To be honest we have stayed in 5* hotels where levels of customer service have not been as high as at this hotel. They really do take this seriously and it shows, well done! All staff, without exception, were exceptionally pleasant, polite and couldn't do enough for you. This hotel deserves 5 stars for service. Consider however, that this is a 3* hotel for which you've paid 3* prices and with that in mind you will not fail to be impressed. Food was well cooked and piping hot. On arrival, and having read reviews before we went stating that the food was served cold, this is what I was expected and consequently burnt my mouth on the piping hot soup. They obviously take note of customer comments and this issue has been rectified. Being a small 3* hotel there wasn't a massive amount of choice but everything we did have was well cooked, really hot, tasty and most enjoyable.
The hotel is in a beautiful area and a really good base for exploring the rest of the island. Bus stops are at the bottom of the road and take you into Palma in one direction and Palma Nova in the other. It cost 1.50 euros each way to get to Palma Nova and 2.20 euros to get to Palma. We also did an awful lot of walking whilst we were there. We are reasonably mobile so the fact that the area is quite hilly did not bother us at all, although I can see how it may not be suitable for anyone with walking difficulties.
All in all, this is an exceptional, clean hotel which we were really impressed with for the price we paid. If I were to nit pick, the only things I could comment on are the fact that the rooms and bathrooms are quite small (although the beds were the comfortable I have ever slept in) and the hotel could do with investing in new sunbeds. This did not impede our holiday one bit however and the positives outweigh the very few negatives by far.
We would return to this hotel in a hearbeat and most probably will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A nice and quiet three star hotel located near Portals Nous beach, 4 km away from Palma de Mallorca, 800 meters away from Bendinat golf course and 1,5 km away from Puerto Portals marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel RD Costa Portals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Costa Portals Hotel Calvia
- Viva Costa Portals Nous
- Costa Portals
- Hotel Costa Portals
- Hotel RD Costa Portals Majorca/Calvia, Spain