“Top Gold Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camp De Mar
Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Camp De Mar
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Travelled on a seven night holiday to this hotel with Thomson. No issues with flights or transfers which were efficient and on time. The location of the hotel suited my wife and I as it was located in a quiet cove and away from the crowds, locally a small number of bars, a couple of small supermarkets and a couple of boutiques.
Having stayed in a dozen or so gold hotels previously this was the best to date. We had booked a suite, this was situated on the 3rd floor with an excellent view of the beach and cove. The room was finished to a high standard with a walk in wardrobe, small seating area separate from the bedroom, comfortable twin beds, a large bathroom with a walk in shower, bath with shower overhead and twin sinks, a double all be it narrow balcony with the view as mentioned. Room also came with a few extras - wine voucher, water, tea/coffee/milk - which was replenished daily, flowers, fruit, bath robes and slippers. The fridge was also useful and safe which was charged at 10 euros for the week.
The room was serviced daily to a good standard and public areas of the hotel were kept very clean. The staff throughout were friendly and helpful and as previously mentioned the general manager - Jose was always to be seen in the hotel, and sorted out a small issue we had promptly and efficiently.
The buffet for both breakfast and dinner were very good, and one of the best for selection and quality we had experienced recently. The restaurant staff in the main were top notch.
Used the pool area/sunbeds on several occasions and had no trouble obtaining chairs and covers, it was amusing however to find the hardened sun worshipers had put their towels out from 7am when the pool doors were unlocked.
Entertainment was provided during the day and we found not obtrusive if you did not wish to participate. The evening entertainment was better than we expected and had previously experienced at other gold hotels. Tom Jones, The Beatles and Four Tops tribute acts were very entertaining as was the resident female singer. However the stage is situated outside next to the pool and you have to except that it is very noisy until 1130pm each evening an early night is not on the cards. We went and saw the show 'come fly with me' booked through the Thomson rep and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although quite expensive at 56 euros each which included return transport felt the cost was worth it for this very professional show.
We hired a car for 3 days from the rental shop opposite the hotel for 135 euros all inclusive. (no excess) very friendly and helpful guy and a decent motor in good condition. Had a great time exploring the island (our first time in Majorca) with the west coast being particularly beautiful.
All in all had a great time and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view room a must.
1  Thank RSC&JCC
Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is okay but located in a tiny town with a couple of boutiques and bars and not much else so you are basically stuck in the hotel unless you get the business or a taxi along to peguera. The food is great and the rooms are fine. Entertainment was poor the week we were there. Flamenco dancers, Irish dancers and a comedian called Powell who spent more time telling us who he knew than actually telling jokes. The most annoying thing about this hotel is the waiters. We ordered vodka and orange and rum and coke. For the first couple of drinks it was fine and cost 4.20 euros. But after that they bring the small bottles of orange and coke along with the spirits which puts the cost up by 2.20 euros per drink.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are best.
2  Thank Sycamore68
playita2011, Gerente at Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you very much for writing a review of this hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us. Our job is to make them happy during their stay. Regarding your comment about the charge of drinks, we offer two alternatives, national drinks & soft drinks machine is one price and then if you want to import or national top brand & bottle soft drinks have another price as you could verify.
We hope to return you to see them in the future
Best regards
Jose Pardo
Director Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Returned 28th September from this superb hotel our first stay here and cannot fault the hotel or its staff , the food was excellent with plenty of variety (compliments to the chefs ) . The setting around the hotel is beautiful and my husband and I with the help of Chris the Thomsons local interest rep enjoyed some lovely walks to Port Andraix and Peguera . Very efficient bar staff on an evening Manolo in particular always friendly and quick with our drinks order . Now for the entertainment it was not what we expected felt cheated we had Thomsons touring team 4 times and thomsons quizzes twice , plus some of the acts brought in left a lot to be desired , please take note Thomsons this has to improve . It would also be nice to have the option to upgrade to all inclusive .

2  Thank Kathryn J
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just got back from 10 nights, such a wonderful time, the staff are the best so friendly and efficient. The best 10 nights sleep I've had in ages. Food excellent and Camp De Mar bay is so beautiful.
Thanks again Jose and the team, missing you already :-(

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chamberlainspragg
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have just returned from my third trip to Majorca, and staying for the third time at the Grupotel Playa in Camp de Mar. I have previoulsy stayed on my own but this time I took my Best Friend with me .

Jose and the whole Team at the hotel provide the highest standard of customer service, the staff are friendly and never fail to have a smile on their faces. They all work extremely hard but always have time to say hello.

The rooms are clean and well maintained, they have a fridge, flat screen TV and full air-con in all rooms. The housekeeping staff are a joy to meet and always willing to help in whatever way they can.

The catering at the hotel is 5 Star ***** the selection, choice and quality is some of the best I've encountered. The waiting staff all have their own areas to manage and I have met the same staff over my past 3 trips, this tells me they have great management and enjoy their work, and they remembered me by name which was lovely.

The entertainment as always is well structured and a lot of fun. The reason I have returned time and again is that the resort is very quiet (out of season I go May & September normally), I'm 46 but the majority of the guests were 50+ they were fabulous company and very entertaining !!!

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, it's 20-25 mins transfer from the Airport and by taxi it costs about £40 if you are not on a package deal. I cannot wait to go back again next year !! Thank You Grupotel you were amazing !!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want extra peace and quiet ask for a room overlooking the tennis courts thats where I stayed...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lee P
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just got back from Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Had a great time & saw some places we'd not been to for 20 years.
The service was good, also the food, & everywhere was spotless
In fact we couldn't fault it. I suggest you pay a little more for a sea view & the views are spectacular

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view it's worth it
9  Thank Barbara582
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a great hotel. The staff are wonderful and friendly. the food is excellent - go on a diet before you come here (if you feel you need to)! The variety of food is excellent and it is all clearly labelled. As a vegetarian, I was pleasantly surprised at the variety I had every night. The entertainment was really good. Before I went on holiday, I read reviews stating there is little to do around the area with few bars and shops. Well, there are only a few shops, but Peguera is very close - 15 minutes lovely walk through trees or a cheap bus or taxi ride and here you have a wide variety of shops, bars and restaurants. Also, I found 7 bars within a radius of 100 metres of hotel, all slightly different - from beach bars to a German bar and my favourite, Villa Terraza over the road from the hotel. The Thomsons reps were the best I have ever seen. They provide loads of information and the meetings were really excellent ( I normally avoid these, but glad I went to this one). One of the reps, Chris, has lived here for years and she takes you out on a few local walks which sets you up well to venture on your own.There are beautiful walks around the area, not well signposted but if you have good directional sense, just "follow your nose" and you will be fine! The reps even provide walking maps to Andraxt and Peguera. I walked through some lovely wooded areas across from the hotel and found wonderful coves and scenery you can't get from the road. No long beach walks, as this is only a cove, but it is stunning here. My partner refused to write a review as she wants to keep this wonderful little gem to herself!

Room Tip: The non seaview rooms are slightly discounted but very small, especially those without a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
0 mi away
Hotel Villa Real
Hotel Villa Real
#4 of 6 in Camp De Mar

Been to Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar? Share your experiences!