Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa
I stayed here with my mum for a few days during May. I felt safe at this resort, and would recommend for lone and more mature travellers.
We enjoyed our stay for a few nights.
The hotel decor was pleasant and clean; the outdoor pool was small with sufficient sun loungers, and pool service. The indoor spa area had a small pool, with a nice spa area.
The rooms were of a good size and cleaned daily, nothing special but really missed a kettle that I would expect from a 4 star hotel. All rooms look over the sea, the view is lovely.
I am sensitive to noise so always travel with ear plugs; I would not have been able to sleep without them as you could hear noise from other hotel guests.
There were daily activities going on every afternoon, we did not join in as I wanted to relax and read but I noted that bowls, table tennis, archery, tennis were the kinds of activities going on.
We ate breakfast at busy times but always found a clean table, and plenty of fresh food available.
For our evening meal (we booked half board) we sat at the 6.30pm sitting that suited us. Staff were attentive and friendly and tried really hard to speak English (my Spanish is not great!). I would strongly recommend you order your main course from the menu, the starter is buffet (lots of choice) it will then be served at the table; we found the quality is much better than the main course at the buffet. I like a good quality wine only available by the bottle, I could not drink a whole bottle (mum doesn’t drink wine); your wine can be labelled and kept in the restaurant cold for the next evening. I did feel there was a lack of fresh vegetables, but this was not a problem as there was plenty of salad and fruit available.
We visited Palma by bus (number 3) it was very easy as it stops directly outside the hotel, it cost 6 euros return a taxi is approx. 11 euros.
I booked with a German company saving over £150 with expedia etc. . Overall a nice hotel for a few nights stay with my mum , but my children would not enjoy it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished Majorca beach hotel with direct access to the sea and relaxing views over the bay of Palma. Located in Illetas very close to Palma, this is the perfect hotel for your holidays. It offers full range of leisure options with good standards of comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Bonanza Playa Hotel
- Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa Majorca/Calvia, Spain