1,131 results
All reviewsrefurbished roomhotel javatable tennisbus stopcrazy golfpool areaclose to the airportstar hotelhalf boardbreakfast and dinnerself cateringel arenalbeds were comfortableout of seasonair conreception staffpalma aquarium
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have just come back from a 4 night stay here. The Hotel is located very close to airport which was ideal for a long weekend. I arrived at the hotel just before 11am following a very early flight from the UK and using the local bus to get the airport (Snap at 3E's each way versa £15 return coach transfer.). Even though check-in wasn't officially until 1400 hours, my room was ready having advised the hotel of my expected early arrival. My room was on the top floor over looking the pool and with as full a sea view as possible being one street back from the front.

I originally booked at single room but like so many others have said, their singles are mostly if not all just small doubles / twins that they will let for sole use at a slightly lower rate than a full priced room. The beds were a little uncomfortable and low down for my personal preference and I expected the bedding to be changed once during my stay but this did not happen, although Fresh towels were provided daily. The shower was fabulous with hot water at various of times of day. The room had been recently partly reburbished with new wooden laminate flooring having been laid which was much quieter than other hotels with tiled floors. The balcony was also more spacious that the one in a 4 start hotel on Costa Brava last year.

I booked half board given the time of year and having stayed a range for 3 and 4 star across the med, I have to say the food was really good. With plenty of fresh fruit and salad at evening dinner. The hot food stations and "Show cooking" provided a limited choice but the food was certainly well cooked and tasty. Two complaints on the food front was the use of instant mash potato and the soups left a lot to be desired. However the main bonus was food rarely sat around long enough and was constantly being replenished. One other complaint about the dining room was that it is quite small for the number of guest (despite the use of mirrors to make it look bigger) thus the tables are very cramped together making it difficult to move around.

As I used the hotel as a base for a city break to Palma, I didn't really spend time in the bar or using the pool and other facilities to comment.

If you're look for 3 star then it more than meets the needs so can be highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a High floor a sea or airport view. Beware those with an airport view (for the geeks out there) also over look a faily busy main road and the motorway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I booked a four day trip to Majorca for myself and my two teenage daughters. I chose the hotel mainly because it was reasonably priced and close to the beach. We were really pleased with it on almost every count. We had a room on the 4th floor with a view to the sea on one side and the pool and mountains on the other. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel lobby was pretty smart and far better than most 3 * hotels I have stayed in. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful. The bar staff were happy to store my daughter's medicines in the fridge. The pool was a little on the small side but we always had plenty of room to swim or just relax. Loads of sun loungers around the pool and a large outdoors terrace with tables to enjoy a drink at. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. Included in our b&b rate. My daughters loved going up and filling their plates with everything from cooked English to pastries to pancakes to numerous different breads and rolls. Plentiful hot drinks available of which I really liked the milky coffee. The hotel is well placed. Literally a minute's walk from a lovely sandy beach with plentiful bars and restaurants. Behind the hotel was the bus stop which made it easy to get a bus into Palma, about 15 mins journey or to the airport which was 10 minutes away. Although it is close to the airport there is no aircraft noise as the hotel is not under a flight path. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it as an ideal base to enjoy a trip to Majorca.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool also have a mountain view. To see the sea I think you would need 4th floor at front of hotel as we did.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RachelL236
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just arrived back from Can Pastilla and Hotel Helios. We had an apartment. The apartment was good size, bed ok but the cleaning was terrible. Sand all over the floor when we arrived. The apartment was cleanded 3 times during our stay, althought the floor was dirty after their cleaning.
The pool area was so crowded, what would it be when it is a peak season? Small swimmingpool.
We did not use the hotel restaurant. Plenty of small different restaurants round the hotel. There is a very nice greek restaurant Atenas in El arenal and a nice thai place in Can Pastilla.
Overall this hotel is ok for a budget vacation

Room Tip: Apartment at the end of the corridor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Piavaasa
Reviewed October 9, 2013

An ideal location for 9 'middlish aged' ladies on a 3 night hen weekend!! Happy with relaxing in the day time by the pool, or walking / cycling down the promenade, shopping etc. Not needing clubs in the evening there is an abundance of good quality bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity which were open until the early hours.

Rooms large enough for 3 comfortable beds and a lovely clean bathroom ( appeared newly refurbished). Fantastic breakfast, so much choice, and pastries so fresh.

Bus stop behind the hotel, therefore easy to get to Palma (no 15) in 30 minutes, or back to the airport (no 21) in 5 minutes.

A fabulous location for us and at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Elspeth H
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have just got back from a short 3 night stay. This hotel is much better than the price of the rooms would make you believe . I paid roughly £120 for a twin room Including buffet all you can eat breakfast so for two people it would be the same cost . The beach is less than 30 seconds walk with plenty for places to eat nearby. I did not eat in the hotel but used a very nice place just across the road . I also did not use the pool but there was plenty of people who did . The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo