“Drinks are a rip off”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camp De Mar
Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Camp De Mar
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Drinks are a rip off”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have just arrived home and on the whole had a good time, the only real gripe was the drinks I took my own bottle of water into the restaurant and was told LOUDLY by Oyunba the waiter you can't bring that in here!!! Every one was looking, I asked him not to talk to me like that but he didn't care, on seeing the manager Jose he also wasn't interested, there wasn't any notices up to say you couldn't take in your own water. I feel the hotel just wants to make as much money out of you as possible. On the plus side Adam and Sara were the best thing to have happened they really made our holiday

Room Tip: High floor with a sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank lindy074

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,004)
  • Polish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Some of the reviews that I have read on here criticising Adam the entertainment rep are in my opinion absolute rubbish. I have been holidaying with Thomson Gold for a number of years and I can say without a doubt that Adam is by far the best rep that I have come across. I first met him last year in Ibiza and was blown away by him. Imagine my joy when arriving at CdM to find him in situ. Everybody that I have spoken to around the hotel agree with my assessment. I have made it my business to canvas as many as I can. I know it is not a scientific poll but I have so spoken to over 150 guests and everyone has endorsed my opinion.The other misaprehension I should like to comment on is the supposed lack of sunbeds. It is now after 9 o'clock and there are still plenty of sunbeds and parasols to go around. Staff around the pool are only to happy with assistance to moving beds a d heavy parasols for th less able. My last gripe is about the homophobic dinosaur from Bristol who I am so so glad was not at the hotel at the same time as me. I am 73 years old and anyones sexuality is their own business. Adam long may you reign. Would love to know where you will be working next year.John Gray

• Stayed July 2014
10 Thank laylaanne
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Spent last week of June first week of July and had a good time.Location is perfect hotel spotless food and staff excellent.The new walk in showers plus the wonderful view from the balcony make
it extra special.We have stayed in various Gold Hotels over a number of years but have to say
the evening entertainment was the worst we have ever had.Only two professional acts were
worthy of a Gold hotel.The Tina Turner tribute was awful.We never had one comedian when
usually we have seen two excellent comics.We saw the thomson touring reps four or five times
and whilst the ladies had lovely voices the men left a lot to be desired.Adam was fabulous very
professional noisy but fun.We enjoyed the games and trivia in the day but felt the games side encroached to much in the evening when it became too childish.We were told to shout loud and
clear when bingo was being called but effect music was played all the time. We cannot understand the need to finish the entertainment at eleven when other Gold hotel we have been to went on until 11 45 Six of us ranging in ages from 74 to 81 are capable of enjoying ourselves
past midnight.The emphasis was early to bed early to rise with people queuing to place towels before seven in the morning.Watching this one morning it was hilarious.saw this on you tube and thought it was stage managed but no I saw it for myself.There were six of us and did not look for beds some mornings until 10 but never failed to get six together plus cushions and umbrella's so that says it all. If its just a rest you want in lovely surrounding and and like to retire early you will enjoy.

Room Tip: sea view rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank rita156
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Take no notice of the moaning minnies who must spend their lives nit-picking because some little point has offended their sensitivities.This is a great place to stay! We stayed at the Camp de Mar from June 21st to July 1st,2014.
Rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean.We had a room on the fourth floor(R426)which overlooked the pool and had a sea view.The villas of Michael Schumacher,Claudia Schiffer and Jasper Carrot are perched overlooking the bay but we didn't bump into the owners unfortunately!
Food is really excellent- caviare,king prawns,sushi and other delicacies were available for starters on a number of occasions- and, if you can't find anything to suit your palate,then you must indeed be a tortured soul!
The hotel provides a well-structured entertainment programme throughout the day and evening which is just as well as there aren't a vast amount of bars....etc...in the locality. Adam,the hotel host,is wonderful and he works incredibly hard to ensure everyone has a good time.One little point for night owls is that music,entertainment ...etc...ends at 11pm prompt although the bar is still open for service til later.
Palma is well worth a visit and,although there is a regular bus service,you are advised to hire a taxi as it is much,much quicker and,if there are four of you,it is quite cheap.(30 Euros each journey).If you haven't visited Palma before,a wander around the marina is a must!The cathedral is spectacular and is worth a visit.If you'd rather stay close to Camp de Mar then a visit to nearby Andraxt should be included in your itinerary. There are one or two very nice little restaurant/bars along the lovely sandy beach which is adjacent to the hotel.Although there are more than enough sun-beds available, there ,unfortunately ,exists the usual colony of "This is my space and I am determined to have it every day" perma-brown ,sun worshippers who will be at the front of the queue every morning when the doors to the pool-area are opened. How pathetic is that?Everything considered,though, a lovely holiday in a great hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms 424 to 428 .... pretty good.If you want a suite you'll have to book pretty earl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Les H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have been back a week from our Thomson Gold holiday at this resort. The hotel is definitely one of the best we have been in. The accommodation and the food was excellent. The daytime entertainment was fantastic with Adam in charge. Now just a couple of downfalls as a first timer to this hotel. We ended up in a rear view room which was half the size of a sea view room, (we didn't get informed of this when we booked or we would have gone for a sea view). When we tried to upgrade, we were told we couldn't . The area is very secluded with no major shops or restaurants in it (again not pointed out to us on the booking). The evening entertainment was a huge let down due to bookings being cancelled and stand ins coming at the last minute. I gave the hotel a five star as there is no complaints about this place. If you want a very secluded quiet kind of holiday, then this is for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a sea view room or you will end up in a box room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donald S
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was are 13th trip to this hotel over 13 years it is in a good location the is well maintained and well run the manager Jose Pardon and his hands on approach he is always around the hotel the entertainment daytime and evening and the Thomson proroduction team are very professional and food is excellent I have booked for next year 2015

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Midlands
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just got back after a brilliant two week stay, this being our second visit. The hotel is in a super location, is kept spotlessly clean, and the food quality and choice is of a very high standard. The restaurant staff are so friendly and attentive it really made us feel welcome (special mentions to Oscar, Otumba and Gina).
We were kept well entertained by the Thomson team of Adam and Sarah, the resident duo Vivo and the Thomson Production Team who put on some top shows.
The daytime entertainment could be a bit on the loud side but we (and many others) actually enjoyed the poolside antics.
Thanks to Jose, his staff and the whole Thomson team for a fabulous holiday, you will definitely be seeing us again.

Room Tip: High floor sea view rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sol Beach House Mallorca
Sol Beach House Mallorca
#4 of 39 in Palmanova
Steigenberger Golf & Spa Resort Camp de Mar

Been to Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar? Share your experiences!