Hotel whala!balmes
Hotel JS Palma Stay(Can Pastilla)
$151
  • Pool
Hotel Helios Mallorca(Can Pastilla)
$96
Hotels.com
$173
$123
Balear(Can Pastilla)
$118
  • Breakfast included
BQ Apolo Hotel(Can Pastilla)
$125
$118
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Nautic Hotel & Spa(Can Pastilla)
$160
$133
AluaSoul Palma(Can Pastilla)
$157
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Amic Miraflores(Can Pastilla)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Rodes(Can Pastilla)(Great Value!)
$124
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Roc Linda(Can Pastilla)
$150
$140
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just went to Hotel Balmes in august with my boyfriend. I had to write a review because before going I read some of the reviews of this page and now after going there myself I think many of the reviews don't do justice to the place.
First of all: the hotel is in excellent condition. The staff was very nice and helpful. They arranged tours for us, looked at train timetables for us and so on. And they were always interested to know if we were having a good time.
There was a review here about the doors that couldn't be locked from the inside. That's not true, I locked my door every night.
Food was great. I only had the breakfast buffet and that was fine with me because we went on trips almost every day so the full board would have been pointless.
Swimming pool was small but you could definitively swim in it! No problem. And with the beach so near, why complain?
There was no problem with the airport being near. There were no disturbing sounds. Ca'n Pastilla is very calm and safe.
The only little problem was that on the day we arrived, they didn't have a room for two persons. The first night we slept in small rooms for one. But they offered free full board on our first day! And the next day because the trading of rooms took longer than they had expected, they offered us free lunch. Which was nice...
Thank you Hotel Balmes! I enjoyed it a lot! I wish one day I can come back...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nordic_chic
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Located only 10 mins drive and 12 euro worth of taxi rate from Palma city. Located 20 meters from the beach and 5 mins drive from airport. Paid great rate for half board, but sign at recepetion also offers to upgrade to all inclusive for 11 euro per day, which must be great if you stay with kids!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NikoCHka
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The reception staff at this hotel were brilliant.
The hotel is quite tired and dated but was really clean. The room we were given on arrival had a balcony but with a dreadful view. We would never have sat out on the balcony and looked onto a building roof and wall.We were upgraded after a couple of days and the room was much better and had a full size bath.
Housekeeping could have been a little better. Bathroom glasses and mirrors left dirty.
Food was mostly cold or lukewarm and restaurant staff were not friendly or helpful which was disappointing, but were very quick to prevent you having a glass of water or drinks of any kind if you were not full board whilst some clients piled their plates with food, much of which was wasted.
Location was really good and very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brownside
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Read all the mixed reviews and was hoping for the best and it was not bad at all. Friendly staff and very clean rooms were what I was hoping for and it was all that. Maybe a bit jaded but for what I paid it was more than what I expected. Location is of course what made it all that much more special.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Martin P
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Reception staff were pleasant and helpful, rooms were on the small side ( no hairdryer as advertised on one site !) but they were clean and bathroom adequate. However, We have NEVER been in a quieter dining room, even at a funeral !! Staff in dining room were miserable, no interaction with guests and any complaints ( cold food, on more than one occassion) were ignored. Choice on buffet was poor & limited too. Bar staff well past retirement age and still no personality ....thought Spanish loved kids ?The plus for this hotel, as the pool's too small also and NEVER gets the sun, is LOCATION for the wonderful, safe, clean beach, so just do B&B as they're are lots of bars/restaurants around to make up for this badly serviced hotel ! Phonix bar on the corner serves 2-4-1 cocktails every night from 9-11pm and staff are lovely, NEW frozen yoghurt diner opposite this also serves lovely fresh food. Nearer to Arenal itself is very German with all the noisy bars, if that's what you're looking for ? We only booked a quick 'cheap/cheerful' week @ end of school holidays we certainly didn't get cheer at this hotel BUT C'an Pastilla is FABULOUS :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family