We stayed here during October half-term 2012 and couldn’t fault the place! We loved it and due to the low season we only paid £44 per room which for what we got was an absolute bargain!!
Admittedly, the hotel was extremely quiet and understandably it lacked the atmosphere that we should imagine the summer months would get with the DJ’s playing etc but for our short break it was perfect!
We had booked a standard double room but got upgraded to a suite with a huge bedroom area and also a separate living room with a second sofa and TV and another wardrobe.
The white decor in the apartment was super modern and clean and the bed was bigger than king size with amazing quality bedding!!!
There was a small kitchen area with everything you could need for making light lunches/snacks. The bathroom perhaps wasn’t as nice as the bedroom but it came with amenities and a wonderfully powerful walk in shower. Our 2 TV’s had loads of English channels including BBC1 & ITV etc.
The balcony was huge with a table and 4 chairs and looked over the pool and beach – it truly was a stunning view to wake up to each morning and from what I could gather all of the rooms face the pool and beach which is a nice touch!
The pool area is imaginative with 2 or 3 different pools plus wave machines and incredible amounts of loungers and sunbathing decks.
We had a hire car for the week and were able to use the hotels underground car park for free.
We didn’t have breakfast or use the bars in the hotel as it was too quiet but they seemed ok.
Our only criticism is that for a 4* hotel the staff were not overly friendly but seen as this hotel is probably geared up for younger people with money I doubt they would require the services of a friendly receptionist/concierge. Also, there should of been an iron in the room and there wasn't. We had to pay a non-refundable charge for an iron from reception and they didn’t have an ironing board to give us - apart from that I really couldn’t fault the place!
If you are intent on staying in Magaluf then I don’t think you will find a more modern, clean and classier hotel in such a great location! Well done Sol!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Hotels & Resorts presents Sol Wave House, first Tweet Experience Hotel, located on the beautiful sandy beach and in a great entertainment area. Enjoy our wave pools (*), sporting events, performances and DJs sessions. Our spectacular solarium of 2640 m2, offers panoramic sea views. Relax at the infinity pool, hammocks or Balinese beds VIP (*). Free WiFi access, stay connected , meet new people, be aware of exactly what's going on. Join our community and share your moments #SocialWave. Have a cocktail in our BANZAI BAR overlooking the sea or have a snack along the seafront promenade, overlooking the Infinity pool. The spacious and modern rooms with surfer design, equipped with air conditioning, LCD TV 32 '', mini fridge, free safe, hairdryer, power shower, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and furnished terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sol Wave House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hm Royal Beach Magalluf
- Hotel Hm Royal Beach
- Royal Beach Hotel Magaluf
- Sol Wave House Hotel Magaluf, Majorca