The Good: Fantastic food, beautiful pools, fab spa pools, lovely grounds. The rooms were entirely functional (not ones you would want to spend time time in necessarily) with comfortable beds, space, TVs and good bathrooms. The food really was amazing with something for everybody and the chefs and service was lovely. Nice public spaces, kids entertainment in the evening.
Things to think about are the location: the town is some way from the mountains, Palma and the chic areas of the island. Colonia is, however, a really nice little town and has access to some lovely beaches, although the hotel is a short distance from both. We would not choose this hotel for a holiday, but it was a very practical place to stay as a base for other things we were doing.
The Bad: We were there in half term when there were lots of kids and the pools were quite cold. The indoor spa pools were only open for 2x1hr sessions a day for the children and i couldnt help thinking that they should have been more available for the children in the shoulder season. While we were there there was a terrible storm that closed the outdoor pools for 2 days (and the tennis courts) and they still didnt make the indoor warm pools available to the kids.
The storm ripped the roof off of our hotel room filling it with water. We were offered no help to go into what had become a dangerous demolition site, collect all of our belongings and pack them up and move them. The hotel did arrange for all of our wet clothes to be laundered.
The hotel is very large: some of the blocks are a long walk from the restaurant and reception which should be considered for anybody struggling with walking. We arrived very late at night and were not shown to our room: it took us 1/2 hr of wandering around lost to find it.
The Ugly: There was a little female lifeguard in the pool that intimidated the children (and hence me) the whole time we were there. She clearly had no tolerance at all for kids and particularly resented the fact that they were allowed access to the spa pools for 2 sessions a day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort is located on one of the most beautiful and well-preserved beaches in Mallorca, Es Trenc. Our hotel is built on 8 hectares of land. Colonia Sant Jordi Club offers 192 double rooms and 203 family suites spread out over two to three storey buildings.Numerous patios, tranquil gardens, fountains and beautiful lakes are located throughout the premises of Colonia Sant Jordi. Children will enjoy the large pine forest and special facilities designed especially for them. Discover our wide range of leisure and sports activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Club Hotel Colonia De Sant Jordi
- Colonia Sant Jordi Hotel
- Colonia Sant Jordi De
- Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort & Spa Colonia De Sant Jordi, Majorca