“Amazing lovely hotel!”

Ranked #76 of 182 Hotels in Calvia
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing lovely hotel!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Me and my friend stayed here last july for 4 nights for a peaceful bit of sunshine. We used resort hoppa to get there on a full coach and were dropped off first because its closest to airport, and we were last to be picked up which was fab!! Room was fine, small but clean, little balcony to sit out on. We didn't go all inclusive which i wish we had, theres not many restaurants nearby, theres one two doors down which does lovely oriental food like curries, Chinese food, but it was lovely home cooked and in a gorgeous little garden. One night we got a taxi to the posh marina for dinner and another night we got a taxi to magaluf to see a DJ at BCM and its was about 10 euros each way in a taxi. There is a beautiful small beach down a steep hill but its gorgeous and so quiet. Its just a lovely hotel for a quiet break, but close enough to go out!! Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 843Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
England
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have just returned from a long weekend here with my wife and I have to say that I cannot believe what they have provided for the money we have paid.

We went all inclusive and the food and drink were excellent, the hotel is very clean and the hotel is located in the residential district so it was very quiet and peaceful and ideal for a short break.

The hotel is also very near to the centre of the resort and a 10 minute walk to the marina, which we found delightful as we could take an early morning circular walk from the bay near the hotel and along the cliff tops to the marina and then back through the village to the hotel.

If I was to have one moan, I was a little dissapointed when I handed the key back in at 12 noon on the day of departure that I had to hand my all inclusive band in, paticularly given that we did not arrive until after midnight on the first day, but hey ho we only lost a couple of hours of bar service as we planned to leave at 3pm anyway.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have larger balconies than the other floors!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RWKW
Isle of Man
Reviewed April 12, 2014

this hotel is small, clean and most of the staff were lovely, we booked two single rooms and we got what we paid for, we were at the back of the hotel, my bed was single, but very comfortable with new mattress, bathroom was the tiniest I have ever seen and I didn't know they made shower trays that small!!!! the bar is limited but the beer is very good :) the food was nice, always something to eat, not always the hottest tho! we were very shocked the last day when we had our all inclusive bracelets taken off us at 12 noon, if we wanted food or drink for the rest of the day we had to pay!!! first time that has happened, feel sorry for the people who fly home at night!!! I don't know if I would tell people about this hotel as I have been in a lot better all inclusive places, I would not return to this hotel to be fair. Met some lovely people round the pool area tho!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank jessiom
RDcostaportals, Propietario at Hotel RD Costa Portals, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your review in tripadvisor,
I am so sorry that you stay was not the best. We work everyday so hard as we can to give our clients the best.
Sorry, I hope that we can see you soon with us again.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

this is a lovely hotel. it looks like it may have gone an upgrade, public rooms and bedrooms all lovely and modern. Staff were fantastic,,they were very helpful and nothing was too much bother for them. the only bugbear for me was the temperature of the food , for the first 2 days the plates were cold and the food was cold, after that it was a bit warmer,i believe they had problems with the bain marie, and hopefully they can sort it out. as this is not a large hotel there is not an awful lot of choice on the buffet but you could always find something to eat. the only other thing which I think they need to do is put mattress covers on the beds, they look like they are brand new but will soon not be nice. Also this hotel is not suitable for people with difficulty walking or heart conditions as both ways out of the hotel it was very hilly and quite steep hills.

Room Tip: sea front rooms have lovely views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 920cornishpasty
Liverpool
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I'm guessing this is the first review of 2014 season! Firstly, the staff are fantastic - every single one of them go out of their way to be helpful and enhance the experience. Secondly, the food... this is probably the best all inclusive food I've ever ate! fresh fish,meats,salads,breads and a good selection of other options too. The bar serves premium Amstel beer and good choices of spirits. My room had a brand new memory foam mattress, was cleaned every day I asked. This is really one of the best all inc hotels I have stayed in...and at the price I would love to comeback again.

• Stayed April 2014
9 Thank iangeegan
RDcostaportals, Propietario at Hotel RD Costa Portals, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate it.
We work every day very hard to do our best for our guests.
We hope that we will see you soon again with us.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have made a few visits to this hotel this summer and have enjoyed all of the experiences . The hotel is clean and tidy the staff are very welcoming from the staff in the dining area the bar staff Ivan to the reception staff Irene .

The food is good always salads ,vegetables meat etc . Could do with better tea bags but not a big issue .

Will be hopefully having many more stays next summer .

Thanks August

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lee b
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We visited Costa Portal between 22nd and 25th October. It's great for a short break, but both my auntie and I felt any longer and we wouldn't have enjoyed our stay as much. The hotel was probably a fifth or quarter full when we arrived and this accentuated the quietness of this hotel. It's a great location for a quiet break but everything is easily accessed. The bay is a five minute walk down a steep hill and there's a bus stop on the main road to take you as far as Palma and Magaluf. Marineland and the Marina is 15/20 minutes walking distance away along the pedestrian footpath beside the main road. There's also the village of Portals Nous with a few restaurants and a supermarket about 10 minutes walk away. The airport is about 20 minutes away.
Within the hotel there was entertainment on twice during our stay, and although a bit cheesy it still gave us something to enjoy. The staff are very polite and accommodating, but didn't cope well when more guests arrived in our last 2 days. They also aren't in any hurry with service, but such is Spanish life! We stayed All Inclusive and found the meals very basic with little choice, for instance breakfast usually had 2 types of eggs, beans (one day), toast, bacon and some form of sausage (I don't eat meat so this was a bit of a problem, but that's the choice I made!) Lunch consisted of chips, some form of pork or chicken, one type of vegetable and some pasta or rice. Dinner was much the same, and the only thing I will say other than the lack of variety (which was understandable with so few guests) is that the food was pretty much cold by the time you sat down. The drinks on All Inclusive aren't worth it if I'm honest. You have 3 cocktails to choose from and they're served out of a machine, whereas the €6.50 cocktails were made properly. The wine isn't up to much, but again the €6 per wine of glass was better quality. The price of the All Inclusive was very cheap so we didn't expect gourmet :)!
The rooms are basic but perfectly serviceable, with 3 English channels on tv (bbc1, itv and channel 5) and a balcony with a view of the bay. The shower is a bit funny, with a mini bathtub as the base, but the water pressure was really good. The beds are camp-bed style but have a memory foam type mattress which was really comfy. The aircon was a bit weak but we slept just fine.
The reception staff are lovely and really try to help with excursions and local information. Late checkout wasn't a problem and only cost €20 to keep our room until we left at 20.30.
All in all, a good hotel for people who want to do a bit of sunbathing, relaxing and exploring.

Room Tip: We were in room 215 which had a view of the bay and pool, the other side (I think must have been eve...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends