“Definitely better than two star hotel”
Review of Hotel Can Pastilla

Hotel Can Pastilla
Ranked #1 of 2 Can Pastilla B&B and Inns
Belgrade, Serbia
“Definitely better than two star hotel”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Three of us stayed at Can Pastilla hotel for then nights in June, we got apartment on fifth floor, with two rooms and two balconies, bathroom and small kitchen.
The hotel is very clean, every day you get two fresh towels, bedclothes is clean, and have been changed during our stay. Breakfast is one street away in other hotel, it’s very good, except there is no fresh fruit and only one salad, but everything is fresh, there are two or three kinds of salaams and cheese, sweet croissants, cookies, cornflakes, butter, jam, coffee, tea..
Everything concerning the hotel deserves three star!

In hotel you can pay for safe, it’s 20 euros for 10 days, also, you can pay for dinner, 48 euros for seven days.

Hotel is near the beach, and at perfect place near the bus station, it takes round 30 minutes to Palma, and 15 minutes to perfect beach in El Arenal.
Can pastille is quite place, everything is closed after midnight, but nearby at El Arenal there is night life.

This is very good hotel, near the most beautiful beach, near Palma and airport, great place for perfect vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank PutnikBeograd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We had a nice stay in the apartments.
The hotel is central located.
Staff was friendly, rooms clean and nicely attired.
A large balcony with table and chairs.
We rented a car for the week and we have visited many places.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank traveljohn90
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Hotel Can Pastilla is situated really close to Playa de Plama beach, which is particularly ideal for families with children as it takes you 2 mins to walk to the beach.

When I booked to stay at this hotel with my 18 month old baby, the hotel facilities were obviously key to my decision. When I made my booking through Late Rooms, it said that the Hotel offers a happy family atmosphere, entertainment is provided in the hotel several times a week and the facilities highlighted that all 55 rooms are comfortable and are equipped with private bathroom, terrace, telephone, TV, air-conditioned rooms and safety deposit boxes. Nearby you can enjoy the exciting local night-life. For the more active, you can also hire bikes, play tennis, minigolf, squash and beach volleyball.

I have to say that when I arrived at the hotel, it seemed empty and was missing the family atmosphere. Once I checked in, I headed for my room which was located on the 1st floor plus another half flight of stairs, which were a nightmare to get up with a pram! The room was so small, I could barely fit the pram in the room. They hadn't provided the baby cot I had pre-requested and the room had no air-conditioning, which I had also requested. They had to request a baby cot from another hotel, so that sorted out that problem. They advised that the air-conditioning was in fact the ceiling fan, which only had one speed (the slowest) and really didn't help at all!! I had to sleep with the sliding doors open as it was too hot with them closed, which meant no sleep as the streets were so noisy with party goers all throughout the night.

When I asked about the breakfast bookings and to heat up my baby's food, I was told I would have to go to another hotel as they didn't have the facilities. I was advised that they had just undergone a refurbishment and it was obvious nothing was complete, so I cannot understand how they were allowed to open the hotel for business, They didn't even have room service/bar facilities - nothing worked!!!

On the second day of my stay the lift broke and I had to push my baby's pram down 1.5 flights of stairs at which point I said enough was enough!!!!!

I checked out a day earlier due to my frustration and lack of sleep and they didn't even suggest refunding me for the extra night I had already paid for due to their poor facilities. I had to pay for my stay in cash, as they didn't have a card machine and they were unable to exchange money as well.

Overall, I found this hotel very expensive (EURO 35 per night) for what they proposed to have available and their service was pretty appalling and would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I found another hotel offering rooms on an all inclusive basis for £41 per night with absolutely everything available and included in the cost. I wish I had booked with them earlier and you'd definitely get great value for money from them.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank MelJBell
Horizonte, Director Comercial at Hotel Can Pastilla, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Dear Guest :
After reviewing the info in our website I have to tell that in fact the location just 2 min away of the beach and very close to the airport makes a good point of location .
Hotel Can PAstilla is a family run Hotel that makes group with Hotel Gala ( just 70 mts away where you benefit all services of the other Hotel for free as swimming pool , bar , wifi , etc..
We define our Hotel as a basic low cost service . Single rooms are small so with a baby is better to take a double single use wich cost just 3 euros more . and you,re more comfortable .
As We remarck always our breakfast is in our sister HOtel Gala , so this way we give a better service and more variety that if we had to do separate . All our guest are advised about that .
My apologices about your inceonveniets in our Hotel wich probably would be better choice another one for the company . Some times is better to ask the Hotel directly about facilities given so expectations can´t be frustated . Sorry again and i take everything on my notebook to improve this .

