“OK, but...”

and 1 more site!
Ca'n Reus Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fornalutx
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved the village and the views from the Hotel are stunning. On entering the room we were impressed with the space, airiness and cleanliness.
Unfortunately the room was directly below the kitchen which meant that a lie in was not an option due to the noise. It also had a problem of a sewage type odour at the terrace end. Both of these issues are probably only particular to the one room.
I would not stay in this hotel again. For me the host was the issue, it almost appeared that we inconvenienced them by staying. Having said this, reading the other reviews our experience may be isolated - i would go back to the village, but would find alternative accommodation!

Room Tip: If you do consider this hotel, ensure you dont stay at the level below the Kitchen/breakfast area!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed in the Puig Major suite. traditional with no mod cons, but very well furnished and comfortable bed. great views out over the valley. The whole stay was out of this world. Great breakfasts, useful advice on walks (the one down from the restaurant Mirador to the bay at Tuent was wonderful) and generally the best antidote to the stresses of life we have had in ages. Nick offered good advice on restaurants and the local area. Gutted that we weren't there for one of the evenings when he cooks. The pool and sunbathing area is quite small, but perfectly adequate for the number of rooms. Sitting out at night enjoying a glass of local wine from the honesty bar and looking up at the stars took your breath away. Only downers were that our following few days on the coast was a let down. We also took a trip to Valldemossa which was really busy and touristy compared to beatiful Fornalutx (which i still struggle to pronounce). The perfect place for a romantic long weekend

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My girlfriend and myself stayed in the Tomir room in April 2013. The hotel is situated in the picturesque town of Fornalutx in the mountainous region of Majorca.

The hotel is charming and is lovingly looked after with obvious care and attention to detail. The breakfasts were lovely and were enjoyed sitting out on the terrace with quite literally the most breathtaking view of the valley. I can't think of a more perfect setting to start the day.

There is a well-kept garden and pool, although we didn't swim. If you go at the right time of year I highly recommend you try the oranges, straight from the tree.

The hosts Nick and Sue were charming and very helpful, giving us good advice about the local area and things to do. On the Sunday before we left, Nick cooked for us and some of the other guests, I must say it was one of the best meals we had in Majorca.

Ca'n Reus Hotel really is something special.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really could not recommend this hotel more highly. A few friends and I went in late April, for a quiet break to escape the stress of the city. We were overwhelmed not only by the beauty of the hotel and its magnificent surroundings, but also by the lengths that our hosts had gone to to ensure that we truly enjoyed and got the most out of the trip.

The hotel is located in Fornalutx a small, friendly village nestled in the mountainous region of North Western Mallorca Island. As such, the journey to the hotel on arriving in Mallorca was a relaxed sequence of picturesque mountain views and winding coastal roads - my expectations were peaked - the hotel already had a lot to live up to. It more than delivered.

On arrival in Fornalutx, as we approached the hotel, my first memory was of the wonderful smell of flowers which enveloped us as we approached the entrance. I am surprised so few people have mentioned this in their reviews as it really was a remarkable first impression. The hotel itself was was something akin to a large villa that with it's Mallorcan themed decor retained a rustic and authentic spanish feel without reducing itself to cliche or excess. The rooms were spacious and well decorated with comfortable, generously sized beds which catered for a relaxed, undisturbed nights sleep.

We had already been advised by Nick and Sue (the hotel owners) of several excursions we might undertake during the course of our stay; and on the first day we opted to go boating from the nearby town of Soller. So, after a wonderful continental breakfast served by waitresses who I also found to be very gracious and accommodating, we were off!

Without going into too much detail my friends and I enjoyed our boat ride and, on subsequent days, hired bicycles and went for various walks. This culminated (on the 4th day of our stay) in a wonderful hike through the mountains, which was so beautiful I almost used all the memory on my phone trying to take photos! I think the fact we were joined by Nick and Sue who coordinated the foray, ensured we were well watered and fed, guided us to the most sensible routes and explained some of the local history only served to add a sense of cohesiveness to the whole experience and make us feel that we were truly a part of something special!

It is difficult, to incorporate everything I enjoyed about my stay in Ca'n Reus into this one meager review; I could, for example, continue to wax lyrical about the flexibility of our hosts when, after our night out in the town, they served a late breakfast in the (very beautiful) hotel garden - well outside of the scheduled breakfast times. They had realised we may be feeling a little worse for wear after our indulgences and reacted accordingly! I could also highlight their kindness in providing a wonderful home cooked evening meal on the final night, which we enjoyed together with the other patrons and Nick and Sue themselves.

Suffice to say, to a large extent the degree to which you enjoy a holiday is inevitably based on the circumstances of your accommodation and we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday, in no small part due to the beauty of our surrounding, the catering, the cleanliness and comfort of our spacious rooms and the company of our hosts which came as part of our accommodation package. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask Nick and Sue for a recommendation!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went in late April and had perfect weather for the duration of our stay. After the long British winter Mallorca had everything we could have wanted to warm the soul. Fornalutx is a charming mountain village and was the perfect base for an action packed holiday and indeed this whole area of the island is blessed with stunning landscape.

There are some great hikes nearby - we took two of the routes recommended by Sue which were good fun and showcased some of fantastic views from the Tarantuna mountains. We also cycled from Bunyola to Alaro which was a nice relaxed route and pretty flay.

The hotel breakfast - a selection of quiches, pastries, cereals, fruit and fried options - was fantastic and plentiful and the perfect preparation for a day of hiking. We also had a lovely meal cooked by Nick on the Sunday.

All in all it was a great trip!

Room Tip: Mountain view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in a really lovely location in the centre of Fornaluxt. We ended up spending 6 nights there because of a mix up with some of our other accommodation. We walked every day and had fantastic walks without driving too far . The walks suggested by Sue in he information are all very good . The breakfasts were wonderful without a doubt. The garden and swimming pool are lovely and so nice to come back and relax after a days walking. We stayed in both Puig Major suite and L'offre and I must say we preferred L'Offre ( the cheaper room ) as it is much lighter.
So that's all the good things.
My niggle was the hospitality and you will find several other reviews who refer to this . When you go to a small hotel like this you want to feel welcome and you want o feel that your custom matters to the owners . Well I didn't . The man Nick never spoke at all - not even to respond to a good morning greeting and there was not much more from Sue. We missed the meal they prepared as we left that day so maybe there was more hospitality at hat meal . So I was underwhelmed by the hospitality and felt a bit like a mere commodity . It didn't bother my husband at all . He did not feel it was very hospitable but just got on with his holiday . The fact is that I know I would not give this plce my custom again as I know from experience what joy good hospitality is and we certainly had that in the irate hotel we stayed in at the beginning of the holiday.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A wonderfully relaxing weekend with friends at this lovely hotel. Fantastic breakfasts, comfortable rooms. Excellent service and welcome. The hotel is situated in one of the loveliest villages in Majorca, with good views. A real gem. We have all stayed before and will keep returning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ELIZABETH M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fornalutx
0 mi away
#2 of 8 in Port de Soller
Hotel El Guia
Hotel El Guia
#23 of 37 in Soller

Been to Ca'n Reus Hotel? Share your experiences!