“Dreadful customer service”

Sa Aturada
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Fornalutx
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small street-side restaurant about 200 meters west of Fornalutx main square.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We saw a few tables free at this restaurant and decided to give it a try without having a reservation.
We went to the entrance hoping to be welcomed and promply seated. We were ignored by three passing staff and had to make the first move and request a table.
We were ushered to a table and given menus.
I found the menu uninspiring and when we ordered the waiter was sullen and abrupt.
We waited half an hour for our starters which were decidedly average.
I ordered prawn and mushroom risotto for 15 euros. When it arrived, the portion was tiny and the mushrooms tasted off. I refused to eat it and sent it back, not bothering with another order.The waiter stated that nobody had ever complained about the dish before.
After this, staff were staring at me in a most sinister manner as they passed our table. We felt that we were not welcome at this restaurant.
This establishment drastically needs a lesson in hospitality.
We were definitely not going to return to Sa Aturada.

2  Thank ClintBolton

Reviewed July 31, 2013

As others have said, this restaurant may not have the spectacular views of the places up the hill, but it certainly makes up for that with its friendly service and laid-back vibe. I've eaten in all the restaurants in Fornalutx and this one is the one I continue to return to. Always worth asking what the fish of the day is. I had a very memorable turbot one evening. It's not cheap, but then none of the restaurants in Fornalutx are. You do really feel that the manager/owner cares about his customers, he's attentive but not at all intrusive. Sitting outside on a warm evening taking advantage of the WI-FI and enjoying their very good coffee you can watch the world go by.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have eaten in Fornalutx many times, but this was my first visit to this restaurant. I was very impressed. Although, as others have said, the restaurant lacks the spectacular views of Es Turo and Ca'Nantuna further up the hill, the food was really excellent and the service friendly and efficient.

My friend and I went there for a mid week dinner. We shared a very generous portion of padron peppers to start which were delicious, followed by pasta dishes - she had the prawn lasagne and I the salmon tagliatelle, both of which were excellent - with a shared mixed salad on the side. We then shared a tarte tatin with vanilla ice cream for dessert, which was also very good. Three glasses of house red between us and a bottle of sparkling water and the bill came to 57 Euros. Pretty good value given the quality of the food and the size of the portions.

Definitely a restaurant I will return to.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Sa Aturada for our first night's stay in Fornalutx. Though it doesn't quite have the view of some other Fornalutx restaurants, it was one of our favourite meals.

The food is simple and delicious (we had pa amb oli and a beef carpaccio salad with a €8 bottle of house rose wine) and it was really really tasty. The service was friendly and it was great value for money. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank eam51
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food here is very nice and reasonably priced. The service is relaxed but warm. Very child friendly and generally highly recommended