Travelers are raving about these Can Pastilla hotels

westmidlands
Reviewed September 30, 2008

we booked this hotel last oct . when we read reviwes we were a little worried . they seemed bad . when we arrived we were welcomed had a fantasic room . we stayed for 7 nights and had our sheets changed 3 times . the staff were very freindly and did all they could to make our stay great

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank sallyann51
hertfordshire
Reviewed September 1, 2008

walking into our room my wife opened the wardrobe door which fell off in her hand, resembling a scene from 'Some Mothers Do Have em'. slightly shocked and a little amused we opened the curtains to see our balcony view. 2 metres away from touching distance was several floors of hotel wall complete with balconies. due to our balcony joining 4 others via a very low wall we kept our doors locked permanently. who needs air anyway.
we were unable to use the small kitchen due to a fridge blocking the entrance. the room was dark and dingy and decorated last in the early 70's. the door handle on our kids room was falling off, as were their basin taps. the cupboard doors were missing and their balcony doors were covered in woodworm making the glass lose. their shower was hot or cold with no midway. for the first time ever we complained. the following afternoon we were given better rooms but had to pay an extra 30 euros.
on the website we booked from they advertised Internet, bar, games room, telephone, non of which they had. we paid for breakfast when we booked but hadn't realised it was served at their sister hotel. unless you like cakes and dry doughnuts first thing in the morning save your money and get a real breakfast from one of the cafes or bar's a long the sea front. in fact save your money and book a real hotel.
just found out my 10 packs of tobacco were stolen from our suitcase that we locked leaving the hotel, as an added kick in the teeth.
i haven't taken any time to compose this letter but wanted to let people know as quick as possible NOT to book it.
by the way the resort it's self is beautiful

• Liked — the young girl on reception in the mornings spoke some english and was very pleasant
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank sg10
Varnhem, Sweden
Reviewed July 30, 2008

A very simple place to stay, but ok if you´re just looking for a place to sleep. Since the room was included in a cheap package including flight from Sweden the price was fair. But according to displayed pricelist it feels a bit overprized.

No aircon (but I don´t like them anyway). It could be arranged though - for an extra 50€ per week.
I went for open window instead, and hoped my neigbors would be reliable people, since the balconys are connected - mine went straight over to the adjoining building in the complex.
Nightly breeze kept mosquitos away, but judging from old sandalmarks all over the white walls and roof they can be annoying sometimes...
Cleanness was ok and the staff at reception very service minded. The hotel has no bar, no breakfast, no Internetsupply or whatsoever, but you can buy breakfast tickets in the reception and eat in another hotel close by. You can also use the neighbor hotel´s pool.
What´s best with Can Pastilla is the location close to the beach, shopping area and the several kilometers long walk along the playa. It goes all the way to Arenal where thousands of young and very drunk germans sing and party all night long. Can Pastilla is a much more tranquil place whem compared...

• Liked — The location, close to the beach and good communications with Palma
  • Disliked — It´s a bit crammy and very accessable for burglars
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ulf_in_varnhem
Northumberland
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Unfortunately I transferred to this hotel at last minute due to alleged building work at its sister hotel. The first room they gave me smelt bad and had a broken shower rail, balcony door and the oversized fridge made it impossible to enter the 3ft x 3ft kitchen. There second attempt was on the main stair way making it noisy. Although this room was cleaner it still lacked the basic hygiene in the corners of the bathroom.

Throughout the stay the bar and restarant remained closed, there is no internet terminal as advertised but the do have a nice big bassy television that plays Spanish programs nice and loud in the only communial area of the hotel.

The choice of the hotel was through the OPEN UNIVERSITY which made it impossible to move and I normally would refuse to stay in a hotel of this poor standard. Three people on a course of thirty had to withdraw from a part of the course due to a stomach bug which was a disappointment.

If you are not paying much for this dump its fine but if your paying more that £20 I would look elsewhere.

• Liked — Booking Out, handy location for the beach.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and genral repair of the rooms
  • Stayed September 2007
3 Thank williamsweb
Horizonte, Director de Recepción at Hotel Can Pastilla, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Dear Sir.
so sorry to hear this impressions about a so big group and so special requirements that we obviosly tried to manage in the right way . the group worked very well but i assume that we did some mistakes . Sorry again and hope your times in Mallorca with Open University would be profitables .
Yours sincerely