“AMAZING”

BH Mallorca
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
“AMAZING”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

10 young lasses, half of us where in the first hotel and the rest in the second we weren't really bothered. Just arriving we got hit with a 30 euro deposit fare enough if the room got trashed just reminded me of the inbetweeners rooms. Basically its somewhere to stay which we rarely slept came in every night morning at 6 o'clock best night life ever, we stayed 6th to 13th august right outside of everything the bars even a supermarket bcm isn't fare away either best week of mylife got to ser Calvin Harris and avicii made my holiday and mad some really good friends. I'd advice young ones to stay here if you want to have fun and party ignore the negative comments its what you make the holiday and you dont sleep! best week ever!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy H
Adam E, Overseas Delivery Manager at BH Mallorca, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Amy,

Thanks for reviewing Mallorca Rocks Hotel. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us! Definitely the place to be with a big group of friends!

I am glad to hear that you got to see some big acts at BCM. The Host Team within the hotel have access to discounted tickets for all of these events, along with Mallorca Rocks exclusive excursions.

See you next summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Amazing hotel cannot fault it, obviously not for families but it is amazing for anyone who wants to have a good time I recommend that if you do stay here it is for the typical 'Lads and Lasses' type of holiday. It is perfect for that!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your time at Mallorca Rocks!

Hopefully we will see you next Summer!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you're a group of youngish lads or lasses going to Magaluf then this is perfect for you. It's not where you'll want to go for a quiet family getaway, but if you're going to Maga as a youngster, you pretty much know why you're going there and this is great. I got to see acts like Ellie Goulding and DJ Fresh all included in my hotel bill. There was loud music blasting throughout the day from 10am. Probably not great if your room faces the swimming pool, but at least you can watch the live acts from your balcony if it is. Only thing is that you can' bring outsiders after a night out so either lay your foundations within the hotel, and go somewhere else after a successful night (e.g. the beach). You know what I'm talking about.

Room Tip: Get one facing away from the swimming pool. Loud music + hangover is not ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Michah,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both of the gigs while you were here, and the party atmosphere around the pool in the day time. We love knowing that our guests are having a great time.

Hopefully we will see you again next summer.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

“You’re staying at Mallorca Rocks? You posh…”

I won’t finish that sentence, but that’s what a friend said to me before my four day/three night trip to Magalluf. Sadly I had to inform her that it’s not quite as posh as she was expecting.

Firstly, I wish to admit to a couple of things :
1 – I didn’t quite have the full ‘Rocks experience’ as there were no gigs when I went.
2 – At 28 years old I am probably just outside their target market.

As a marketing exercise it is hard not to admire the work that has gone into Mallorca Rocks; it clearly makes a lot of money. You simply have to walk around Magalluf to see the many people wearing Mallorca Rocks merchandise, even those who are not wearing the tell-tale Mallorca Rocks guest wristbands. Mallorca Rocks and its sister hotel in Ibiza definitely have a degree of brand power in the Balearics. However, it would be nice to see some of that money reinvested into the facilities.

Mallorca Rocks is a rebrand of a hotel built in the late 1980s and the evidence is there to see in the rooms, which bear emergency signage emblazoned with the previous name. The furniture appears to be of similar vintage, as do the fixtures and fittings. The décor features some bright pictures on the walls and a shower curtain in the bathroom and stickers on the balcony doors to remind you that you’re in the Mallorca Rocks hotel. The refurbishment is topped off with the addition of dark grey curtains and upholstery… that’s about it. If you came to this hotel in its previous incarnation I’d imagine you would hardly notice the difference.

The rooms are your typical Spanish resort hotel offerings, which even led on of our group to say that he was suffering a bout of deja-vu. The rooms feature a small kitchenette with breakfast bar, a bathroom with the standard bidet, a living room with sofa that can be made into two beds, a separate bedroom and a large balcony with access from the bedroom and living room. The bedroom features a safe, which is an optional extra and has to be paid for at reception.

Our room was quite clean, though the room occupied by the rest of the group had clearly seen better days with a lot of wear and tear to the room. Our sliding door showed the signs of a previous attempt to gain access from outside. There was no point in complaining as we were only there for a few days and from reading previous reviews I expected it.

On check-in we were asked to pay the expected €30 deposit, which is standard in many Magalluf hotels, and indeed those in other Spanish resorts. That said, I am not quite sure how it would have been possible to cause that much damage. I look at it with a positive slant and see it as Mallorca Rocks making sure I have some money left over for my last day.

It would be easy at this point to think that this was an entirely negative review. In fact, the hotel has targeted its offering beautifully and if you are young, or young at heart, you’ll more than likely enjoy the place as long as you take precautions around personal safety and security. The pool is absolutely huge and has a varied selection of music pumping out all day, every day. The hotel also features a poolside bar and eatery along with the Mallorca Rocks shop where you can deck yourself out in the ubiquitous Rocks vest and beach bag ensemble.

Across the road you have a doctor’s surgery and the Fiesta Sahara hotel, which has a shower room for the use of guests leaving the resort after the 11am check-out time at Mallorca Rocks.
There are also a number of supermarkets and fast food restaurants (Burger King, McDonald’s KFC and Subway) nearby and the hotel is situated a short distance from the beach. If you are heading to the strip you will find it a short distance away.

One way to access the strip is through BCM square, situated behind the famous BCM nightclub. This obstacle course of PRs, rodeo bulls and ridiculously cheap drinks offers could easily keep you occupied all night.

I can’t really complain about the noise at the hotel, though I imagine it would be a different story during the season. However, the behaviour of some guests left a lot to be desired.

On one evening I heard a loud smashing noise from outside, then another, then another. Some idiots from the floor below had decided that they weren’t too keen on the crockery in their room and that the best way to deal with it would be to throw it at the fence bounding the astroturf pitch. A few minutes later I saw a lightbulb flying through the air, which had come from the same room. As ash-uk69 has already stated, security were called. This is exactly why you have to put up with paying a deposit and no doubt why there is little investment in the guest facilities.

Mallorca Rocks isn’t a luxury hotel. In fact, if I were after luxury I wouldn’t even look at Magalluf. What Mallorca Rocks is, is a reasonably priced place to get your head down after a hard night partying with a killer USP (the gigs). Despite my gripes about the standard of the accommodation it’s actually par for the course for this price range in this part of the world, I guess I just expected a bit more because of all the hype and clever marketing about the place.

If you’re going during the gig season I can imagine that Mallorca Rocks will actually be a brilliant place to stay. I know I certainly would like to have seen the likes of The Courteeners and Ellie Goulding from my balcony, but when you take away the gigs… Mallorca Rocks is pretty standard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Si-S1985
CursachHotels, Guest Relations Manager at BH Mallorca, responded to this review, April 7, 2016
Cursach Hotel Group have made some incredible improvements since your last visit!

The new management have created the ultimate 4 star Magaluf experience – adults only waterpark, exclusive Beach Club and the world’s most famous DJs performing for residents and guests under the Balearic stars!

We’d like to thank you for taking time to leave a review and sincerely hope that you will come back soon – we’re sure you won’t be disappointed!
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Well this is my second time staying here I had no complaints the first time, but this was a disaster as we were placed in a hotel across the street which I thought was a disgrace, as I did not want to stay there!!! I told them I wasn't happy but they were so unhelpful and just didn't seem to care it was there mistake for over booking! Not mine! And there was no compensation or even an apology! Will not be booking here again when I return to Magaluf! Totally disgusted!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Seaneen M
Thanks for taking the time to review Mallorca Rocks Hotel.

I am ever so sorry to hear about you being moved to our partner hotel, but as mentioned by the Hotel staff and the Host Team, we have many rooms within our partner hotel specificially for Mallorca Rocks guests.

We do hope to see you soon
Lancashire
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week, granted was last week of season. Arrived early eve check in was ok but was then hit with €30 euro deposit.. Per person. I didn't appreciate this as I'm not a young party goer, likely to trash the room nor were my room mates.
Walked across the pool area to get to my room an when there was disappointed with the facility, tired, knackered, damaged furniture but given i was only staying 3 nights I didn't bother. Ironic we'd been asked to leave a deposit tho.. €90 would have replaced the whole room..!
Pool was quite nice, music booming all day was annoying and poor sound quality. Very much a hotel for younger persons, I'm 44.
During the stay was impressed to see other residents emptying their room over the 3rd floor balcony, balcony furniture, crockery and light bulbs too.. Had to call reception.
Very good location for night life and beach. All in all it served a purpose. Wouldn't book here for a lengthy stay, more suited for younger revellers.
Pint of fosters €3.70. Luggage room available on departure day and shower room at hotel across the road available too.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ash-uk69
Thank you for leaving your review for Mallorca Rocks Hotel.

The 30 euro deposit is mandatory across the Rocks Hotels, and the vast majority of hotels in Spain. This is just to ensure that all of the rooms a treated with respect by all of our guests.

As you mention, we do have a party atmosphere around the pool every day, with 3 live DJs on rotation throughout the week across 2 pool areas, there is always a different vibe. Also you mention the hotels location. Central to BCM nightclub, the beach and Magaluf Strip - it is never more than a 5 minute walk to get to anywhere.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Probably the best week of my life so far, everything about the hotel and staff were what you'd expect and the team, especially Sammie Argyle were very helpful and provided information which enabled me to have an amazing week!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Marcfaraci
Thanks so much for reviewing Mallorca Rocks!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us - and we hope to see you again next year!