“Great hotel”

Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was a gem. I visit Majorca as often as I can as flying from Southend for me is so easy now. Normally head for Puerto Pollenca but fancied a change. The hotel is immaculate, room service was the best I have ever experienced on a budget holiday. Staff were helpful and pleasant, although very busy. Guest we're mostly German, Italian or French, not many British, but everyone was friendly and I really enjoyed this aspect of the holiday. No towels on sunbeds here, plenty of room, pool area was well kept.
The resort is quiet so if u r looking for a peaceful break this is for you. The hotel is on a buff with amazing views across the Med. Plenty of walking to be done and there is a wooden walkway which follows the coast - perfect for those of you that run!
To finish with my only criticism - I chose the All Inclusive option which is something I probably would not do again if I went back. Lunch and breakfast were great with a lots of choice. Evening meal was a bit hit and miss and extremely busy, but it was good value for money. Did not suit me though as I prefer to eat local Spanish food and the hotel had themed "country" evenings, some excellent, some not but there was always something to be had which they cooked fresh while u wait. The staff at dinner worked very hard to turn the seating around but because there was not enough of them they often failed but that was not because they did not try extremely hard. This is the only reason I did not give this hotel 5* rating but it is as much to do with my personal expectations.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Go try it, beautiful location, first class hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor, views are spectacular!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Julie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in September. We booked because previous reviews had said it was relaxing & quiet & great for adults wanting a relaxing break.
I have to say I can't agree with previous comments about it being dated & in the 80's we thought the opposite, it was very clean everywhere in our room, restaurant, reception, bar etc.. The design is what we would expect & nothing dated about it at all.
On arrival we were given the wrong room as we paid extra for a bigger & guaranteed double bed. We got this on the third night, I believe it's the booking agents that were at fault. The reception staff were extremely friendly & helpful & did rectify this for us.
Our room(s) were lovely, though the beds are extremely hard! The showers were brilliant & didn't drop in water pressure at all.

We were all inclusive which we found great, there was a good choice & selection of food for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Snacks & fruit during the day. However in the evening we did have a problem with the waiter staff in the restaurant, basically If you were all inclusive you got ignored & one evening we even finished laying our own table!! We never got asked if we wanted a drink, we in the end got it from the bar & took it with us!! If you were a paying guest you got shown to a table & drinks order taken!! Just because we paid in advance doesn't make us second class & we shouldn't be ignored! This issue needs serious addressing by management!!

The views from the rooms are all sea view & beautiful, there is a board walk which you can follow all along the sea front, this was relaxing & just lovely to do, the port isn't far about a 15-20 minute walk and again lovely & relaxing & there is a sandy beach.
Even though the hotel was full, you don't at any point feel like you are cramped or on top of other guests. The pool was great with plenty of sun loungers & on none of the days did we struggle to get two, there are plenty for everyone. Nor did we find them taken up by towels!! Yes there were very few English there, mostly Germans, but this didn't bother us, we were on holiday & wherever you go there will be all nationalities! Also on a good weather basis, breakfast & lunch can be taken on the terrace which was very nice.
We felt that there was not enough staff to go around, though we were not kept waiting long whenever we wanted a drink from the bar. The staff worked very hard to please guests, however the short restaurant manager was abrupt towards them which we felt was not deserved especially in front of guests.
Our overall stay was great & we will definitely book to go back, we loved the fact it's not an all night/day party hotel, it's just perfect to relax & ticked all of our boxes.
Thank you to the staff that work so hard.

3 Thank travel261070
uk
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Like going back to the 1980s old fashioned but great for all that. This is full of Germans with full compliment of early morning towel appearances
But rooms nice, location great, food German. Quiet chilled out dont expect all night live, booze filled experience.

1 Thank Tazo101
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Spent only one night here as part of a Eurobike tour & was sad to leave.
Our room was on the 10th floor & what a view! Room were clean & modern, although small but that's the norm in Spain.
Buffet for dinner & breakfast was superb. Lots of choice & good service.
Highly recommend this place.

2 Thank flintstonemama
Putte, Belgium
Reviewed September 8, 2013

great location at seaside! great views from the room with balcony, very friendly and helpful staff, perfect 25m swimming pool for training with good water-quality, enough sunbeds for every-one, good bike rental at hotel, late breakfast outside with lots of fruits, fun with animation-team, spanish classes in hotel....quiet environment.
beds rather hard, food had a great taste, but too fat for a sportive woman as I am.
Good price-quality rate!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kristienvdm
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a 1 week stay at Sur Mallorca, fabulous service, clean rooms, staff were very good, food was very variable and good, location was good but was a bit far from the sandy beach, 10 minute walk from the local shops but in a nice circle of hotels. Only let down was there was no kids club or activities at all and entertainment could have been a bit better. But overall brilliant stay and service and stay, fabulous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Vennicea R
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have just returned home from staying at THB Sur Majorca. I found the hotel to be nice and clean, staff are friendly, albeit a few who I found to be quite dismissive. The staff here I found worked very hard and very long hours, although I personally thought that there wasn't nearly enough bar staff for the amount of people staying at the hotel. I stayed all inclusive and the food at the restaurant was variable. I booked this hotel/holiday via the internet and found out the next morning when I went down to breakfast that there is NO MINI-CLUB. The kids pool I found to be quite dangerous as it's right near the deep end of the adult pool and a child can very easily fall into the deep end (although there is a life guard present) if not supervised by parent(s). I personally will not be returning to this hotel, provisionally because it had no Mini Club and my 4 year old daughter was a bit bored. Hotel transfer is more like 1 hour rather than 40 mins as described.

Room Tip: Stayed in the 10th Floor and views were fantastic, but children must be supervised!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family