“Lovely hotel in a great location”
Review of AluaSoul Palma

AluaSoul Palma
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Can Pastilla
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in August to celebrate our 'big 0' birthdays. We had a lovely room and while it faced the back of the hotel (no view), this didn't spoil the experience for us. With the exception of the lady barmaid (sorry - can't remember her name) who was very friendly and always smiling, the rest of the staff tended to be professional to the point of being a bit cool.

We went half board and the food at both breakfast time and evening couldn't be faulted. The choice was really good and it was presented and served as if it was a top class restaurant rather than a buffet. One morning at breakfast, they were serving cava!

The pool area is nicely presented and clean. The only minor gripe would be that there's not alot of space for loungers and alot of people had to go up to the sun terrace, which had great views of Can Pastilla, but no pool.

The bar is reasonable and open to none residents, but due to not allowing children in, there weren't alot of epople from outside who came in.

We noticed there was some entertainment going on, but can't comment as we didn't stay to watch it.

Room Tip: I don't now how much more it costs, but a room with a pool view is advised and you get a sea vie...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed over Christmas, away from the family for the very first time and fell in love with this great hotel. From the first moment the staff were courteous,friendly and helpful. The whole place sparkled clean. And the food! The food was amazing in its variety and quality both at breakfast and dinner - plus the serving staff were smiling, cheerful and efficient. The "faults" - sliding beds(!), lack of parking, airport noise - were insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
I simply cannot understand how anyone can give a negative review. Perhaps they got the hotel name wrong. Well done Marina Luz! And feliz navidad!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view. Pay a little more, but well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed December 26, 2012

One of the things we really enjoyed about this hotel was the calm atmosphere due to a "no children" policy. We paid 12 euros a night to upgrade to a sea view room, this was worth paying as we got the morning sun on the balcony. The hotel is well situated for easy access to local bars and restaurants and public transport to the airport and Palma. There is also a very pleasant walkway along the coast to Palma which took us a leisurely hour and a half, stopping for drinks in Portixol. Breakfast was extremely good a huge selection to choose from with complimentary champagne on Sunday. On a chilly winters night we also appreciated "match of the day" on the live bbc channel in our room!!! Excellent for a long weekend break, with a touch of sun.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EnglandAlan
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel lobby area looks really nice and has a very comfy area where you can connect to wifi (as it won't work in your room).

The room that I got was very old and tired, my balcony faced somebodies back garden and was not exactly what was expected, when I asked to move I was told by the manager she could not allocate more work to her cleaners simply because I did not have a view! Rude was not the word, considering she was the manager she needs to learn some customer service!! I had no wifi in my room at all, I was given a hub device and forced to pay €30 deposit which to be honest worked much better.

The beds weren't comfy and I barely slept, some horrible blanket things which probably haven't been washed in years were used and I was bitten to death by something which was really uncomfortable! Another bad experience I had was being electrocuted when removing a plug from the wall socket, this was incredibly painful and extremely dangerous!

The breakfast buffet was really good, except the 1 morning I received an undercooked sausage.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Matt B
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great hotel excellent food super crew, again any time!
Great food and drink, 1A breakfast, buffet dinner is like Hilton
convenient traffic to the airport or Palma CiTY by Bus
lovely Athmosphere in the Lounch
a great Hotel with very kindly and helpful Personal

Room Tip: Best choice is a room with a pool / sea view, possible fourth or 5th floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Schnulli13
Reviewed December 6, 2012

On arrival the room was great with a lovely view and close proximity to the ocean however throughout the week the large group I was travelling with experienced bad service and rudeness from the staff at the hotel over the 7 days.
The staff were very patronising to us throughout the whole week, with one staff making a rude comment which was overheard by a member of our group. I do need to highlight that not all the staff were like this, some had decent customer service skills, but it was the majority who didn't that made this such an unpleasant stay.

We were treated like children instead of as paying adults whereby the staff didn't listen to any of the complaints made and even kept our lunches behind reception as a precaution to stop people taking food from the buffet in the mornings. At 11 euro for lunch a day we were expecting more than 2 small rolls of thin processed meat and a discoloured lettuce leaf or two from the day before.

The dinners and breakfasts came with non consumables including hair on many occasions and even a staple!! They made no apology after this was brought to the attention of restaurant staff. At one point the fish was still very raw which was sickening.

The internet service was very poor and kept kicking me off claiming number of users had been exceeded.

This is no where near a 4* hotel, it is beyond me how they managed this status. The only highlight at this hotel was the bar staff who were polite and friendly however worked for a different company. Some of the hotel staff should learn customer service before employment.

Room Tip: If you pay for a double I would advise checking what your paying for because most of the rooms were...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Rachel_Cunliffe
danimallorca, Marketing Online at AluaSoul Palma, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Scarlett M.

First of all I would like to thank on behalf of all the staff and the Management of the Hotel Marina Luz for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.
Please be informed that I have spoken to the Hotel Manager regarding the issues raised, and I have verified that the technical problems experienced during your stay (and your groups' stay) at the Hotel Marina Luz have been solved.
I would like to say that the employees of the Hotel Marina Luz are very experienced when it comes to catering to the needs of guests' travelling in large groups, and that good Customer Service is one of the values that we teach them. Therefore, we are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with this aspect of your stay.
Regarding the food allergy, at no point prior to the guest speaking to the Hotel Manager about it, were we informed that the mere presence of nuts in the hotel could pose a risk to the guest concerned. This is not the first time that we have had guests with nut allergies (or other food allergies) stay with us, and this is the only time that we have received a complaint regarding our involvement with similar situations.
The Maître d' and the Chef of the hotel are always on hand to explain to any guests who wishes to know what exact ingredients are in our dishes and we do not wish any of our guests to come to harm during their stay with us.
I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay at the Hotel Marina Luz and I hope that despite your concerns regarding the hotel, that you enjoyed your stay in Mallorca.

Yours sincerely,
Daniella Burley
Marina Hotels

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Upon arriving at Marina Luz, my first impressions were positive due to the great view of the ocean from my room. However, on the first day of arrival I had a water leak initiated by my first ever shower at the hotel. The majority of the room was flooded with water and after making the manager aware of the incident, all i got was a pile of towels placed in my hands and the wonderful task of wiping the floors! this was outrageous. Water leaks occurred 3 times throughout that week and i was not given a change in room even after I was clearly told that there were alternate room availabilities. Staff were extremely rude and disrespectful. I do not recommend this hotel in the slightest, it was an extremely pathetic hotel lacking any form of organisation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
#6 of 24 in Can Pastilla
BQ Aguamarina Boutique Hotel
BQ Aguamarina Boutique Hotel
#1 of 24 in Can Pastilla

Been to AluaSoul Palma? Share your experiences!