I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Melia. We spent most of our days at the pool, which was always quiet and I rarely saw more than 2 other people there swimming, which was lovely because it didnt have that crowded feel you get at some "5*" hotels. Its adults only which is a blessing; no kids running around, screaming and bombing in the pool. There are loads of sunbeds and never had a problem getting one (we were there for nearly 2 weeks during August!). There is a private beach as well which was nice, and we hired a four poster bed to be put on the beach, which was a nice romantic touch (although, it wasnt cheap!).
There are a few great places to visit within a short taxi ride. Porta Portals is a very impressive harbour with fantastic restaurants which is a must visit. Also, going to Palma itself is a lot of fun as there are loads of really nice tapas restaurants and cocktail bars.
I would definitely recommend a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Melia de Mar, a contemporary beachfront hotel Enjoying a tranquil setting in the residential area of Illetas, yet only ten minutes from Palma’s city centre, the newly-refurbished, adults-only Gran Melia de Mar, exclusive member of Leading Hotels International, has a privileged location directly facing the sea and offering a small, sandy beach. The hotel has been architecturally designed to make the most of the spectacular views Built / renovated date: 1964 / winter 2015/2016 – Rooms number: 142 – from airport Son Sant Joan - hotel: 17 km with 142 Rooms including Suites. All with Terrace with spectacular front sea view, Bathroom with hair-dryer, magnifying mirror, bathtub and shower stall, Air-conditioning. Heating. Satellite TV. Direct dial telephone. Mini-bar, Nespresso, and Safe. Room Service. 6 Meeting rooms. WIFI free of charge. The spacious ‘RedLevel Experience’ rooms and suites offer special VIP amenities. 2 outdoor pools with a delightful pool surrounded by Balinese beds with concierge service. Magnificent breakfast buffet served in the “PERSEO” restaurant and terrace overlooking the sea , the new ARRELS by Marga Coll – fine dining restaurant with a terrace providing an extraordinary range of modern Mallorcan cuisine. Big variety of F&B offers, service in outdoor spaces or indoors. In summer months enjoy the BARDOT Pool Bar & Restaurant. AMARO Lobby Bar & Lounge. Spa by CLARINS. Valet Parking. The hotel opens from April to October and is strictly adults only. Minimum age 15 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia De Mar Hotel Calvia
- Melia Hotel De Mar
- Sol Melia Calvia
- Gran Melia De Mar Majorca/Calvia, Spain