“not for me - too many Germans, bad food, but clean and adequate”
Review of Flamboyan Caribe

Flamboyan Caribe
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed September 22, 2009

The Flamboyan is well situated for all amenities and although not for everyone, close to all the pubs, clubs etc. This means a lot of noise, from the streets, late into the early hours. Hotel is clean with rooms having decent on suite facilities. Mattresses very cheap and uncomfortable. the cleaners are excellent and hard working. On a couple of occasions I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out yet they still came back later to clean the rooms. Situated within yards of the beach with a small swimming pool. I preferred to use the beach as the Germans would typically have their towels on the pool sun loungers at first light !! This hotel was 90% German stayers. The food was not good (and I am far from fuzzy !) Breakfast was adequate with choice of hot or cold but evening meals were tasteless with vegetables cooked to a mushy pulp. It has a sun terrace with one bar but found that their were never any staff to take orders and if you wanted a drink then you had to go to the bar and get it yourself. Although the hotel boasts having a gym, it is very limited with inadequate equipment. The exercise bike saddle kept collapsing whilst the only other piece of equipment was a basic multigym. Although we enjoyed our 5 day stay, I would not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank festy47

Reviewed September 12, 2009

Stay at Flamboyan Caribe was a part of my trip to Majorca. I have spent the first week of my journey at the north-east of the island at Can Picafort and for the second week, (on September 3) I came to the South - to Flamboyan Caribe, Magaluf.
Actually this hotel consists of two buildings: Flamboyan and Caribe. Flamboyan is the main one where there is a reception, swimming pool (though very little), fitness and spa facilities.
The hotel is positioning itself as 4 star but believe me it is cheating - it is a real 3 star hotel!
Travelling alone I have prepayed double room for single use at this hotel. When I arrived I was given single, ugly and very depressive room with the bed facing toilet. Next day I was talking to the manager at the reception about the room change. I won't describe now this fight, but only after my insisting on talking to the managing director (before even my argument that I have paid for double and was put into single didn't work as they were saying that they have no rooms!) I was offered standard double room with sea-view with the additional payment for the sea-view. First they wanted 120 Euros for 6 days, then agreed for 60. Another little detail - they even do not have consierge to help you with bringing suitcases to the room.
On the other hand reception managers were really friendly and helpful when it didn't concern the rooms change. They always very ready to advise on places of interest, buses to Palma, cash machines, souvenir shops nearby and at Palma etc.
The first day I went for dinner and the meat there (grilled pork) was spoiled! It was stinky and awful. When I talked to the restaurant manager I heard bla-bla-bala about local recipes and herbs that "add taste". Belive me, I was not the only who noticed the thing! Later I talked to the other hotel guests and they confirmed I was right. The worse thing there was that there were lots of kids and it might be a disaster if they eat it! Later on, in a week I noticed that grilled fish was not fresh... but this time preferred to keep silence - didn't want to spoil the last day in Majorka.
Actually the choice of food wasn't that wide there too and didn't look like four star one. I could compare as the first week on Majorka I spent at a really nice and real 4 star hotel at Can Picafort called Exagon Park.
I also heard from the hotel guests that there were cases of theft at the hotel and I won't recommend you to take the first floor rooms with big terraces(at Caribe building) - it is very easy to get into your room then.
In the meantime the hotel's location is great, 20 metres from the sea, at the very beginning of promenade - enbankment. Lots of nice bars and restaurants around.
Among the hotel guests there were mostly Russians, Serbians and British people.
I will say that if you have a special very cheap offer and are interested only in good location,sea next to your door and some breakfast , you can try it. I myself will never go there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Yulia_from_Moscow
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Maybe not a full 4 star experience, but pretty good all round - and at the price - unbeatable. They even cleaned the room when I hadn't left it until after 3 in the afternoon, which I felt was a nice touch. Staff were good, if maybe a bit suspicious at first (seems more family oriented than solo traveller, but when they know you're not a rioter they lighten up), but room was clean and comfortable. As noted elsewhere, the TV was truly tiny, and only had CNN in english, but then I guess you're not there to watch TV! The lower floor, street side rooms allow some street noise in; but it wasn't overly obtrusive. If you're there for the party and coming in late, take these and save your £ (you'll sleep fine) - but for an extra 5 or 10 euros a head you can get sea view rooms anyway which I suspect would have been silent - you pays your money, etc. Views great, pool perhaps too small with limited sun-loungers; but down 20 steps or so and you're on the beach so there's choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Guy01
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Ok, I will start by saying this was your average beach hotel. I can't fault the hotel except for its guests. It's an awesome deal- I paid 177 euro for 3 nights for a double room, this included breakfast. The hotel is right on the beach... not a really pretty beach, but a beach nonetheless. You do have to pay for beach chairs. I think it was 3.5 euro a day and 3.5 euro for an umbrella. The hotel has beach towels- you pay 10 euro as a deposit which you get back when you turn your hotel in at the end of your stay. You can get new towels as much as you want.

The rooms and hotel were average 3 star decor. The food was average but a huge buffet with many choices to hold you over for a better lunch.

As for the area, STAY AWAY. Magalluf is like mexico spring break x 1,000 but worse. There were tons of loud kids that were acting like it was their first exposure to alcohol and away from home. I was later told that this is how this area always is. Expect screaming and bad behavior at 5am when you are trying to sleep. The bars and nightclubs are disgusting...it was like a circus. I actually spotted two guys wearing that disgusting banana sling Borat outfit walking around one night. This is really a British holiday spot and I've travelled all over England and have never been exposed to people like the ones staying in Magalluf before.

It's not like Vegas or city partying, its not like any other beach resort. I can only describe the feel of Magalluf as POOR. If you like quality food, you won't find it here.

But all this being said, the hotel was nice for the price and right on the beach. The staff was overly friendly and helpful. Laura at the front desk is AWESOME. She has great beach recommendations.

If you must stay in magalluf, this is a good choice. But do yourself a favor and don't go there. Pto. Pollenca is a better choice for a beach vacation. For an upscale vacation, stay in Soller or Deia.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank AP_Phoenix
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I loved this Hotel. It was my first time abroad and I booked it because of it's location and lovely photo's on the website. Unfortunately I had never heard of Magaluf and the type of resort it was!! Magaluf is a lovely location with a beautiful beach, the only thing that spoils it is us, the 'Brits Abroad'. Anyway I wont go on about that because I really enjoyed my Holiday.
First I must mention, the photo's on their website and the Travel agents sites are exactly like it is in the hotel. Very clean, light and airey, good sized room and Balcony. If you get a Sea View then nothing beats waking up in the morning, sitting on your Balcony enjoying the sun and the Med before you've even had breakfast. Wonderful.
This Hotel caters for families/couples from all over the world. It is at the end of 'The Strip', so you can escape the madness rather than be in the midst of it. It is a quiet hotel, no kids/teenage clubs, karaoke, bingo. They do have a lovely bar with terrace over looking the sea, large flat screen TV in a seperate part of the bar, pool table. They have entertainment a few evenings a week which is of a local flavour. We watched the Spanish dancers who wonderful. We prefered this as we were in Spain and it gave us a taste of their culture.
The staff were very friendly, from the receptionists (especially the gentleman who suggested we walk over the hill to Palma Nova where it is for 'More grown up; grown ups' ) the bar staff, the restaurant staff, always had a smile and took pride in their hotel and Spain. If you said a few simple words in Spanish; hello, thank you etc or put a tip in any of the jars at the bar or restaurant they were genuinely appreciative. The lady in the bar used to ring her bell and give us a little pot of bar snacks when we tipped. If you complimented them on the food or hotel etc they were really pleased. It was a refreshing change to some of the customer service I've experienced!
The food was fine. The best was the spanish food, paella etc. They had a Gala evening where they cooked steak, pork etc fresh on a griddle, that was lovely. There was plenty of choice, 2soups, meat, fish, salad, traditional spanish food, desserts, cakes, icecream, fresh fruit. The 'English Breakfast' wasn't quite like ours so we had the cereal, rolls, fruit etc.
In the room there was air conditioning (fab) and ceiling to floor blackout curtains to keep the room cool. The ensuite bathroom was really nice. It was all cleaned to a high standard. The reception area was very pretty and a blessing whilst waiting for our 3.30pm transfer! They also have a luggage room to store your cases after you've checked out.
The pool was clean. There was a shower near the pool to clean your feet after coming off the beach. The two whirlpools were a nice way to relax.
All in all I can't think of anything to complain about. I would return to the Hotel but not Magaluf.
As a footnote, the 'Chill Out Bar' Foxys a few yards down the promenade from the hotel is great. Really chilled. The food is very nice. The staff were young but more mature. They made us feel very welcome, and often had a chat with us when they weren't busy. We went there nearly every evening. They realised as a female couple we might be struggling in the Magaluf atmosphere and really made our holiday a more pleasant one. So to the June/July 2008 Staff of Foxys a big Thank You.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Well well well, just returned from the Flamboyan, we thought we were going out of season, we are in our late 30's and wanted to see what the area was all about, but out of season. Boarded the flight to be joined with 4 different stag and hen parties, arrived at the hotel which was clean and comfortable, pool area not so good, only about 10 loungers around it which were all taken by 0800 by the slightly older crowd, its more a beach hotel, enjoying been right on the beach, although we had a big shock, there were no sun beds out on the beach till our last day so we had to sunbathe at the next beach on Palma Nova, only a 4 min walk so not too bad. We stayed at the back of the hotel, maybe we should hvae got a sea view room, this would have cost 30 euros a night more, we thought we wouldnt bother but basically the noice we had at the back was crazy as the back is right next to the strip, people were coming in at 0600 and happily waking all the guests up shouting wakey wakey. Its a mad resort, full of english lager louts but quite interesting, girls dancing in tiny outfits outside the bars, was a bit intimidating eating your evening meal next to a party of 15 stag lads, shouting and laughing but took it all in good stead, 10 years younger and might have loved it !! Still enjoyed our time though, the front of the hotel, you could be anywhere in the world but there is just drunks all over going crazy in the resort. Back to the hotel though, really nice, crappy pool though due to the hotel elevated position, May is definately party month, we were told that June is more family orientated then complete madness in July and August. Good food at the Hotel, one major bad point. food is served from 6pm till 9pm, we travel all over the world and 9pm means you can walk in at 8.45 pm and still enjoy your time, not here the food is literally whipped away while your serving it from the buffet, they do not care, they want to be out by about 9.10pm, restaurant closed, infact I meant to let them know about this as guests were cheesed off, so remember get in for about 8.15pm at the latest, all in all, a good Hotel, quiet enough if sea view room, barmy resort, a big eye opener, thank god it was not July !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dennybarrow
Reviewed May 17, 2009

When I was invited to go on a fancy-dress hen party to Magalluf, I'll happily confess to increasing feelings of horror, but I've just come back from the most fantastic break. The Flamboyan Caribe is just lovely and great value for money. It has a fantastic location, nice rooms, pleasant staff, plenty of choice on the brekkie front and right on top of a beautiful beach. I wouldn't say it's quite a 4-star establishment and I didn't appreciate having to pay a 10 Euro deposit to borrow a towel (?!?), but aside from that it was great. and providing you're happy to embrace the whole 'party-town' madness that's right on your doorstep, it's great fun! We ran into everything from Umpa-Lumpas to Smurfs to Buzz Lightyear and Morris Dancers and never stopped laughing the whole time we were there! Ooh, and one other thing - try Foxy's restaurant on the seafront and a matter of yards from the hotel. Fantastic tapas and other food choices and a really welcoming atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends