I recently spent a week at this hotel as a single traveller and I was amazed at the fantastic view I had from my single room, I was on the 6th floor and I could sit on my balcony and watch the sun rise at the right in the morning and watch it set again on the left in the evening, that view will take some beating.
The hotel itself was spotless and I didnt notice that it needed decorating or updating, I thought it was lovely. The maid cleaned the room daily, including the balcony and I had my towels changed every other day( my choice) and the sheets were changed regularly. The air conditioning was good and also probably the quietest I've ever had.
Jose the manager was always around and he seemed very approachable, all the staff were friendly and helpful, both in the restaurant and on reception. I liked the gala evening the night I arrived and the farewell party the night before I left,this was a very nice touch.
The Thomson reps were all very friendly and helpful and I really enjoyed the organised walk on the Monday morning with April and Chris even though we cheated and caught the bus into Paguera due to the heavy rain the night before.
The food was excellent, plenty of choice and it was always fresh and tasty, I ate way more than I should have done due to the vast choice.
The only problem I had was the entertainment, I didnt join in with the daily games as I prefer the beach during the day, but I found the evenings to be boring. Evolution were ok for a night, but twice a night was just too much, Becky was a natural and was funny without realising it,always happy and smiling and chatty, but I'm afraid that Rachel just didnt seem to have it, she always looked like she was forcing herself to smile and be happy. The entertainment was poor quality I thought for gold hotel, had much better in Ibiza last year.
The Thomson reps were better than I've seen in a lot of Thomson hotels, they spent a lot of time at the hotel and were always on hand to answer any questions or give advice.
Camp De Mar is a beautiful place with amazing scenery and fantastic for a quiet restful holiday though as a single traveller, it was a bit too quiet for me in the evenings and I found them to be lonely and the poor entertainment didnt help.
I would recommend this hotel though but possibly just for couples, though I do enjoy having a kids free holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca