, hen parties and a rugby tour but the at no time inhibited our wonderful experience. In fact we met some wonderful people who will hopefully will always keep in touch with.

For me, hotel florida made my holiday. The staff were superb, the rooms extremely clean and the food delicious.

The maid service was excellent - everyday the rooms were cleaned, beds changed if required and towels replaced.

The bar staff were just lovely and so helpful. José the hotel manager was absolutely delightful and made an effort to welcome everyone. We even loved the security staff who we affectionately called "major" because he kept stag, hen parties etc under control.

I'm a strict vegetarian, so I always worry about staying all inclusive. I needn't have because there was a wide range of foods and all delicious. My friend who eats meat, doesn't eat meat abroad. However, she did in hotel florida and said it was yummy and perfectly cooked.

For me the only downside was in magaluf itself. ..the strip can be quite intimidating at night.

overall I loved my holiday at hotel florida, so much so I'm booking up to come back out in September. I would and have recommended the hotel to anyway staying in magaluf. Fantastic!!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Dionneglen,

Thank you so much for your kind words to the hotel. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Florida.

We look forward to seeing you again.

José Solaz ( Director )
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, welcoming staff, clean enough and lovely sea view. Yes there are stag and hen dos but I found they didn't disturb me at all. If you are a light sleeper take some ear plugs. Yes the hill is steep, however it was a great way for me to burn off some of the extra calories and if you can't handle it, there's always loads of taxis. I would return here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SamJ9088
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Sam

I Thank you for a number of useful comments about the hotel, We work hard every day to be able to offer the best services to our clients and make them feel comfortable during their holidays.
Looking forward to seeing you back in Hotel Florida.

Best regards