Flamboyan Caribe
Sol Wave House Hotel(Magaluf)
$136
$128
  • Pool
ME Mallorca by Melia(Magaluf)
$251
Sotavento Apartments(Magaluf)(Great Value!)
$101
$77
  • Pool
Sol House The Studio by Melia(Magaluf)
TripAdvisor
BH Mallorca(Magaluf)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort(Magaluf)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea viewfree mealfoxys barbar terracepalma novalovely hotelmain buildingbeach towelsbuffet stylegreat holidaynight lifemagaluf beachbar staff areall inclusive drinkssun loungershotel is situatedolder people
Reviewed July 28, 2012

we stayed hear 26th june for 10days all inclusive 4 lads all 25. clean hotel but foods horrible we eat out every night an spent a fortune and the bar his 2 floors higher than the pool are an will not serve lads with no tops on or girls in bikinis total farse..........

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank davies25
webs2009, Director General at Flamboyan Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We offer an international selfservice buffet with a rotation of 14 days .
We can not accept that the food is not according to tastes and quality of our nearly 400 clients that have dinner day by day. We have about 25 different nationalities and overall good feedback from clients, agencies and touroperators.
Our Hotel is a vertical building therefore the all inclusive service is set up like this .
Food ans snack are served in our Restaurant, Drinks and cocktails in our lounge bar in main floor. In our beach bar all inclusive drinks are not allowed by spanish law, as this bar is placed just on the beach / seaside promenade. Sorry for inconveniences caused .

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Judging from my stay at the Flamboyan Caribe a couple of weeks ago I am pretty sure it is down to luck on how pleasant your stay here will be. First things first what may not appear so clear on the hotel website is that the hotel is in fact spread over two buildings, one called Flamboyan and one called Caribe, so if you're planning on going with friends but in different rooms, there is no guarantee that you will even be in the same building, as did happen with me. Also you may want to note that the reception, restaurant, bar, pool and spa (basically everything) is in the Flamboyan building.
Upon arrival I was given a very generously sized, modern double room in the Caribe building on the lowest floor, however when I went out onto my balcony I discovered that the sliding double door would not lock, which was slightly worrying as this particular room was right on the edge of the hotel, parallel to a public pathway and only separated by a tiny wall, easily climbable, to be honest it looked like this particular room had been broken into, so feeling uneasy I asked if it couldn't be fixed would I be able to swap to another room. Even though when I spoke to reception they said the hotel was fully booked, they did actually quickly allocate me another room, this time in the same building, (the Caribe) but on the floor above my previous room. My room was near the end of the corridor and when I went inside I was pretty disappointed, as it was no way near as modern as the room I had just been transferred from. The bathroom was dated, the bed rock hard, the TV much older than the previous one, and annoyingly it didn't have a sofa as did the last room. I was pretty confused as to why, two rooms in the same building, that were the same price, for the same number of people, could be so very different, the second one being a particular downgrade from the previous. This room however did feel much safer and had a much nicer sea view so I stuck it out for the remaining 8 days.
A room with a sea view is something that you supposedly pay extra for at the Flamboyan Caribe, something I did based on many of the reviews saying that it was worthwhile, however my friends who arrived on the same day were sharing a room of 3 and had not requested nor paid for a room with a sea view, yet much to my surprise they were given a very nice room on a high floor in the Flamboyan building with one of the best sea views the block had to offer. This is why I say that it is very much down to luck how enjoyable your stay is here, because the rooms vary so much.
It is also down to luck on what the levels of noise you will hear are. Personally, being on the ground floor at the end of the corridor, I was very close to the cleaners cupboard, from which they went to and from every morning with VERY noisy cleaning carts, to add to this, the walls are PAPER THIN. I also had the misfortune of having noisy next door neighbours who came back at 6am every morning, but because I am went out myself and came back at this hour, usually too tired to care, it didn't bother me too much. The only time the noise was a real on the one night I decided not to go clubbing and to have a normal nights sleep, I was woken up so often I was still tired in the morning.

