We have just returned from a week at the Hotel Balear in Ca'n Pastilla. The people were delightful - from receptionists to dining room staff and cleaners. Their warmth and friendliness made the visit a very enjoyable experience. I've stayed at many luxury hotels, all fine and dandy but invariably impersonal. The Hotel Balear is well-managed, good basic hotel. Ours was very much a last minute booking, we arrived shortly after 11.00pm by taxi from the airport (15 Euros). Having booked a double room we were initially a bit disappointed when the room smelt of cigarette smoke. (I hadn't specified this on booking!) However the friendly German guy on reception asked us to bear with it and request another room in the morning. We did and were given a non-smoking room which was spotlessly clean with efficient air-conditioning. This was our base for the rest of the week. I've not been on a resort holiday for over 30 years thus first impressions were a bit alarming but on the advice of the hotel receptionist we found fabulous fish restaurants by the harbour and were mesmerised by the sunsets. Ca'n Pastilla has a character of its own attracting a lot of Spanish tourists as well as Scandinavians, Dutch, French, Austrians and Germans, all of whom were absolutely lovely. The street life below our room entertained us while we had pre-evening drinks on the balcony. The place is vibrant, noisy and down to earth i.e. Spanish, unlike the middle-class Brit-enclave of Pollenca. The Hotel Balear makes a great base whether you relax on the lovely beach 2 minutes away or hire a car and explore the island. The Hotel Balear was a low-cost, highly-enjoyable treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Balear is located in Ca’n Pastilla, in the heart of Playa de Palma, with an unbeatable location that facilitates access to the other main cities of the island. Our location, only 100 meters from the beach, with public transport to downtown Palma every 10 minutes and only 5 minutes from the airport, makes our hotel the perfect choice for both business travelers and tourists.The Hotel Balear is a family-run establishment, open all year round, allowing us to give personalized attention to our clients.The Hotel Balear was recently remodeled in 2009 to enhance the comfort of our guests. Our rooms are equipped with both Wi-Fi and cable Internet, a free service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Balear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balear Can Pastilla, Majorca
- Balear Hotel Can Pastilla