We stayed at this hotel nearly 30 years ago (it was called the Playa D'or then) and were interested to see how it had changed over the years. Sad to say that although it is now a modern contemporary hotel it was a little disappointing. The location is fantastic, it is only 10 mins transfer from the airport, literally across the road from a very spacious beach and during the day there are plenty of shops and restaurants to go to. We were given a room that overlooked the courtyard and also at least 5 other rooms. the balcony was tiny with really uncomfy seats no armrest on them just a seat, no table and one of the things that is good about a holiday is going back to the hotel and having a a drink and read on the balcony having a good look at whats going on outside. The air conditioning was very effective needed it as it was really hot when we were there. The staff quarters were also quite near and there was a dog constantly barking, just hope he wasn't distressed. Our room was spacious and very clean but the decor although modern was very dingy. It had large comfortable beds and linen changed frequently and towels changed everyday, the housekeeping staff were the only really friendly staff at the hotel.. What was a bit disconcerting about the room was when you were in the bathroom you were able to hear everything going on in one of the neighbour's bathrooms, It was almost like we were all in the same bathroom. They weren't English speaking otherwise we could have quite easily joined in their conversation.
The food was very good in the evening lots of choice and well laid out,but breakfasts were a shambles. We went out of season so don't know whether the hotel was full or not but everyday there was a queue for cooked breakfasts. The breakfast chef was constantly letting items run right out and not replacing them straight away so the husband, who loves his cooked breakfast, was coming back with cold items that should have been hot on his plate cos he'd had to wait for the chef to replenish stocks. I know this sounds a bit silly but its not what you expect from a 4* hotel. Apart from 2 waitresses, one of whom had lived in Spain all her life but her mum was from Liverpool originally and spoke English with a proper scouse accent, the restaurant staff were not polite and a bit unwelcoming really. Bar staff especially in the evening, apart from one older man, were just awful they would leave you sitting for ages before coming to take your order wasn't used to that atall. However all public and lounge areas spacious, clean and comfortable.
The roof terrace pool was ok a bit small but didn't find it too cold but the beds were an absolute disgrace, they were filthy and badly ripped. This was a shame because there were lovely views from the terrace and absolutely lots of space to put the sunbeds. There was a bar by the pool but most times not staffed, and again tables and chairs with fabulous views but no bar staff. Again you just do not expect this in 4* accommodation. However the beach and the sea were fab and so close aswell. We did have a good holiday though and it is in a good location. Think if we had gone more in season there would have been more choice to go out at night for a drink...alot of the bars that were open in the day shut at night during the time we were there. We also met a lot of lovely people who were also holiday. I do think the hotel could be really fantastic with a few tweaks to the decor, replace the sunbeds by the pool and staff the pool bar regularly, customer service training for the staff, their role models should be the housekeeping staff!!! and employ an extra breakfast chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort, design, originality and architecture, gives us a new concept of hotels opposite to the sea, Nautichotel was reformed in 2008, modern East hotel of urban and minimalist style, with an architectural set fashion, not only has given a new way of understanding the architecture and the design, but also of .Also you can enjoy the beauty of the Mediterranean one in a calm environment, Also we possess(rely on) a spa. Hotel and spa is in the first line of beach, opposite to the nautical club , we have to ours around and closely together of the hotel shops, restaurants and bars of the zone .You can find places of interest as La Porciúncula (Church of crystal),Palm Aquarium and Beach The Sandbank .The attractions in the surroundings also include Cathedral of Majorca and Castle of Bellver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nautic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Fashion Hotel Nautic
- Lti Fashion Hotel Can Pastilla
- Nautic Hotel & Spa Can Pastilla, Majorca