Anwyay, to summarise…

Good Points:
1) LOCATION - At this hotel you are pretty much on both Magaluf beach and Magaluf STRIP, this is particularly good if you are up for clubbing/partying/drinking/socialising throughout the evening and into the morning, for families, I have no idea why you would come here.
2) HOT TUBS - are a nice addition. I didn't use the spa so I can't comment on how good that was.
3) SEA VIEWS - I would say they're worth the money but you might get one even if you don't pay for one, but I would MUCH rather be facing the sea than the never-ending noise of the strip.
4) CLEANLINESS - Room was cleaned thoroughly and daily and hotel in general appeared very clean.

Bad Points:
1) THIS HOTEL DOES NOT CHECK WRISTBANDS, which makes you feel as though there was no point in paying for food in the first place. Clear wristbands are given for bed and breakfast, and different colour wristbands are given for half board and full board. I personally didn't want to wear mine so kept mine in my bag with my room key all the time. In all my 8 days at the hotel where I had paid for breakfast I was NEVER asked to show my wristband when I went to get breakfast or to use the pool or hot tubs, so in other words, anyone can walk into breakfast and anyone can use the pool and hot tub facilities because there are no checks whatsoever which I thought was pretty poor.
2) ROOMS - You might get a modern or refurbished one or you might get a dated one, you might get a noisy one, you may not… nothing is guaranteed here, as I found out…
3) BAR - I had margarita cocktail at the bar and it was disgusting, only comparable to sea water. The lady who made it asked me if I liked it and when I told her I didn't she scowled at me and walked off, was pretty poor service.
4) BREAKFAST - There was a broad selection for most tastes but personally I've never seen watery string beans offered on the breakfast buffet, I am guessing it was leftover from dinner the night before. And as for the bacon, they may as well have labelled it as fat there was so little bacon in between, gross!

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. I'd much prefer to go a few hundred metres down the beach and staying at the Sol Wave House for a few extra £'s.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view, or pay for it to be guaranteed one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank nataliet19

The hotel is quite new.
The location during the day is perfect, in front of the beach. The problem is at night. Is just at the end of a busy street full of bars and young people drunk. If this is your plan is perfect. If you go with your partner and want relax you better pick another hotel or book in a low season time.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank laurasevillana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hi. everyone. We stayed at the flamboyan hotel many years ago and found that the hotel was nice, Food was good. Rooms were clean and tidy. Most of all there were a few amusing Spanish waiters that made us laugh all the time and that boosted our one week holiday there. Because we went in winter time. nearly all bars and restaurants were closed down as we were mislead by the travel agent. It stayed sunny all through the week. We had a good time on a half board basis. Thankyou so much for our stay.From a merseyside couple.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank fluffy007077

First impressions? Brilliant...
The hotel was lovely inside and out. The hotel is in the perfect location for a party holiday! As you step out of the gates from the hotel youre pretty much on the strip! I was suprised how close we was to everything!!
We stayed all inclusive and the food was brilliant... We only made breakfast once (but that was lovely). The food served for lunch and dinner was fantastic; there was always fresh fish/meat/salad available... there was a wide varitey of food to choose from... you would never be stuck for something to eat.
All inclusive drinks were served all day until 11pm...
The staff were very friendly and helpful! the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and up to date.
The pool was lovely and clean, the outside balcony from the bar looked out onto the sea... gorgeous!
Outside the front door you had the strip... outside the back door you was straight onto the beach... Perfect!
We didnt use a safe... we didnt even hide our belongings... the hotel was perfectly fine and we felt safe the whole time.
I have no idea why anybody would write a bad review on this hotel. I cannot think of one bad word to say apart from: If youre looking for a quiet family holiday.... go somewhere else!
This is a four star hotel and you can tell!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends