“Best hotel in Magaluf by a million miles!!!!”

Sol Wave House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Australia
“Best hotel in Magaluf by a million miles!!!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here during October half-term 2012 and couldn’t fault the place! We loved it and due to the low season we only paid £44 per room which for what we got was an absolute bargain!!

Admittedly, the hotel was extremely quiet and understandably it lacked the atmosphere that we should imagine the summer months would get with the DJ’s playing etc but for our short break it was perfect!

We had booked a standard double room but got upgraded to a suite with a huge bedroom area and also a separate living room with a second sofa and TV and another wardrobe.

The white decor in the apartment was super modern and clean and the bed was bigger than king size with amazing quality bedding!!!
There was a small kitchen area with everything you could need for making light lunches/snacks. The bathroom perhaps wasn’t as nice as the bedroom but it came with amenities and a wonderfully powerful walk in shower. Our 2 TV’s had loads of English channels including BBC1 & ITV etc.

The balcony was huge with a table and 4 chairs and looked over the pool and beach – it truly was a stunning view to wake up to each morning and from what I could gather all of the rooms face the pool and beach which is a nice touch!

The pool area is imaginative with 2 or 3 different pools plus wave machines and incredible amounts of loungers and sunbathing decks.

We had a hire car for the week and were able to use the hotels underground car park for free.

We didn’t have breakfast or use the bars in the hotel as it was too quiet but they seemed ok.

Our only criticism is that for a 4* hotel the staff were not overly friendly but seen as this hotel is probably geared up for younger people with money I doubt they would require the services of a friendly receptionist/concierge. Also, there should of been an iron in the room and there wasn't. We had to pay a non-refundable charge for an iron from reception and they didn’t have an ironing board to give us - apart from that I really couldn’t fault the place!

If you are intent on staying in Magaluf then I don’t think you will find a more modern, clean and classier hotel in such a great location! Well done Sol!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorldFoodSunLover
Sofia L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Wave House Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Amy-Chester-2012,
Thank you very much for your comments, It is very important for us to know that we exceed your expectations . We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in a near future.
Kinds Regards, Sofía Llambías E- Guest Experience

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
wales
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was not expecting much from this hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. We had originally booked the Guadalupe and were changed to this hotel at a late date as the Guadalupe was closing early. I had read that the wave house hotel was a youngsters hotel so was very apprehensive, especially after reading some of the reviews. However, at the time we went, which was beginning of November, there were not many people staying there and there was a mix of families and couples. No stags or hens! The hotel itself was impressive. We had a junior suite which was huge, overlooking the sea. The sunbathing and pools area was spotless and the wave machines looked great - not that we tried them! We only had breakfast and there was a great choice with both hot and cold selections. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.
Obviously, we went out of season so I'm sure it would have been a different matter if we had gone in mid summer - which we never would! However, we had absolutely no complaints and had a throughly lovely break.
Magalluf was very quite at this time of year with the only bars open being full of youngsters. We went to Palma Nova, just a 5 minute walk away, which suited us - a couple in our 50s - much better. Lots of good restaurants and family bars.

Room Tip: It seems that many rooms overlook the sea and the pool/entertainment area so I would imagine they wo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teacherneath
Dear teacherneath,
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel. I´ve passed to our staff and how you enjoy your last visit. We hope to see you again this year.
Kinds Regards,
Penryn, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staying in Sol Wave House with my 3 best friends for the typical "clubbing holiday" I was surprised at how lovely the hotel was. The receptionist was really friendly and good to talk to the staff really helpful and it was close to the strip so we could easily walk to and from it at stupid hours. The security there is quite tight so be careful if your planning on bringing someone back apart from that it is fully worth staying in. Although we were there for the clubbing side during the day we did see some families staying at the hotel and it was very tame during the day. Its literally facing the beach and watching the wave machine was lush! While swimming in the swimming pool you quite literally are facing the beach! Want to sun bathe? There are sun bed next to the swimming pool with the most amazing views.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ihavethreehearts
Dear ihavethreehearts,
Thank you very much for your lovely words about our staff and the hotel services.
We hope see you again this year.
Sincerely
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September for a few days in the Sun dur ing a six week europe trip. I ignored all the warnings on trip advisor- do not make the same mistake!

The check in process took close to 40 mins and that was just waiting in line. We we re given an upgrade by the lovely check in receptionist which was nice. Our room was big, very big. It had what they called a kitchenette bit all this contained was a miniature fridge and a sink.

All was reasonably nice, I felt we had maybe paid a little too much but at this stage I wasn't to o worried. Unfortunately my bf was a bit sick with the flu and after dinner we decided too have an early night. Do not, I repeat, do not stay here if you want to sleep! The rooms are not sound proofed at all, the clubs play extremely loud music until 6 am. That is when I got to sleep! 6am-10am. Luckily the next couple of nights it rained to the music stopped about 1-2am.

I know I made the mistake of ignoring warning s but it wasn't just the noise, the evening guy on reception was sooooo rude, there was no free WiFi (hello this is 2012, get with the times!), our bathroom was not clean and the toilet looked like it had been there for a good 20 years even though the rest of the bathroom kind of looked refurbed. So I wasn't surprised when two nights in a rrow it leaked and we were ankle deep in water. There was also nothing really Spanish about magaluf othere than the Mediterranean. Nearby restaurants sold English pub food and all the people working at the bar s and night clubs were also British or American.

I have heard the north of the island and the centre- Inca- is beautiful. I will certainly be saying there on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank rachele313
Sofia L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Wave House Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear rachele313,
We appreciate the comments that you gave us, these will help us to improve our Customer Service day a day.
Sorry if you felt that the attitude of our staff were inappropiate, I´ll make sure this does not happen again.
Also we will do our best in order to update some of bathroom facilities.
I hope that in your next visit, we can exceed all your expectations.
Kinds Regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Sole Wave House in September for 3 nights. I have to start off by saying there was a particular woman who worked at the front desk staff who I unfortunately don't recall her name, but she had light brown hair and green eyes, she was extrememly helpful. Everything she recommended was completely dead on, the italian restaurant she told us to go to was beautiful (Palma Nova), the food was fantastic as well. The next day she pointed out on a map another beach to visit for the day and it was absoulety stunning, it was called Playa Portals Vells! We are both greatful for her help. We are both in our mid thirty's and enjoy beaches, the Sol Wave House beach isn't the greatest. I also felt a little "old" as most guests I would say are in their early to mid 20s. Not to say that we didn't enjoy ourselves because we did, I would just try another part of the island next time. OK about the hotel it's self: the room was extremely spacious, very clean and comfortable. Only issue I had was when I threw a semi dirty towel on the ground, when we returned to our room the cleaning staff hung it back up. That kinda distrubed me, I would like to think if I threw a dirty towel on the floor as per the hanging instructions I would get a clean one in return. Besides that, the grounds are beautiful and modern looking, staff wonderful (breakfast staff and towel as well). Wifi is a bit expensive compared to other hotels, and I was a bit surprised that there are no hotel beach chairs? Or as far as I saw, the pool chairs on the ground floor you would need to pay $5 Euros for, not sure why as I thought it was part of the hotel, but I was mistaken, the only chairs included in your stay would be on the deck near the pool. Was fine for us but I thought all chairs would be included especially for the price paid for this stay. No issues with noise at all. Pleasant stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TdotSL
Sofia L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Wave House Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear SXM#1
Thank you so much for sharing you impressions and your lovely words about the hotel, the staff and also the island, we believe that it is only listening to your comments and suggestions that we can improve our service every day.
About our sun bed, are for free if you are guest of the hotel and you are not obligate to buy a drink, also we have a VIP area with white sunbeds that we offer you, the Sunbed the whole day & Fruit Stick per 5€, is an extra service that we want to offer to our guest. About the towel of your room I don’t know what could happen because we clean the room every day, we fell very sorry for the inconveniences caused. I have passed your comments to our housekeeping Manager and we will ensure that this does not happen again.
Remember that if you have any problem during your stay you can contact with reception 24 hs or solutions center, to help you in anything you need.
Hope that you visit us again. Kinds Regards Sofía Llambías E- Guest Experience
Wirral
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here in October. Paid for a junior suite, however on arrival was upgraded to a suite free of charge.
This hotel has it all for a stay in magaluf, location; at the bottom of the main strip and right on the beach front. Recently refurbished to a high standard with comfy beds. the suite consisted of a large main room with kitchen/breakfast bar attached, bathrrom with power shower/rain fall effect shower, toilet, basin and bidet. Also an addition room with 2 large wardrobes, sofa with pull out bed, foot rests, 32 inch flatscreen tv and lamp. Our room had a view over-looking the sea - stunning view.

Room Tip: hgher floors have a better view of the sea and beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel27101
Sofia L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Wave House Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hello Daniel27101
We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the suite room. Hope to see again soon at the sol Wave House. Sofía Llambías E-Guest Experience.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I loved the Sol Wave House Hotel! The location was perfect - close enough to all the action (bars, restaurants, shops etc.) but far enough so you couldn't hear any noise what so ever. Less than 5mins walk from the main strip. The hotel sits right on the beachfront - and all the rooms have a view of the beach. The wave/surfing machines were very cool, unique and definitely a point of interest in the hotel. It cost about 25euros for an hour. There is a bus stop just 3mins walk away, from where you can take buses to Palma if you wish. But because of the location of the hotel, you don’t need to take the bus anywhere, except to Palma, as everything else is within a short walking distance.

The rooms are spacious (3 of us stayed in a junior suite, but it can fit 4 very comfortably). There are good amenities in the room, such as a microwave, fridge (no freezer) and flat screen TV showing UK channels as well as French, Spanish and Russian amongst others. The beds are comfortable enough, the rooms are clean, and towels were changed everyday if you so wished. The staff were helpful and friendly.

We had the buffet breakfast each day - there was plenty of variety and the food was tasty. However, the juices were not freshly squeezed.

The infinity pool was gorgeous, and because we went in October, the sunbeds were never fully occupied - it was blissful not to have to fight over or wait around for available sunbeds.
The bar had some yummy drinks, all of which were reasonably priced for a lovely 4 star beachfront hotel (approx. 6 pounds for a mojito). We had brunch/English breakfast from the pool restaurant on the day we arrived and it cost just 6 pounds and was very delicious). So, the prices for food and drinks at the hotel were reasonable.

One disappointing aspect of the hotel, however, was that wifi is not complimentary and it costs an extortionate 11 euros (approx.. 10 pounds) per day to use wifi, and even then the wifi signal wasn't very strong.

Another thing to note is that you may want to take your travel iron with you. In order to use an iron, kettle or other electrical appliance, you have to put down a 20 euro refundable deposit and then it costs 4 euros per day to use the appliance.

This was certainly one of the best hotels in Magaluf (probably second only to Beach House which, by the way, is further down and therefore a good 12mins walk to the strip). Sol Wave is clean, well decorated with modern designs and the staff were friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I myself will stay here again if I go back to Mallorca!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a sea view. The higher the floor, the better I think. We stayed on the top (5th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Georgia B
Hello Georgia B,
We feel very happy that you had a nice stay in mallorca and enjoyed our hotel Sol Wave House.Thank you for choosing us and for your valuable time to send us your kind comments which we have analysed to take actions to improve our guest satisfaction and quality service. Kinds regards. Sofía Llambías E-Guest Experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaluf
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
#11 of 28 in Magaluf
Sol Beach House Mallorca
Sol Beach House Mallorca
#4 of 39 in Palmanova

Been to Sol Wave House Hotel? Share your experiences!