Stayed at this hotel for 1 week commencing 12th July and I can honestly say as soon as we walked into reception we knew we had chosen wisely. I agree with the very positive reviews of this hotel, to be honest I would have to be very critical to find anything to complain about. What we have to remember when reading these sites is that some people go on holiday to moan. Maybe the bedding was not to my taste and I thought this made the rooms a little dark but that is personal taste and other's may find this wonderful. The remainder of the bedroom was fine with flat screen television and the facility to use a fridge and a kettle. A lovely clean bathroom which is something that is always important to me.
The food was excellent, a vast choice for breakfast, different cereals, porridge (very nice) loads of different fruit, breads, full fry up, omelettes and pancakes (made to order) the list goes on. Evening meal consisted of different salads, soup, then always fish of some sort and roasted meat, vegtables slightly lacking not a huge selection, always pasta and vegetarian dishes. Then the sweets mostly a hot one, then a large aray of creamy delights but to be honest I always think they look a lot nicer than they taste, or cheese and biscuits for the savoury person. So I think you would have to be very fussy to complain about the food, it was always hot and well presented and the waiting staff were always on the ball to clear your tables with a smile.
The entertainment was good, loved the IL Divo lookalikes and the Beatles and the comedian was good with the help of Madge ( a very funny full of life lady) all the entertainment team were friendly and need a mention, also Chris the lady who organises the walks, she is very friendly and knows the local area well, we did the walk to Paguera with her makes a change from sunbathing.
With regards to rooms if you pay for a seaview then the views are amazing such a beautiful bay, but bear in mind the entertainment is just below you all so you will not sleep until the entertainment is ended. Also if you like to soak up the evening sun the rooms are in the shade by then. We had room 144 which was on the side of the hotel and I thought this was a nice room, cleaning cupboard next to us and nobody in the room on the other side which meant we had a very quiet room, full sun in the evening, this also overlooked the tennis court but no players all week.
So to summarise the holiday we both had a very relaxing time, enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, ate enough but not too
much and would definitely go again sometime, go on book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca