“For Majorca, a nice Hotel”

Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort & Spa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just got back from six days at the Blau colonial, first impression was very good, nice lobby, excellent girl at check in, she gave us all the information in perfect English and was very professional.
Hotel is made up of small blocks, we were in block one which was a suite, TV all for German and Spanish guest, not even a English news channel , room was tidy but as im 52 years of age and they say you spend an average of a third of your life asleep, so that makes a total of about 17 years I have been sleeping, I have never in all that time slept on a bed so hard, I have spent more comfortable nights in a police cell.
If I may make a suggestion would the hotel manage like to try spending at least two nights in said beds then I am sure he or she would replace them all asap.
Nice grounds to the hotel, with plenty of greenery, two pools but one was split in to four separate areas to cater for adults and kids, what I did see of the kids club it seemed very very good, excellent Spa area, but beware, the foreign guest like to use it naked, not like most Brits who keep covered up for some unknown reason., plenty of car parking.
Usual buffet style food again geared up for our German friends but was edible, very good staff in the restaurant area kept tables clear.
There was Entertainment every night by the pool area but we only watched it one evening but it very good for a holiday hotel, hotel and grounds were very clean and tidy, now the $64,000 question, would I stay there again, yes I would but only if I knew they had changed the mattresses.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra and have a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A S

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Definetely family-style resort with pools, spa and tennis courts. Nice, spacious rooms with gardens. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere. 15 min walk to the beach with option beach-bus. Disadvantages: unpolite receptionists, no WIFI (broken), animations mainly only in German.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the ground floor - it has nice garden.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had a fantastic stay there. Great location, located right at the border of the city, and minutes from shops and stores. Top notch food, large variety of dinner meals and great breakfast. Rooms are nice, very clean and pleasant enough. Bathroom clean and with basic amenities.
AC is super quiet and really efficient. Standard rooms have a little balcony.
If you choose to relax and not go to the beach, there's many outdoor swimming pools, some for kids.
Great value for your money! I have been in other hotels in the area and this one is tops.
Staff is very nice and helpful, multilingual, with a slight preference for German :)
The only potential minus is the cleaning staff, which knocks on doors even if you have the DND sign on, or rattles their gear as early as 8:00AM, but that's more a Spanish custom and not specific to this hotel. Another minus (or plus, if you have a family) is the myriad of kids running around :) I find them rather cute, but some are crying loudly sometimes, which might diminish your experience of a romantic evening with your spouse or significant other.
If I had to find one thing to complain about, really, that would be the minuscule in-room safe, you wouldnt be able to store in there more than a couple things and definitely not a tablet or 14" laptop.

Room Tip: there are 5 buildings, E2 and E3 being the closest to the pools and animation, E1, E4 and E5 being t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bunbunbun_d
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Am sitting here by the pools.....at Blau Colonia Sant Jordi as I write. Wow!....This is NOT for business people unless they brong a 'colleague'. SS should have stayed elsewhere or relaxed. This is a middle class, hotel for intelligent, relaxed families who want to relax and watch the children do likewise.
The clientel is mainly German and 99% are great people. Not many Brits, and no lagerlouts. EXCELLENT!
Pools are great, in effect six in all from 10 inches to 8 ft.........something for everyone.
Food is NOT the same everyday. It is excellent.
Staff are friendly and most speal sufficient English amd certaily more Spanish, German of French than I.
Rooms are OK. Not 5 star, but sufficient for the time we are spending in it. As good as most UK hotels, but do need coffee and tea. The fridge is fine for water, beer and vino.
We are in block 4...100 yards from late music.Blocks 1 and one will be niosy, if you want peace. If you have kids, they will be enjoying the entertainment, so no worry.
Facilities are EXCELLENT. Pools, gardens, reception, games etc. We gave to try everything, adventure is the key.
Overall we, my wife and old boy are impressed. VERY.
If you want a relaxed, friendly family holiday withgood familIes around you. Come here.
If you want business class, maybe not.
If you want great food in lovely relaxed surroundings, come here.
I lived in Bermuda for 12 years, this is as good as anything there and does not cost $500 per night.

So far so good. Well done Blau. But can I have a coffee machine porfavor?

Room Tip: Maybe as for block 4 or 5
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ricardotempest
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for one week with half board. The resort var clean and especially the big garden was nice. Tennis lovers will adore this place with several tenniscourts and a spa. The junior suite was big enough for two adoults and two kids. Overall the standard was over my expectations. The dinner restaurant was divied in the simular sections
with a cheif for each who grilled food on request. The out door section was two small. In general
the food was just avarage.

Room Tip: I think all rooms looks the same, ask for a room a little a way from the entertaiment show if you ha...
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am writing once again about this resort. We stayed in the hotel second consecutive year. I will try to write really trustful review. I stayed in the hotel with my wife and 7 years old daughter for one week in first half of July 2013.. I booked it via the hotels4u.com 2 days prior to our departure. In my request I stated that I require room in block 4 and exact room number (4116). We were given what we required, it was great. Check – in was fast and efficient. In some previous reviews was written that staff can not speak English, it is really true but people at the reception can speak well.

The hotel itself is placed at the entrance to Colonia Sant Jordi in quiet area. Generally, the layout of the hotel is excellent. The main features of the hotel are its gardens, gardeners work really hard to maintain it. Our room ( suite) was spacious and well decorated, towels were changed according to our wish, room cleaned every day, staff did not enter when we were in. The best thing about suite (family room) is terrace it provided us with additional comfortable space. Last year I described minor issue with sofa bed which is placed in small living room. Last year it was not functional (left part offrame was broken) and was curious if they fixed it, unfortunately not, anyway I found way how to convert it to bed.
Another good thing about hotel is parking, there is plenty of space which is not common for rest of hotels in Clonia Sant Jordi. Parking lot extends from hotel entrance along with salt lake and behind the corner (exit to Plama or Santanyi). I recommend to rent a car for whole stay if you want to fully enjoy Mallorca.
The hotel also owns the shopping place where you can buy some groceries and another useful stuff for leisure activities. I noticed they display in their market bottles of water behind show – window, I think it is not properly stored when there are sunny days.

Breakfast and dinner were above standard with nice selection. Last year I could see some work of art at the buffet desk in dining area, it was created from water melons. This year it was there again. The staff serving in the hotel restaurants was helpful and friendly. They were speaking mainly Spanish and German. I would point out on Isabel performance, she was really brilliant even if we met only during breakfast, also cook (chef) Jirka preparing fresh meals was excellent. Do not be afraid, dinner time is split to two shifts. First shift starts from 18.30 to 20.00 second from 20.30 to 22.00. Sometimes it is hard to make proper decision (you have to do it at the beginning of your stay).
Almost all guests there were from German speaking countries. It could seem to be annoying but it is on the contrary, I did not find rude or unpleasant guests. There are mainly families with kids with good breeding and right manners.
All hotels in Colonia Sant Jordi benefit from Es Trenc beach, Blau Colonia Sant Jordi is not far from famous Es Trenc. This year we found out that the best is to get near to Es Marques hotel and walk from that point. To get to Es Marques from Blau Colonia Sant Jordi hotel you can use walk (10 min) or use shuttle bus (free of charge) or use rental car. If you want to use rental car and park nearby Es Marques you will pay 5 euros for whole day. In comparison in Es Trenc you will pay 6 euros a day.
Coming back to Es Trenc, from Es Marques point it takes from 20 to 25 minutes to get to the best and unspoilt part of the beach. Part of Es Trenc belongs to nudists, we got used to it from last year but when we were there this year they moved to “ our place “ and I could see that some families with kids were not happy.

I liked the hotel, I recommend to everyone, you will not make mistake if you chose it.

Room Tip: Block 4 or 5 - very quite place.
1  Thank Ivanzv
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is clean and the food varied, tasty and fresh. The director is very involved (I think she is Swiss) and runs the hotel very efficiently. The pools are clean and inviting. Regular shuttle bus to Es Trenc, a beautiful beach, but don't go there if you are not comfortable with nudists! The harbour area is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The children (10 & 12) enjoyed the kids' activities. Evening entertainment of a high quality though starts late in the evenings. We had a quiet room. It was not really so spacious but fine for the amount of time we spent there.

Room Tip: Rooms in buildin 5 are quiet.
3  Thank Riana66