We just went to Hotel Balmes in august with my boyfriend. I had to write a review because before going I read some of the reviews of this page and now after going there myself I think many of the reviews don't do justice to the place.
First of all: the hotel is in excellent condition. The staff was very nice and helpful. They arranged tours for us, looked at train timetables for us and so on. And they were always interested to know if we were having a good time.
There was a review here about the doors that couldn't be locked from the inside. That's not true, I locked my door every night.
Food was great. I only had the breakfast buffet and that was fine with me because we went on trips almost every day so the full board would have been pointless.
Swimming pool was small but you could definitively swim in it! No problem. And with the beach so near, why complain?
There was no problem with the airport being near. There were no disturbing sounds. Ca'n Pastilla is very calm and safe.
The only little problem was that on the day we arrived, they didn't have a room for two persons. The first night we slept in small rooms for one. But they offered free full board on our first day! And the next day because the trading of rooms took longer than they had expected, they offered us free lunch. Which was nice...
Thank you Hotel Balmes! I enjoyed it a lot! I wish one day I can come back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel whala!balmes is a 3 star hotel that offers its clients a pleasant stay by the sea thanks to its superb location on the beach front of the Playa de Can Pastilla, near Playa de Palma. Our restaurant offers breakfast and dinner to our clients. As well as its 120 fully equipped rooms, the hotel has 1 outdoor swimming pool, which includes an area for the children, loungers and umbrellas. At the hotel's restaurant the guests can enjoy a buffet style dining, and there is a snack bar for those who prefer something quick to eat by the pool. The hotel includes a bicycle rental service. WiFi Internet connection is available in all hotel areas. The hotel's proximity to the Palma de Mallorca Airport ( 5 minutes) and the beach, located just a few meters away, make it a perfect destination to enjoy the splendid climate of our island. The City of Palma, is only 10 minutes away from the hotel and it is easily accessed thanks to public transportation. for more information on bus lines and time schedules click here.A fun way to explore the island is doing a bicycle tour on the cycle route linking the Bay of Palma with the City of Palma. The tour offers a great variety of landscapes and environments where you will discover different beaches, restaurants, cultural attractions, etc. The route from Can Pastilla to the Parc de la Mar has a duration of 2.5 hours (round trip) and its approximately 26 km long. For a map of the route click here. We hope you have a nice virtual tour and we are at your disposal for any questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel whala!balmes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmes Hotel Can Pastilla
- Hotel Whala!Balmes Can Pastilla, Majorca